The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

That’s the problem that people have with it. These kids are so young that they’ll segregate themselves any day now.. why would parents intentionally do that in K-3?

I like the parents of the kids who play on this team, sure I’d like T to be invited.. but I know that they really just try to keep the football team together, so I’m not offended. T hangs out with them at different times in their other sports... I understand the point of view from the frustrated moms though.

I’m sorry that you had a bad experience. Glad to hear your new school is better!
I love love love the new school, and all the parents. I think that's the thing about having kids with special needs...there's no one at this school looking down on you because your kid has Autism...because their kids do to, or they wouldn't be at this school. There's none of that elite mentality like at the old school. Everyone is accepting of everyone else...kids and parents alike. Instead of bullying the kid who has a meltdown, they either try to help, or give them space. They know that it might be them tomorrow. It's such a different environment...much less toxic. But I so understand what the moms at your school are going through. You just want your kids to be included like everyone else. But they obviously know that you aren't excluding anyone...that's a great compliment.

Figgy1

Premium Member
No, I was in college, it was the 90s, and yes, I took precautions. I made my 6'4" 400lb big brother bring me to the airport and stand with me, in case it wasn't who it was supposed to be, and of course it was a public place, etc. Obviously it worked out, but I don't think I'd dare do that in this day and age. That was before things like social media, etc.
It's much better meeting people with knives in hotels;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
I love love love the new school, and all the parents. I think that's the thing about having kids with special needs...there's no one at this school looking down on you because your kid has Autism...because their kids do to, or they wouldn't be at this school. There's none of that elite mentality like at the old school. Everyone is accepting of everyone else...kids and parents alike. Instead of bullying the kid who has a meltdown, they either try to help, or give them space. They know that it might be them tomorrow. It's such a different environment...much less toxic. But I so understand what the moms at your school are going through. You just want your kids to be included like everyone else. But they obviously know that you aren't excluding anyone...that's a great compliment.
I'm just relieved your ds is enjoying the new school, good parents a nice bonus:joyfull:

Songbird76

Okay, I’m just nevous the tell them that this girl (whom they have met), is now the love of my life. I’m not afraid of there reactions, it just this is my first GF, and I’ve already almost lost her once. I don’t want her feeling rushed, we’ve decided to wait a few months 😊
Does it have to be all or nothing? You can tell them you have a girlfriend without disclosing the depth of your feelings, right? They might already perceive there's something you are hiding, or that you have a crush at the least. My daughter is 12....she was having homework sessions with a boy in her class that she also plays fortnite with, and then she went to his birthday party and he's focused on her in every picture...sitting next to her, or looking at her...in one, she's sitting off to the side and he's got his back to everyone else, just talking to her. She says they aren't a couple, but even their teachers have teased them about being boyfriend girlfriend, and it's obvious that there's something there, at least on his end if not hers, even if they haven't made it official. Your parents might already see some signs that you are into this girl...telling them just the basic fact that she's your girlfriend will show them that you can be trusted to be honest with them, and that you will communicate with them. You don't have to tell them you are in love with her, but at least tell them you are talking to her.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom