The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

First off, not ONE SINGLE time did I “hate” on higher education in any of my posts.
Go back and actually read.
I actually had a member disagreeing with me at one point when I said you can’t do it the way I did it all those years ago, and people need the sheepskin these days.

As far as all the requirements to get an architectural license go, I’m very familiar with them even though I’m not a registered architect.

As I’ve also posted, I am more versatile than any one partner in the skills I have, due to the way I was able to learn over the years. It seems I was educated during a transition period which didn’t prevent me from getting where I did via only a college education. People can call it lucky or whatever, but, I haven’t been sitting on my laurels all these years, and have never not taken an oppotunity to learn new tech or skills to keep my game up.
The partners have told me to my face many times of my worth to the firm. They wouldn’t have come to me and hired me back after the recession if not. I have also been given 7 pay raises in the 6+ years I have been back at the firm.
I’m thinkin’ I’m not a mercy hire.

As I also posted, many plumbers, A/C techs, electricians, etc., are making tons of money without a bachelors degree in philosophy, or whatever. Just simple fact.

Besides my addressing your false statement about me hating on higher education in my first paragragh, what else exactly are we disagreeing about...?
I think thats the whole point. You have years of experience to back it up.
Young people do not have that.
Even normal ENTRY jobs demand EXPERIENCE, TITLE and maybe certifications for a meager minimum salary. New workers suffer not only by crushing debt, but also have to fight these insane hurdles.
Now add into the mix that a lot of modern big companies now do age brackets where they literally block entire areas of the population...

Thus..The expectations are way too high nowadays.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hello! Last night, I found out my friend had bipolar depression , do any of you have suggestions, to keep us being friends? I don’t want to lose her, as my friend, because of the this ☹
Not really any major advice but I'm proud you have an open mind and until it's managed she may be moody so expect the unexpected and don't take it personally

Figgy1

Premium Member
I’m thinking of getting. Ew patio furniture for the porch and I saw these while out this morning. They are comfortable and would be a good height for Kapono. What do you all think? I’m thinking either two chairs and one ottoman or a chair with ottoman and the love seat. They kind of remind me of something from the Polynesian.
View attachment 364081View attachment 364082View attachment 364083
Yeas and don't forget to get tiki torches and a few palm trees;)

donaldtoo

Even normal ENTRY jobs demand EXPERIENCE, TITLE and maybe certifications for a meager minimum salary. New workers suffer not only by crushing debt, but also have to fight these insane hurdles.
Now add into the mix that a lot of modern big companies now do age brackets where they literally block entire areas of the population...

Again, we’ll agree to agree...!!! ;):)

Songbird76

Not necessarily, and I've heard both sides of this argument down through the years. I pasted below a brief summary of what might cause the change in sky color, and it's not always predictive of a storm. Interesting read, though. (I put it there, becase Lord knows, I'm no scientist! Don't take my word for anything! ;) )

https://earthsky.org/earth/why-does-the-sky-change-color-before-a-tornado
No, it doesn't always change that color, BUT every time I have seen the sky turn that color, it has been followed by a tornado/funnel cloud. So there's definitely something to it.

Songbird76

@Songbird76 , I'd like to wish your husband a very Happy Birthday. (Even if he doesn't have cake today, the important thing is that he's with his family around him. That's a major gift right there.)
Thank you! We went and bought some cake, so we have something to celebrate with tomorrow when we go to his parents' house. We couldn't celebrate today because DD had her musical theater production and was gone the whole day. So we'll celebrate tomorrow and have cake then!

StarWarsGirl

I can't imagine paying for students loans and expenses. I'm really fortunate that my parents were willing to help with my education so I didn't have to take loans.

I loved in my recent job hunt where I would look for entry level positions and it would say "Requires 2-3 years experience". Entry level...

Songbird76

Weird weather today! When we went to DD's theater performance, the sun was shining and it really wasn't too bad. A light jacket was plenty. 2 hours later, it was snowing. And 2 hours after that, the sun was shining again.
No pictures of the theater production.....not allowed because they hired someone to take photos and make a video. They tell us that every year and then the pictures come out and there aren't any of DD. But, it was such a weird production!! It was based on a children's book about a girl who is sick and dies, and I think the whole thing is supposed to be a fever dream, but I'm not sure. It was hard to follow, and they kept making us move our chairs as they used different spaces as the stage...I couldn't see a thing for the entire production. Very strange. And they had a camera that was projecting images onto a screen, but the battery died, so there was nothing on the screen to give context. There was one part where Bear was supposed to be I guess sinking in quicksand, but we had no idea what was going on.

Aldi was open today! I don't know if they did the big grand re-opening, but there were people shopping there. They boarded up the broken windows and it seems that was the only damage....it looked fine otherwise. They demolished what was left of the ATM building and there was a big hole there. They filled it back up later in the day.

donaldtoo

I have to share this. I had a class this morning with one of my 4 year old students. She was on her 5th lesson in the program with me. At the end of the lesson, her mom told me not to leave the class. She told me they have a holiday in China right now (which I knew), and she said she wanted to show me the decorations around their restaurant. Her little girl showed me them and then they took me outside to see all the pretty lights. It was beautiful. That really warmed my heart. I am so glad I am doing this. :)

Very cool...!!!!! :happy: :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom