The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Trying not to get too political here, but basically, Baltimore County and Baltimore City are the odd men out in this situation. There's only two other counties that aren't reopening hair salons, PG County and Frederick County. Frederick County just said they want to give it another two weeks and make sure the cases go down; they're otherwise following the governor's plan. PG County is down near DC and was the hardest hit, so it kind of makes sense. Every place else in the state is basically following the governor's plan...and then there's Baltimore. Which is basically Maryland in a nutshell... there's the rest of Maryland...and then there's Baltimore, that one sibling that no one wants to talk about...

They're also not opening to full capacity. Appointment only and 50%, masks required.

As for me, I've been leaving my house. I got bloodwork done, been to the liquor store (because those are essential businesses here...), been going for walks on a local trail, and I have an appointment with my endocrinologist in two weeks that I'm planning on going to. If Hershey Park reopens in June, I'm planning on going. Just taking precautions. I wear a mask, keep hand sanitizer on me and in the car, and social distance as much as possible. I'm not going to grocery stores; Mom does that. I do curbside pickup when I can (like for Target, as much as @Dead2009 would like me to stop).

I don't care how many times you go to Target, i'm just messin with ya 😂

StarWarsGirl

I uploaded mine yesterday! Not the best quality video, but I followed the specifications. I only had to do about 20 takes. :rolleyes: I kept missing the clap. Then I finally got nearly to the end and my husband walked in and I had to start over. :banghead: I should have put a sign on the door, but it was during his working hours and the kids' school hours, so I figured I was safe. Nope....E's birthday present arrived (well, part of it) and DH came up to let me know it got here. But I finally got an acceptable take.
I'm planning on recording either tonight of this weekend. Like you, I did 20 takes for World of Color and then picked. That one was a nuisance; it took a good four hours. You had to have a dark background and your mic couldn't show, but you had to have an earpiece, and this was 2013 and Bluetooth mics and all weren't as common...that one was complicated. I had to hang a dark blue sheet in my room and record there, then I had an earbud down my back and a mic in front of me. You also had to wear a solid color shirt. Disney was epically picky. And you had to clap three times, not once, so I had to do several takes because I wanted to show I was precise.

I ended up getting in the first round...I think they had 1500 Sopranos submit and took a fraction of that. They added more later.

This time shouldn't be as bad. I'll use my work microphone and hide it in my hair. And then I don't have to worry about the background.

Goofyernmost

Or, just do what I do -- cut it myself! :joyfull:

I can assure all of you -- it's a very "unique" look. :hilarious: (And oh, the price is right, too!) :D
I'm afraid that I used up the eyes in the back of my head trick when my children were small. The only place that I have hair is in the back and I cannot see it and even if I can, my system will not let my hands function with mirror images. If I had any on the top, that I could do but, nature has taken care of that location.

Figgy1

Premium Member
My local garden center is open and has a full assortment of veggies. Social distancing shouldn't be a problem because nobody can find the place, everything is outdoors and spread out. No human contact if you want, just call say what you put in your car and drop money in box. Glad I keep an assortment of small bills and change on hand for things like this. I'm not even sure if the guy takes plastic:rolleyes: edit dh's work gets an hour both days on the weekend and we get a small discount:inlove:

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

Yup related.
I didn't tell the story about how I messed with my dad for his 60th birthday, did I?

Well, of course, none of us celebrate our birthdays; they just aren't a big deal. So he didn't want anything special for his 60th. Well, I decided it would be fun to remind him how old he is...so I programed Alexa so that when he woke up it said "Good morning. You are sixty years old today. Do you feel old? You were born in 1960. The year is 2020. And a computer is talking to you." Then he would find sticky notes all day that just had "60" written on them. In random places. His coffee maker, his steering wheel, his iced tea pitcher, his keyboard, his closet door, his bed, his chair...just everywhere. And then I got ahold of his iPad that morning, found a picture that said "60" and left that up in Chrome, so when he unlocked it, that was the first thing he saw, and then when we were eating dinner, I'd set a reminder on the Echo saying "Hey, you're 60!"

So basically I have to actually figure out something nice to do for their 35th anniversary this year. 😂

Anyway, I enjoy messing with people.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I didn't tell the story about how I messed with my dad for his 60th birthday, did I?

Well, of course, none of us celebrate our birthdays; they just aren't a big deal. So he didn't want anything special for his 60th. Well, I decided it would be fun to remind him how old he is...so I programed Alexa so that when he woke up it said "Good morning. You are sixty years old today. Do you feel old? You were born in 1960. The year is 2020. And a computer is talking to you." Then he would find sticky notes all day that just had "60" written on them. In random places. His coffee maker, his steering wheel, his iced tea pitcher, his keyboard, his closet door, his bed, his chair...just everywhere. And then I got ahold of his iPad that morning, found a picture that said "60" and left that up in Chrome, so when he unlocked it, that was the first thing he saw, and then when we were eating dinner, I'd set a reminder on the Echo saying "Hey, you're 60!"

So basically I have to actually figure out something nice to do for their 35th anniversary this year. 😂

Anyway, I enjoy messing with people.
James implies his father is older than @Goofyernmost almost all the time. Related

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My local garden center is open and has a full assortment of veggies. Social distancing shouldn't be a problem because nobody can find the place, everything is outdoors and spread out. No human contact if you want, just call say what you put in your car and drop money in box. Glad I keep an assortment of small bills and change on hand for things like this. I'm not even sure if the guy takes plastic:rolleyes: edit dh's work gets an hour both days on the weekend and we get a small discount:inlove:

Not to worry -- no mask or social distancing needed: very few people "crowd" for okra and kale . . . 🤮

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom