The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

OK, so I was outvoted ‘cause everyone in my house wanted to watch “Titanic” on VH-1. (Yes, I coulda’ gone to watch somethin’ else in mine and DWifey’s bedroom). The part that blows my mind the most, and always has, is when the old lady chucks the multi-million dollar diamond off the back of the research boat at the end. You stupid twit, couldn’t you have donated that thing to some worthy cause instead of chuckin’ it back into the sea, you freakin’ moron...?!?!?!?!?!?! :facepalm:
Never saw it and don't care to. ;)

MySmallWorldof4

I wanted to share some artwork E did. My niece, N, turned 7 on Thursday, and E wanted to draw her something as a gift. When we went to Disney last Summer, N chose a plush as her souvenir. It's from Stitch, the cartoon I think, and she called it curly because of the curly antennas. And N also LOVED our Stitch ponchos and we let her wear one for a while. So E drew "Curly" wearing a Stitch poncho. She drew it free hand on M's ipad with an apple pen.

View attachment 470674View attachment 470675
Awesome job!

StarWarsGirl

I wanted to share some artwork E did. My niece, N, turned 7 on Thursday, and E wanted to draw her something as a gift. When we went to Disney last Summer, N chose a plush as her souvenir. It's from Stitch, the cartoon I think, and she called it curly because of the curly antennas. And N also LOVED our Stitch ponchos and we let her wear one for a while. So E drew "Curly" wearing a Stitch poncho. She drew it free hand on M's ipad with an apple pen.

I can draw stick figures.

StarWarsGirl

Oh, her name is Angel. She's Stitch's girlfriend, Experiment 624. She was on Lilo and Stitch the Series. Her power was if she sang a song she could turn the aliens from good to evil, but if she sang it backwards, it turned them from evil to good. It didn't work on Stitch, though, because he was created after her.

Yes, I was very into the Disney Channel as a kid, and no, I don't know why I still remember a good 16 years later.

Edit: Lilo and Stitch the Series is on Disney+. It's episode 30 of season 1.

donaldtoo

Betcha can't wait to squeeze her again.

Boy howdy, these last few months have been very tough. As I’ve posted many times before over the years, and in pics, our entire family is very close.
And, although, we’re all well so far, and I know sooo many other families have suffered sooo very much more than us, it doesn’t make it any easier.
I just want to hug our lil’ Emy, and, of course, my dear mother. Tough times for all of us (my family, and all of us on this site) here all the way around.
Just unprecedented times.
And, although slowly, my folks home is still being rebuilt during it all. They finally got a new roof put on it this week.
Almost all of 2020, so far, has just been straight-up wacky.
We are all in constant communication via modern technology, but, it just still isn’t the same.
No virtual hug could ever come even remotely close to replacing a real hug.

OK, I’m out, y’all be cool and well...!!!
Laterrrrrrrrrrr...!!!!!!! :)

wdwfan4ver

I have a hair appointment next Thursday!!!!
T will go to the barber on Monday.. have no idea what that wait will be like.. but I know it will be worth it.
I think a lot of us that didn't cut their hair during the stay at home orders needs one soon or right now.

I city I live in now has decided to ease up the restrictions and now allow barbershops and playgrounds to open. I know the barbershop I go to has a new policy on their May 26th opening.

They will start to take appointments on May 23rd according to their answering machine. What I know is he will only allow one person in the barbershop with no one waiting inside. The Barbershop I go to is small in a strip mall with a small waiting area inside. The way the waiting area was, it was not practical for social distancing.

Last edited:

Songbird76

Oh, her name is Angel. She's Stitch's girlfriend, Experiment 624. She was on Lilo and Stitch the Series. Her power was if she sang a song she could turn the aliens from good to evil, but if she sang it backwards, it turned them from evil to good. It didn't work on Stitch, though, because he was created after her.

Yes, I was very into the Disney Channel as a kid, and no, I don't know why I still remember a good 16 years later.

Edit: Lilo and Stitch the Series is on Disney+. It's episode 30 of season 1.
Yeah, I was thinking the tag said "Angel", but I didn't remember an Angel in the movie, so I figured it was probably the cartoon series. N fell in love with her and had to have her, though we tried to tell her to wait because it was our first morning at Disney, and the first place we went, and she was bound to see a lot of awesome things that she would want, but if she spent all her money on the first thing she saw, she wouldn't have any left if she found something later that she wanted more. But she was adamant, that was her souvenir. So she bought it, and then we went on Journey into the Imagination, came out into the gift store, and there was a stuffed figment that she really really wanted....but she already had "Curly". Valuable lesson learned.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I’ve always wanted to take an Amtrak train somewhere.. but the routes always look crazy long

Yah, it definitely depends upon the route. And you also have to figure in extra time as well; it's not nearly as quick on longer routes, like airline travel is.

Also, (at least prior to the pandemic) the rates had gone up considerably; so on longer distance routes, a bus like Greyhound is a better option. (I can deal with a bus for maybe only 2 hours though, so I'm not a big fan of buses. Depending upon the route, some of their terminals leave a lot to be desired as well.)

Some day, I'd like to take the California Zephyr (with the Dome Cars). That route looks really fun. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
OK, so I was outvoted ‘cause everyone in my house wanted to watch “Titanic” on VH-1. (Yes, I coulda’ gone to watch somethin’ else in mine and DWifey’s bedroom). The part that blows my mind the most, and always has, is when the old lady chucks the multi-million dollar diamond off the back of the research boat at the end. You stupid twit, couldn’t you have donated that thing to some worthy cause instead of chuckin’ it back into the sea, you freakin’ moron...?!?!?!?!?!?! :facepalm:

Um . . . that's not quite the reaction, that the writer of the script had in mind . . . :hilarious:

John park hopper

Yah, it definitely depends upon the route. And you also have to figure in extra time as well; it's not nearly as quick on longer routes, like airline travel is.

Also, (at least prior to the pandemic) the rates had gone up considerably; so on longer distance routes, a bus like Greyhound is a better option. (I can deal with a bus for maybe only 2 hours though, so I'm not a big fan of buses. Depending upon the route, some of their terminals leave a lot to be desired as well.)

Some day, I'd like to take the California Zephyr (with the Dome Cars). That route looks really fun. :)
I would love to do trans Canada train trip (on my bucket list) I'm with you bus terminals seem to be in the seedy parts of cities

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom