The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I think a lot of us that didn't cut their hair during the stay at home orders needs one soon or right now.

I city I live in now has decided to ease up the restrictions and now allow barbershops and playgrounds to open. I know the barbershop I go to has a new policy on their May 26th opening.

They will start to take appointments on May 23rd according to their answering machine. What I know is he will only allow one person in the barbershop with no one waiting inside. The Barbershop I go to is small in a strip mall with a small waiting area inside. The way the waiting area was, it was not practical for social distancing.

I think you should try to cut it yourself, like I did. Doesn't matter if it comes out crazy-looking.

You see, it's all in the delivery of the message. Throw a little French into your comments. If someone says something like, "your hair looks different . . . ", you respond with, "Yes I was going for the avant garde look, and I'm loving it!" :p

Rista1313

OK, so I was outvoted ‘cause everyone in my house wanted to watch “Titanic” on VH-1. (Yes, I coulda’ gone to watch somethin’ else in mine and DWifey’s bedroom). The part that blows my mind the most, and always has, is when the old lady chucks the multi-million dollar diamond off the back of the research boat at the end. You stupid twit, couldn’t you have donated that thing to some worthy cause instead of chuckin’ it back into the sea, you freakin’ moron...?!?!?!?!?!?! :facepalm:

But that wouldn't have made a good story!

21stamps

Yah, it definitely depends upon the route. And you also have to figure in extra time as well; it's not nearly as quick on longer routes, like airline travel is.

Also, (at least prior to the pandemic) the rates had gone up considerably; so on longer distance routes, a bus like Greyhound is a better option. (I can deal with a bus for maybe only 2 hours though, so I'm not a big fan of buses. Depending upon the route, some of their terminals leave a lot to be desired as well.)

Some day, I'd like to take the California Zephyr (with the Dome Cars). That route looks really fun. :)

I had looked into an Amtrak vacation a couple of year ago, was definitely priced higher than I expected.

The California Zephyr does look really fun!

Figgy1

Premium Member
I would love to do trans Canada train trip (on my bucket list) I'm with you bus terminals seem to be in the seedy parts of cities
In Philly is seedy if you exit one was and if you exit the other way you wind up near some nice shops. Newark is almost the same one door puts you going into the business district and the other is a bit icky bit once you're past that there's some of the best restaurants in the area a block over

Figgy1

Premium Member
Plant shopping was interesting I didn't get everything but I got patio tomatoes, citronella, marigolds, petunias, salvia, rosemary and a few other things but hot peppers weren't in yet. I was expecting to slip money into a jar through a hole in the lid. Nope he left a till drawer out and you could make your own change. Shocking because a few people bought a couple of hundred dollars worth of trees and he just left the drawer out on his deck area:joyfull: We took James with us and his wife yelled over to him to go to the desk and grab some lollipops and told him to stop growing

21stamps

If anyone wants to read our mountain adventure, and typical 21stamps mishaps.. I started a thread. Still going thru my photos, so you may have seen most of what I’ve posted so far.

Figgy1

Premium Member
The vast majority of Starbucks are still closed in my state. However, they just reopened one nearby, that is a drive-through -- the line of cars was ridiculous!!! :jawdrop:
I'm not sure if my Starbuck is open or not:eek: I think the coffee area at Wegmans is but I couldn't tell you for sure. I do know I can buy wine or cider at Wegmans:angelic: Dh got a box of wine for cooking right before the shut down and I haven't touched not one drop for drinking:angelic:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm not sure if my Starbuck is open or not:eek: I think the coffee area at Wegmans is but I couldn't tell you for sure. I do know I can buy wine or cider at Wegmans:angelic: Dh got a box of wine for cooking right before the shut down and I haven't touched not one drop for drinking:angelic:

Interesting that there is a Starbucks inside the Target I go to, but that section is closed off -- even though the Target store itself, is open. 🤷‍♀️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom