The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MouseDreaming

My local garden center is open and has a full assortment of veggies. Social distancing shouldn't be a problem because nobody can find the place, everything is outdoors and spread out. No human contact if you want, just call say what you put in your car and drop money in box. Glad I keep an assortment of small bills and change on hand for things like this. I'm not even sure if the guy takes plastic:rolleyes: edit dh's work gets an hour both days on the weekend and we get a small discount:inlove:
I drove by my local nursery last weekend. Parking lot was stuffed, and even though it is outside, the area where the stuff to plant was packed. Even outside, and just driving by, I could feel my anxiety pushing up. Home Depot is always stuffed to capacity. I am not sure where I will be able to pick up a few plants this year, and feel comfortable.

donaldtoo

Lady Gaga and the meat dress was really creepy, no matter what anyone says. Don't like the new millenium music much. I try and to me it all sounds the same. Not talking Broadway or Disney music. I do like "Can't Stop the Feeling", by Justin Timberlake though. Still prefer 80's the most. Downloaded a couple of Ambrosia Songs the other day. Getting my 9 year old into them. :hilarious:

Does anyone remember "The Hooters" (music group)? They are out of Philly. Best songs "And We Danced" and "Day by Day".

Yes indeed, I remember the “Hooters”...saw them here in concert back in ‘85, and I still have their “Nervous Night” album (yes, and actual “album”) in vinyl...!!!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious::)

DDA9C861-BA04-4BCE-AC1B-653E4C15DDB6.jpeg
EC786B4A-B8EB-4CD2-AF0B-DAF2DCD1B089.jpeg

21stamps

I drove by my local nursery last weekend. Parking lot was stuffed, and even though it is outside, the area where the stuff to plant was packed. Even outside, and just driving by, I could feel my anxiety pushing up. Home Depot is always stuffed to capacity. I am not sure where I will be able to pick up a few plants this year, and feel comfortable.

I still haven’t planted mine. They’ll probably all be dead by the time I get to it, we’ll see.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm lucky mine is never packed and we went during an hour put aside for people who work where my dh does. He's going to call us when the hot pepper come in:joyfull: We were the second people there and when we left there were 6 cars in the lot. We spent some extra time because James went back to look at the animals

Last edited:

93boomer

Premium Member
Go really early or an hour before closing during the week. They aren’t as full then. Everyone goes on the weekend.

StarWarsGirl

In Philly is seedy if you exit one was and if you exit the other way you wind up near some nice shops. Newark is almost the same one door puts you going into the business district and the other is a bit icky bit once you're past that there's some of the best restaurants in the area a block over
Baltimore too...like "Oh, this is nice" and then you make a wrong turn and get very uncomfortable...

donaldtoo

If you ever make it to Key West, FL they have been having an Ernest Hemingway contest for the last 40 years. You should consider entering.

Never even woulda’ thought a’ that, and have never even read a Hemingway book all the way through (not even “The Old Man and the Sea”). Also, I’ve never been to Key West, and although I love my beer, I’ve never been a total boozer like he was...I can’t afford that in my career...maybe I shoulda’ been a writer, as the social distancing appears to be pretty well-established in that career field, as well...!!!!! :hilarious:
But, I did Google, and I guess we’re kinda’ similar-looking with beards...I’m just kinda’ gonna’ take it as a, sorta’, compliment...!!!!! :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom