The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Marathon Day today . . . lots of spectators taking the day off from work or school, as well as tourists, will only add to the Monday morning commuting debacle into the city. I'll have to leave home even earlier than usual. :depressed:

Supposed to pour rain, too, and that's not good for the runners out in Hopkinton. Hopefully, it will let up a bit at some point during the race later on, so the runners don't have to get completely drenched for the entire 26.2 miles!

MySmallWorldof4

Just popping in to say good morning. I have the weekend to catch up on, but not til later. I have 4 classes this morning and maybe a nap. I volunteered this past weekend at the gymnastics meet that is held by my dd’s gym. It was insanely busy. It was held at our local high school and there were 800 girls registered. I worked the vending table Saturday and Sunday. 8 to 8 each day. My legs hurt from standing so long. We sold so much stuff. It was nuts. I had fun though and hope I can do vending next year as well.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Marathon Day today . . . lots of spectators taking the day off from work or school, as well as tourists, will only add to the Monday morning commuting debacle into the city. I'll have to leave home even earlier than usual. :depressed:

Supposed to pour rain, too, and that's not good for the runners out in Hopkinton. Hopefully, it will let up a bit at some point during the race later on, so the runners don't have to get completely drenched for the entire 26.2 miles!
Good luck with your commute today!

Songbird76

Speaking of sewing View attachment 364409Butterick 6626 and all other Butterick patterns are on sale today so I think I'm going to break down and buy it while running some errands today because I'll be in the neighborhood. I could draft the key hole and bow but for 1.99 I'll let them do the work;)
My MIL finished DD's dress for our Disney trip. We all worked on it together, cutting out the pattern and the fabric, but my MIL did most of the work.

It looks a bit weird because she's still wearing her jeans underneath it, and she's not standing up completely straight, but it's cute!! Pay no attention to my nephew in the background.

Figgy1

Premium Member
My MIL finished DD's dress for our Disney trip. We all worked on it together, cutting out the pattern and the fabric, but my MIL did most of the work.
View attachment 364783

It looks a bit weird because she's still wearing her jeans underneath it, and she's not standing up completely straight, but it's cute!! Pay no attention to my nephew in the background.
I love it, good work all of you!

Songbird76

So hubs just got back from visiting with some friends of ours at their child's birthday party. I wasn't feeling so hot so I didn't go, but I am feeling better now. We haven't really seen them in a couple months, because of different busy things going on and snow and cold and all that. But anyway, they told hubs tonight that they are going to WDW in about 8 days. He asked them which fast passes they got and they looked at him blankly. They haven't made any! They weren't aware that fast passes could be made 60 days in advance! I'm all mind boggled about. He doesn't think they have any dining reservations either, although that isn't that necessary especially with decent counter service and Flower & Garden. Apparently they thought the fass pass system was still paper and actually going to the attraction because that's how it was when they were there last.

I just can't imagine putting out the money they are going to put out (staying at a moderate resort with 3 kids and two of those fall into the adult price) and not be prepared. It's like don't they know I'm Disney obsessed! Don't they know us at all! I hope they have a good trip, but it would have been better if they had mentioned their trip 52 days ago.:rolleyes:
Well, I guess they know to ask you for their next trip? Yikes. I'm always boggled by people who don't do any research for their trip...not just Disney, but anywhere. Like....you know you want to go to a particular museum, but don't look up opening hours/days? Restaurants I can understand because it works differently in Disney than in almost any other place in the world, but if I am going somewhere, I want to look into things I should know. What are the must-dos, when are those things open, what should I avoid, etc. They can't have done any research whatsoever if they didn't come across anything about fast passes. I'm betting they also don't have the my Disney Experience App?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom