The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Yes, and she had a lot of health problems of her own. She seemed almost too stoic after she found that he had died in his sleep. That must have been pretty shocking and she also had a daughter with some very concerning relationship problems plus had a minor stroke I believe sometime during the previous year. She was very much a member of this community, and to have it just stop with no warning is very upsetting and not a good feel to it.
Well, maybe it's morbid, but I've looked a couple of times for obits in her area....her husband's is there, but not one for her....but remember she moved to a smaller home and was having trouble with internet, and her husband was her internet guy...it could be as simple as never having got it set up. I'm hopeful that she'll come back.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Did you know the Unofficial Guide also has a guide book for Universal? It just came out this past week and I've been using it. It says do NOT do the dining plan for table service, but the nice thing about the quick service is that you can buy it on the day and you don't have to get it for the length of your stay. You can show up to The Three Broomsticks, for example, and then when you go to pay, you can have the amount applied to the dining package. I think it said the quick service was like....22 bucks per day and if you get a combi meal, that's already like 18 bucks, so it CAN save you money if you do it right. It also said the Simpsons area has a lot of kid-friendly options. I'll look closer after dinner and I can PM you with the info.
Me too please. thnx

THE Monorail Lime

I always say tell your parents anything important. You don't want them thinking they can't trust you. The last thing you want is them coming up to you when your not expecting it and asking a million questions. Parents find out, they always do;) I was going to ask if you have Netflix because this is now on it even I want to see it.
I will tell them, I just don’t know how
Would your parents not approve of you having a girlfriend at your age, or would they not approve of her?
They would be fine with her, her parents “might” know she says, but I’m not mentally ready to tell them I’m in love with a girl in Alabama. Yes I love her a lot, but she told me to wait aswell, I’m thinking we might wait a few months, before telling them, they can’t exactly meet her, I just need advice from people who have been in a relationship.

Songbird76

I'm sorry I'm a little offended by your statement about Aldi is where you go when you can't afford a regular grocery store. I shop at Aldi (among other stores) primarily. But, I don't mind non brand name things. I also could afford to shop at more expensive stores, but why should I spend my money on the exact same item with a different label? I had a friend who worked at the Aldi headquarters and told me several of the products... for example, their soups are from Campbells. And you bet some of their cereals are from Kelloggs.

I can't always find everything I need there, but I'm usually left with less than 5 items to pick up somewhere else.

::steps off soapbox::
I'm sorry...I didn't mean to be offensive. And I have nothing against generic....I always buy whatever's cheapest. But Aldi here is different than the ones there. It has nothing to do with the food. Aldi here, the way it's set up is to save on operation costs. It's a tiny store about the size of the health and beauty section in walmart, and 1/3 of that is the seasonal/sale aisle for non-food items they get a deal on. And they don't have regular shelving units...everything stays in the box, so they don't have to have stockers. Their employees replenish the boxes when they aren't running the cash register. If you can't find something, you have to ask the cashier. Most of the time, there's only one register running, sometimes 2, and in the Christmas/New Years rush, I saw 3, but that's the ONLY time I've seen more than 2 lines. Everything is designed to cut costs. Fewer choices means fewer things to throw out because they didn't sell. They don't even keep cheese in the refrigerator section, so they have lower electricity costs. And generally, you find the Aldi store in one of the lower income neighborhoods, because the people can't afford to shop at "A list" stores. I don't mean it to be offensive....that's just the way it is. I buy yogurt there, because I like their carton better...it has an easy pour spout. But the majority of groceries I buy, I can not get there, besides milk, bread, and meat. For example, we had tacos tonight, but I can't get tortillas or taco seasoning at Aldi. But if I'm going to have to go to the big store to get everything else, I might as well just get EVERYTHING there, unless I need to go get fries or yogurt so I'm going to Aldi anyway. It has nothing to do with being a food snob....they just don't have what I buy because they are trying to keep their costs down. There are a few things that I won't buy generic of, because they taste way different...nacho cheese chips.....those have to be doritos, though plain tortilla chips it doesn't matter. And a few cereals, I just can't stomach the store brand. But, I don't eat most of that stuff anyway...that was just an example...most stores will offer both the brand name and the generic. Aldi only offers the generic. It's another way to keep the costs down, because the brand names cost more.

Songbird76

I haven’t shopped at Aldi in awhile, mostly because I forget that they take credit cards now. I like getting points for my groceries. But I liked their products, and I’m a big fan of buying generics. I personally think generic Mac and cheese tastes better than Kraft. I do think some name brands are better and wouldn’t buy generic, like Hellmann mayo and Heinz ketchup always taste better to me than any generic.

I am not surprised by your statement that Aldi’s Soups are from Campbell’s. When I worked at 3M, at one of the factories, we would run the product through and have the 3M printing on the product and box it up with the 3M logo for awhile. Then we turned off the printer and changed the labels that would go on the box and voila... generic products! Same as the “name” brand.

I also like saving money, maybe I should start shopping at Aldi again.
I agree completely with the mac and cheese. Moot point since I can't get it here anyway, but I prefer the generic. And I'm like you..I mostly buy generic brand of everything....whatever is on sale or is cheaper. Like, the juice we buy tastes the same as the brand name...I only buy brand name when it's BOGO and therefore cheaper than the generic. But Aldi doesn't carry the flavor we like. :( But there are a few things that just aren't the same when you buy generic. The texture is different, or it tastes....off? Most of it doesn't matter, but there are those few things that you just can't buy the store brand.

MySmallWorldof4

I will tell them, I just don’t know how

They would be fine with her, her parents “might” know she says, but I’m not mentally ready to tell them I’m in love with a girl in Alabama. Yes I love her a lot, but she told me to wait aswell, I’m thinking we might wait a few months, before telling them, they can’t exactly meet her, I just need advice from people who have been in a relationship.
Oh, so is this an internet type relationship? I think it is great that you found someone who likes you for who you are.

Songbird76

I was introduced to it years ago in Chicago..... a friend had to stop... back then I thought it was crazy that you had to bag your own groceries....also back then they didn't have the variety of food they have now.

I can say when we were a one income household, while we were waiting for hubbies disability to go thru, it was a lifesaver.

I have an Aldi, and a Save a Lot less than 2 miles from the house. Save a lot is similar, but they do occasionally carry a few name brand items at SAL, but I've compared the two, and I definitely save more at Aldi..... Savings for Disney!
Oh, you have to bag your own groceries, and bring your own bags, everywhere here. That's standard in the Netherlands. They actually banned plastic bags for everything except things like meat, that can soak through a paper bag and spread bacteria. I think they are still in the grace period, but have to make a switch by 2020 or something. Here, you have fold-up bags that fit in a purse. If you forget to bring one, you CAN buy a bag from the store, but they are phasing plastic bags out, so you have to buy a supershopper...not sure what it's made from, but it's more sturdy, but it adds up if you have to buy one every time, or if you have a lot of groceries and need multiple bags. I have a grocery bag on wheels so I don't have to carry bags with heavy things like milk jugs, etc.

21stamps

This is going to look messy, but I had to block for privacy. One small excerpt from a giant FB post.. a fellow school mom ranting.. I’m surprised at how many joined in.

Our school is cliquey, more so the parents than the kids..which in turn segregates the kids. T is athletic and friends with most.. but even he has been excluded from flag invites since he quit football. He would love to play.. I always tell him that we don’t have time, not that he didn’t get invited.

I understand keeping a team together/parent cliques together in the winter, but the problem people have is -don’t call it a school team with the school’s name on the jersey if you are excluding the majority of the grade.

The original post-

D17B7679-71CF-4647-9670-D1E475D2368B.jpeg

The following are other 3rd grade mom’s responding-

20B72754-9A97-4DBF-B01C-C7C8F9160FEB.jpegAAE282B5-8D5D-46A6-9B40-F9F95D257CD1.jpeg
022EBB95-114B-4C2D-AE76-A395EB8E473F.jpeg

Another one-
C2199CCD-1BEA-432E-AAF3-4A4EC36647B5.jpeg

Another fellow class mom’s response, and my response to her-

ABCB177A-662A-4484-9498-A03BCFE7ADE5.jpeg

D5760C91-5596-4187-9709-3B584BD4C930.jpeg

Another comment from me to another mom..

F21563BE-8700-4792-8ABD-10BD3038F9B3.jpeg

Another comment that really made me sad.. they’re thinking about leaving the school.

4EC07156-BD8C-4623-9A37-8C29BEA8387F.jpeg

I’m definitely one of the sports parents.. but not at that level.. and not to the point where I exclude other kids.. I invite every single 3rd grader to play on my winter teams. I had no idea that so many parents felt this way. I’m wondering if this mom’s post made anyone realize that what they’re doing is wrong.

Last edited:

Songbird76

View attachment 339144

My new reading nook!! This room has felt so empty and sad and useless since the divorce and now it's my favorite room again!
I love it! That chair looks SOOOO comfy! And I love your picture wall, too! Are you still fostering the dog, or is this a different one? You said it was just a temporary situation to test out the dog in a family situation, right? So you can better place dogs with a suitable family that matches their personality? He seems to have made himself home! Yay! Does this mean you get to keep him?

Songbird76

I was just out on the deck...here we go Dorthy!
Sympathy like. It's like that here, too. DS and I were lucky that the wind was behind us most of the way home from school. When I left work to go pick him up, I had to bike against the wind and there were a couple of moments where I thought I was going to have to walk it because I just wasn't getting anywhere.

Figgy1

Premium Member
This is going to look messy, but I had to block for privacy. One small excerpt from a giant FB post.. a fellow school mom ranting.. I’m surprised at how many joined in.

Our school is cliquey, more so the parents than the kids..which in turn segregates the kids. T is athletic and friends with most.. but even he has been excluded from flag invites since he quit football. He would love to play.. I always tell him that we don’t have time, not that he didn’t get invited.

I understand keeping a team together/parent cliques together in the winter, but the problem people have is -don’t call it a school team with the school’s name on the jersey if you are excluding the majority of the grade.

The original post-

View attachment 339544

The following are other 3rd grade mom’s responding-

View attachment 339553View attachment 339554
View attachment 339555

Another one-
View attachment 339558

Another fellow class mom’s response, and my response to her-

View attachment 339549

View attachment 339542

Another comment from me to another mom..

View attachment 339561

Another comment that really made me sad.. they’re thinking about leaving the school.

View attachment 339560

I’m definitely one of the sports parents.. but not at that level.. and not to the point where I exclude other kids.. I invite every single 3rd grader to play on my winter teams. I had no idea that so many parents felt this way. I’m wondering if this mom’s post made anyone realize that what they’re doing is wrong.
Yikes mean girl grown up into mean women, glad it's a minority

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom