The Dark Knight Countdown

imagineer boy

I saw on another discussion forums that someone had one of those video in the signature thingies where it was a video edited around to make it look like batman was punching Peter Parker in the face. :lol:

WDWFREAK53

Yes, he's in serious condition...

please though...no "Why so Serious?" jokes.

This guy can play "Morgan Freeman" better than anyone!

Timmay

Actually, "serious condition" isn't all that bad. It means you are probably in a fair amount of pain, but you will live, although you may need a hefty amount of morphine to make it through the day.

imagineer boy

Well that's good.

It really would've been rediculous if they had to replace yet another character with a new actor for future batman movies.

Wilt Dasney

Morgan Freeman would be entirely un-replacable....he's friggin' Morgan Freeman! No others need apply.

I just wish I had his voice...

Wilt Dasney

That article makes some pretty good observations.

In my mind, there are two BIG problems with the Robin character that would have to be dealt with believably: Bruce's decision to allow him in the fold, and his outfit. Both of them are addressed in that link, and I think the suggestions are good.

(Basically, saying Grayson would need to more insert himself into the fight instead of waiting for Bruce to say OK, and he'd need to ditch the bright primary colors, which make absolutely no sense in the Batman world.)

I suppose Robin could work if done well, but I'd still prefer not to see him. I think you can find those humanizing anchors for Batman in people like Alfred, Lucius or just a suit-less Grayson, without breaking out the R.

imagineer boy

That was a good article. I really do think Robin could be done if done well. In the next movie, he's introduced (at age 16) and it shows his parent's death at the circus and Bruce takes him in because doesn't have any extended family. But he's only keeping him for a couple of months until a proper foster family is found. Then it carries on into the next movie where becomes robin, etc. And instead of Robin being Batman's trusty sidekick, he could go with him for only a few adventures but then goes his own way and becomes night wing.

But the number 1 hope is simply that they don't mess up film 3. Just about all superhero franchises have crashed and burned at film 3. Batman Forever, X-men 3, Spiderman 3, Superman 3, ect. God, let's just hope it turns out for the best.

dandaman

Morgan Freeman would be entirely un-replacable....he's friggin' Morgan Freeman! No others need apply.

I just wish I had his voice...

Did you happen to catch Jay Leno the other night when they had "him" on a phone-in session? :lol:

"That's right, Jay. Every time I speak, grand music plays in the background wherever my voice reaches. Like this: I'll have an extra large pepperoni pizza, with a side of Crazy bread and a large soda pop.

And... I have a coupon."

WDWFREAK53

That was a good article. I really do think Robin could be done if done well. In the next movie, he's introduced (at age 16) and it shows his parent's death at the circus and Bruce takes him in because doesn't have any extended family. But he's only keeping him for a couple of months until a proper foster family is found. Then it carries on into the next movie where becomes robin, etc. And instead of Robin being Batman's trusty sidekick, he could go with him for only a few adventures but then goes his own way and becomes night wing.

But the number 1 hope is simply that they don't mess up film 3. Just about all superhero franchises have crashed and burned at film 3. Batman Forever, X-men 3, Spiderman 3, Superman 3, ect. God, let's just hope it turns out for the best.

(Blade Trinity)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom