The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
So hubs just got back from visiting with some friends of ours at their child's birthday party. I wasn't feeling so hot so I didn't go, but I am feeling better now. We haven't really seen them in a couple months, because of different busy things going on and snow and cold and all that. But anyway, they told hubs tonight that they are going to WDW in about 8 days. He asked them which fast passes they got and they looked at him blankly. They haven't made any! They weren't aware that fast passes could be made 60 days in advance! I'm all mind boggled about. He doesn't think they have any dining reservations either, although that isn't that necessary especially with decent counter service and Flower & Garden. Apparently they thought the fass pass system was still paper and actually going to the attraction because that's how it was when they were there last.

I just can't imagine putting out the money they are going to put out (staying at a moderate resort with 3 kids and two of those fall into the adult price) and not be prepared. It's like don't they know I'm Disney obsessed! Don't they know us at all! I hope they have a good trip, but it would have been better if they had mentioned their trip 52 days ago.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Rista1313

So hubs just got back from visiting with some friends of ours at their child's birthday party. I wasn't feeling so hot so I didn't go, but I am feeling better now. We haven't really seen them in a couple months, because of different busy things going on and snow and cold and all that. But anyway, they told hubs tonight that they are going to WDW in about 8 days. He asked them which fast passes they got and they looked at him blankly. They haven't made any! They weren't aware that fast passes could be made 60 days in advance! I'm all mind boggled about. He doesn't think they have any dining reservations either, although that isn't that necessary especially with decent counter service and Flower & Garden. Apparently they thought the fass pass system was still paper and actually going to the attraction because that's how it was when they were there last.

I just can't imagine putting out the money they are going to put out (staying at a moderate resort with 3 kids and two of those fall into the adult price). It's like don't they know I'm Disney obsessed! Don't they know us at all! I hope they have a good trip, but it would have been better if they had mentioned their trip 52 days ago.:rolleyes:

Yikes! I think without a good travel agent to explain things to people, if they aren't travel obsessed like some of us, then I bet this gets missed by a lot of people. =/ Was Brad able to help them try to get some fast passes or download the app?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Did you end up getting snow? It looks like we only got rain on this side of the lake so far.

It was snowing before I got up and and still is but lighter now. It is hard to say how much we got because it is that heart attack snow, really thick and watery. I'd say mashed down there is likely about 4 inches. Nobody is cleaning this mess up but the plows did come out.
It should be warm enough in the morning with sun to melt it thank goodness.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Yikes! I think without a good travel agent to explain things to people, if they aren't travel obsessed like some of us, then I bet this gets missed by a lot of people. =/ Was Brad able to help them try to get some fast passes or download the app?

They didn't go through a travel agent, but still if she had opened and actually read any emails Disney had sent about fast passes and reservations, they should've know. The wife told Brad she was in charge of booking the hotel and transportation to Disney and the husband was in charge of the rest. Anyway, Brad did tell them how the new fast passes worked but with the party going on didn't have much time to help them with anything else. The husband did say he would look into it Monday. I told Brad he should text him on Tuesday and see if he needs any help.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It was snowing before I got up and and still is but lighter now. It is hard to say how much we got because it is that heart attack snow, really thick and watery. I'd say mashed down there is likely about 4 inches. Nobody is cleaning this mess up but the plows did come out.
It should be warm enough in the morning with sun to melt it thank goodness.

Yep, sounds like the mess we got up here on Thursday. Ours is melting slowly but surely. Hopefully all of my snow crud and your snow crud will be gone soon.

Gabe1

Yep, sounds like the mess we got up here on Thursday. Ours is melting slowly but surely. Hopefully all of my snow crud and your snow crud will be gone soon.

It isn't going anywhere tonight but will be sunny in the morning and high of 40 by 10 am.

Then there is going to just be plenty of water everywhere 'cause it should melt fast with the sun. Poor little spring flowers.

Figgy1

Premium Member

I just can't imagine putting out the money they are going to put out (staying at a moderate resort with 3 kids and two of those fall into the adult price) and not be prepared. It's like don't they know I'm Disney obsessed! Don't they know us at all! I hope they have a good trip, but it would have been better if they had mentioned their trip 52 days ago.:rolleyes:
Been there done that got the guys shirts to prove it.:banghead:

Gabe1

You can still help them. We didn't have any problems getting them and at least Easter will over when they arrive. Plus the Florida AP holders are blocked out from April 13 till April 27th, everyone was saying how empty the parks were yesterday.

If they add you to their Friends and Family and text you the bucketlist of what they would like most you could probably get most of their FPs for them still.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
You can still help them. We didn't have any problems getting them and at least Easter will over when they arrive. Plus the Florida AP holders are blocked out from April 13 till April 27th, everyone was saying how empty the parks were yesterday.

If they add you to their Friends and Family and text you the bucketlist of what they would like most you could probably get most of their FPs for them still.

If they haven’t booked anything by Tuesday I’ll offer more help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom