The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

93boomer

Premium Member
Good luck to everybody on the east coast! The weather is LOUD and not fun or safe
What she said^^^^^ We had heavy winds and rain all day yesterday. We had a tornado warning last night, but nothing happened here at home. I haven't heard if it touched down or not nearby. I am so glad we drove back home on Saturday! But, DH had to go back to work this morning. Yep, he is already working outages from yesterday.

Rista1313

Figgy1

Premium Member
What she said^^^^^ We had heavy winds and rain all day yesterday. We had a tornado warning last night, but nothing happened here at home. I haven't heard if it touched down or not nearby. I am so glad we drove back home on Saturday! But, DH had to go back to work this morning. Yep, he is already working outages from yesterday.
I'm sorry your dh is working outages already. Yup spotty power outages around here but we're ok knocking on wood (ferrets head) a few schools are closed and they're already a week over

Goofyernmost

It's been snowing since this morning... wet nastiness... what month is this anyway. I'm literally starting to get angry, because I'm so tired of the cruddy weather.
Don't get too upset, this weather is nothing more than a Chinese conspiracy. We were informed of this by an impeccable source. In other words it's just a bad dream, you'll wake up soon and all will be sunny and warm. I hope you set your alarm. You won't want to oversleep and miss all of it.

Last edited:

12in12

I came back home from the Midwest Gaming Classic earlier today and I not be back tomorrow there. I also didn't buy tickets for the after parties either. It looks like there is going to be a snow shower tomorrow.

Besides that, I don't know if my body can handle tomorrow after what my legs were feeling today at the convention. My knees, calfs, and ankles were bothering me at times during the convention. My problem started after I had kneel the floor at vendor hall. Vendors there had tubs of merchandise for sale on the floor besides the tables. I couldn't move that fast and felt like I was limping a little bit.

Despite the fact the Star Wars Convention was less than one hundred miles away from the Midwest gaming classic, the convention was packed. The Midwest gaming classic had more than a delorean on display. I saw Jurassic park jeeps there and a replica of Ecto-1.

I didn't eat the Midwest Gaming classic at all. The food lines were very line. There was some food inside vendor hall being served and there was food served in a hall way. Music was played at vendor hall hall including Ducktales music.

The vendors had video games, swords, plush stuff, clothes, magnets, and other stuff. I did use up all the cash I brought.

I was in video muesum and a couple arcade rooms.

The arcade rooms were packed. The biggest of the two rooms had pinball games. One of side seemed to be a little bit more packed than the other, but I think it due to the nature of the pinball games. There were big licensed pinball games there Wily Wonka and the Chocolate Factory: the pinball was revealed and people were busy playing it. I seem a lot of pinball games being played such as the NASCAR pinball game, Deal Pool Pinball game, Star Wars Pinball game, and bunch of others. It seemed to have over 200 pinball games. There was over 100 plus video game machines.

I did notice the video game and computer museum was bigger this year for the Midwest gaming classic.
Sounds like you had a good time even with the pain in your legs.

12in12

It has been a nice birthday for me. The actual day with yummy BBQ and then when we all could be together this weekend and a few others Uncle Julio's. It is not a norm for us as it is very pricey which made it a nice Birthday treat. While my Margarita was very good it was still not the same as my Mexico visits of the past or nearly as great as LaCava inside the Mexico pavilion at Epcot.
Belated happy birthday!

Goofyernmost

Yikes! I think without a good travel agent to explain things to people, if they aren't travel obsessed like some of us, then I bet this gets missed by a lot of people. =/ Was Brad able to help them try to get some fast passes or download the app?
So true... I have stated before that our mouth open bewilderment that someone would not be aware of what is necessary is snobbish on our part. I would wonder in that case if they even made reservations to stay onsite. Anyway to get to my point, to the vast population in this country, WDW is a theme park. A glorified amusement park. There is no need to spend days researching to go to an amusement park. They went before and if they weren't part of a Disney discussion group, they would have no reason to think that anything has changed. After all, in this case, they were veterans, they had been there before, but, it was before the NEW Disney came into existence. This idea that people have to spend time on planning when it wasn't at all that way the last time they went, is just us feeling superior to them because we do know.

That said, I know what is necessary, but, my touring plan does not make it necessary to do any of that. I stay offsite, if I plan on eating onsite in a full service I just try a few days ahead, if I can get one, great, if not, still just fine. I even made my fastpass reservations the night before I went to the park. It was in February, but, we all know that WDW no longer has an off season. I do feel bad for people that don't know this, but, I understand why it never crosses their minds that they need to do all that intricate planning. It is just a fancy amusement park and what other one requires someone to be aware of anymore then how to get there.

Even Disney advertisement downplays all that need. When they do mention it they presented it as an enhancement. It's never if you don't make ADR's you are going to be very hungry before you find a place to eat a balanced meal and you are not going to ride very many attractions. They just make you feel that it might be good to do this stuff, but, it isn't necessary, you'll still have a great time. I still do, but, I know in advance what is going to be difficult and plan my time differently. It is much easier to be flexible when one knows exactly what will happen when you don't take those things into consideration. It seems to me that, especially if they sign up for the Magic Bus, that if they don't do this stuff they are going to be very frustrated and unhappy campers, that Disney does not finalize resort reservation until those are made an extra effort is made to make sure that everyone that agrees to be confined onsite know EXACTLY what they will need to do to make their experience a good one.

Last edited:

12in12

I had a great weekend in the Netherlands, the flight from Heathrow to Schiphol is only 45 minutes but if you fly with KLM you still get a snack and a drink.364796
I love this box because it's so Dutch, not just the picture on it but the content as well. It holds half a sandwich (one small slice of bread with a bit of egg salad cut in half).
One small biscuit and a small cup of water.
The flight attendance also offer coke, orange juice, beer and wine.
The clouds were particularly beautiful on Friday so I took a picture.

On Saturday we celebrated my mum's birthday by going to the city of Leiden. It is the birthplace of Rembrandt plus a beautiful old city.
This is the oldest building in Leiden built in 1612.

We took a canal tour and past many beautiful houses and bridges.

The weather really cooperated as it was sunny for most of the day. After the boat tour we went to a lovely petting zoo with a large farmhouse where we had afternoon tea.

I saw this pig and wanted to take it home with me. :inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom