The New Fantasyland

lazyboy97o

Yes, I do and with some creative design they will be part of seperate mini-lands. Think about how World Showcase Pavillions totally surround you. When you are in China you don't think Norway cause you can't see it.
Not really. This all depends on information that cannot be extrapolated from a plan. The most isolated area is Dumbo. Cinderella/Aurora will block the Little Mermaid and Pooh from each other, but that may not be a total blocking.

Is that Casey Jr. going by in the foreground?
Question, how hard do you think it would be to clone that to fit the track for the Barnstormer...
The trains could be fabricated too look as such, but it would have to be something new from the attractions at Disneyland and Disneyland Paris.

I think its incredibly shortsigthed of Disney not to have a Wonderland area with the teacups and the alice dark ride from disneyland with meet and greets from the new film.
Not moving the Mad Tea Party is what I find most disappointing. A smoother barrier between Fantasyland and the Magic Kingdom would be nice.

Now, if these two attractions ended up being not rides but meet and greets, it is still illogical because there is no sense in Disney putting that much effort and time and money into a meet and greet.
Have you seen ToonTown at Disneyland? Lots of effort there for Meet & Greets. They bring in cash.

jt04

FACT: Disneyland has better rides, but does it have WestCot? Noooo...:cry:
We have that freaky carnaval place called california adventure! :(

You will be praising DCA and WoC a year from now, and even more two years from now, and even more three years from now.

jt04

Not really. This all depends on information that cannot be extrapolated from a plan. The most isolated area is Dumbo. Cinderella/Aurora will block the Little Mermaid and Pooh from each other, but that may not be a total blocking.

Watch and see. There is much not on the blueprint but I pretty much guarantee they are not putting LM and BatB environments right next to each other without a divide. No way.

Think many fabricated trees similar to the Pooh tree and castle walls and berms and such.

lazyboy97o

Watch and see. There is much not on the blueprint but I pretty much guarantee they are not putting LM and BatB environments right next to each other without a divide. No way.

Think many fabricated trees similar to the Pooh tree and castle walls and berms and such.
I know how to read a plan, thank you. There is no reason the two environments could not be placed together. The Disneyland and Disneyland Paris Fantasylands are a mixture of different styles that all are all blended together beautifully.

jt04

I know how to read a plan, thank you. There is no reason the two environments could not be placed together. The Disneyland and Disneyland Paris Fantasylands are a mixture of different styles that all are all blended together beautifully.

It looks to me like there is a high wall between BaTB and LM. There also seems to be a portal/arch as you pass from one to the other. The Cinderella building is definitely angled so LM can't be seen when exiting the courtyard and entering the enchanted forest. That is my interpretation anyway. I think you will see this is the best Fantasyland design ever. IMMHO.

EPCOT Explorer

Its opening wasn't the smoothest trip down the hill though.
Very true. However with Modern tech, I'm thinking ot would be smoother.

To do it in two they would basically have to shut down Fantasy Land and we both know that ain't happening. The bean counters also need to be pacified as well. $500k or what ever the budget turns out to be looks a lot better spread out over a few years.

True. Perhaps they will close the whole thing and open bit by bit? It's ashame they just can't close it and reopen it at the same time.

Then again, they could, but I doubt MK would handle the capacity issues. Isn't what this refurb is for, after all?:lookaroun:lol:

jt04

:eek::eek:

That would be fantastic.:D Right out of the movie.

Yes, and the concept for Belle's villiage is even quite Disneyland Toon Town-esque. Together it's a great add to WDW's FL. I noticed Pinnochio is inside the courtyard so I am now of the thought that both PPF and IaSW facades are to be replaced. I love that they are creating so many themed mini-lands and "realms". I think we have to add the word "realms" to the venacular of words such as immersive, theme, backstory, forced perspective, lands, mini-lands, facades, transitions, refurbs, rehabs, refreshings, guttings, demolition, show, interactive, layered, reimagined, origin story, place, BGM, set pieces...........etc etc. :)

EPCOT Explorer

Yes, and the concept for Belle's villiage is even quite Disneyland Toon Town-esque. Together it's a great add to WDW's FL. I noticed Pinnochio is inside the courtyard so I am now of the thought that both PPF and IaSW facades are to be replaced. I love that they are creating so many themed mini-lands and "realms". I think we have to add the word "realms" to the venacular of words such as immersive, theme, backstory, forced perspective, lands, mini-lands, facades, transitions, refurbs, rehabs, refreshings, guttings, demolition, show, interactive, layered, reimagined, origin story, place, BGM, set pieces...........etc etc. :)

You have this all planned out, huh?:lol:

aladdin2007

Could some of those attractions that involve the princesses actually go underground? Remember magic kingdom is 50ft above sea level, the only problem would be what is below there, i.e. utilidors, plumbing, electrical work, phil holmes secrect torture chamber:)

I dont think so but the Little Mermaid ride design is rumored to go under level once you board. I believe this will make it somewhat different than DCA's layout?

Studios Fan

It's all about how much you want to disrupt the area and the traffic flow. ALso, if you start ripping up the entire area at once, you are putting a lot of stress on other attractions in the park... especially if ToonTown goes right away.

If it's a multi-phased plan, i see it being:

1. Mermaid/Aurora
  2. Be Our Guest Restaurant/Belles Area/Cinderella
  3. ToonTown Takedown
  4. New Dumbo area built/PixieHallow
  5. Current Dumboa area torn down/Castle Wall built
Here's my logic behind that.... the Aurora area needs to be built to open a path to the Mermaid ride. So, those two are link. Next, you go for the Beauty and the Beast area to open up more space for people to roam. Now that you have place for people, especially younger children, to go... ToonTown can go down. Once the new dumbo area is built, they can take down the current dumbo and build the castle wall area.

I could see that as well. I could also see 1 & 2 going together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom