The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Not necessarily, and I've heard both sides of this argument down through the years. I pasted below a brief summary of what might cause the change in sky color, and it's not always predictive of a storm. Interesting read, though. (I put it there, becase Lord knows, I'm no scientist! Don't take my word for anything! ;) )

https://earthsky.org/earth/why-does-the-sky-change-color-before-a-tornado
Interesting. We had tornado warnings by us during the night. The rain came down in buckets and the wind was so loud. The rain is gone but we are getting some strong wind gusts. I am so happy I don’t have to leave the house today.

MySmallWorldof4

Hello! Last night, I found out my friend had bipolar depression , do any of you have suggestions, to keep us being friends? I don’t want to lose her, as my friend, because of the this ☹
That is sad. I assume she is seeing a psychiatrist for this. They have medication that helps. Patty Duke Astin, (an actress in case you don’t know), suffered from bipolar depression. There was a made for tv movie of it in the 80’s. I remember watching it on tv. She played herself, and her son Sean from The Goonies, played himself. You should see if you can find it. It may give you insight. It was a good film and shows there is help for this with this disorder.

MySmallWorldof4

I can't imagine paying for students loans and expenses. I'm really fortunate that my parents were willing to help with my education so I didn't have to take loans.

I loved in my recent job hunt where I would look for entry level positions and it would say "Requires 2-3 years experience". Entry level...
View attachment 364254
Yes, they need to rethink what “entry level” means. Great point!

MySmallWorldof4

My MIL finished DD's dress for our Disney trip. We all worked on it together, cutting out the pattern and the fabric, but my MIL did most of the work.
View attachment 364783

It looks a bit weird because she's still wearing her jeans underneath it, and she's not standing up completely straight, but it's cute!! Pay no attention to my nephew in the background.
That is just so pretty!!!! :inlove:

93boomer

Premium Member
I had a great weekend in the Netherlands, the flight from Heathrow to Schiphol is only 45 minutes but if you fly with KLM you still get a snack and a drink.View attachment 364796
I love this box because it's so Dutch, not just the picture on it but the content as well. It holds half a sandwich (one small slice of bread with a bit of egg salad cut in half).
One small biscuit and a small cup of water.
The flight attendance also offer coke, orange juice, beer and wine.
The clouds were particularly beautiful on Friday so I took a picture.
View attachment 364793

On Saturday we celebrated my mum's birthday by going to the city of Leiden. It is the birthplace of Rembrandt plus a beautiful old city.
This is the oldest building in Leiden built in 1612.
View attachment 364794

We took a canal tour and past many beautiful houses and bridges.
View attachment 364791

View attachment 364792

The weather really cooperated as it was sunny for most of the day. After the boat tour we went to a lovely petting zoo with a large farmhouse where we had afternoon tea.

I saw this pig and wanted to take it home with me. :inlove:
View attachment 364799
So pretty! That pig is adorable!

THE Monorail Lime

That is sad. I assume she is seeing a psychiatrist for this. They have medication that helps. Patty Duke Astin, (an actress in case you don’t know), suffered from bipolar depression. There was a made for tv movie of it in the 80’s. I remember watching it on tv. She played herself, and her son Sean from The Goonies, played himself. You should see if you can find it. It may give you insight. It was a good film and shows there is help for this with this disorder.
She said it’s a mild case, and that she knows how to control it, she won’t hurt me 😄

MySmallWorldof4

I had a great weekend in the Netherlands, the flight from Heathrow to Schiphol is only 45 minutes but if you fly with KLM you still get a snack and a drink.View attachment 364796
I love this box because it's so Dutch, not just the picture on it but the content as well. It holds half a sandwich (one small slice of bread with a bit of egg salad cut in half).
View attachment 364793

On Saturday we celebrated my mum's birthday by going to the city of Leiden. It is the birthplace of Rembrandt plus a beautiful old city.
View attachment 364794

View attachment 364791

View attachment 364792

The weather really cooperated as it was sunny for most of the day. After the boat tour we went to a lovely petting zoo with a large farmhouse where we had afternoon tea.

View attachment 364799
So glad you had a great day with your mom. Leiden is also the city where the “Pilgrims” lived after they left England, but before they decided to travel to “The New World”.
I have never seen a fuzzy pig before.

Cesar R M

View attachment 364793

View attachment 364794

View attachment 364791

View attachment 364792

View attachment 364799
That is a disturbingly fluffy pig!
I tough it was a mountain cow!

Cesar R M

Good chocolate is a necessity in life, a bear necessity!
75ikBWP.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom