The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Hope you and A had a nice New Years @dryerlintfan. May the new year bring you only joyful days.

A and I had a pretty good new years! I've been purging the house (before it was cool, LOL) and managed to get a few rooms redone. Thinking about the way we use space has been really cool. For example, in the library/living room we had a couch, a coffee table, and a chair that we lost in the divorce. We never used them though. The couch was under the window so it was drafty and cold, and there was no topper on the coffee table that you could really put anything on. So instead of replacing the furniture one for one, I bought an oversized chair and ottoman from FB marketplace and made a cozy reading corner. I'll get on my phone and post a picture. I've been doing this from room to room and now I have half of the house done. So when I walk into half of my rooms, it makes me smile just to be in that space.

How was your new years?

21stamps

Received this email last night, here’s two highlights-

s. Also, you will notice that we have eliminated the early Sunday morning training hour. Last year, membership provided feedback that they did not like those hours. In response to that feedback, we have allocated those hours so that all training sessions are Monday-Thursday during the evening hours.

I truly believe that Winter Training is one of the best things that we do. While other clubs are sitting idle, or playing walled indoor soccer, our teams are training to improve their tactical understanding through technical repetition and decision making.

——

I applied bold print to my favorite part. 🙄. The club does not want it’s players to play boarded soccer. I Don’t Care.lol. I love it, my kid loves it, it’s something different, and he’s going to continue to play boarded thru adulthood hopefully. :)

Now on to the ridiculousness of the professionalization of youth sports :hilarious:

As many of you know this is our final year of our uniforms. Over the next couple of months, we will be finalizing our kits with Nike for the 2019-2021 uniform cycle.

—-

T’s 3 pair of shorts are snagged, one of his 4 jerseys has a small rip in it, and 2 are too short. I don’t care about that either. I’m not buying new ones just for Spring.
There’s no need to change kits every 2 years.

21stamps

Well you know yourself best. I just don’t see it. Cut out your gluten. That will help with weight loss. I know you work late, but try not to eat after 7. Some say that carbs are the enemy, but I eat tons of carbs and don’t gain weight. I don’t do bread unless it’s Ezekiel, only lentil pasta, or the brand Solare which makes pasta from brown rice and veggies. I eat sweet potatoes, regular potatoes with the skin, beans, quinoa, etc. it is how the food is prepared that matters too. I bake my homemade falafel and bean burgers. No dairy either. I will take 1 day a week and try to prepare most of the food for the week. Yes, it is a plant based diet, and it has kept my weight in check. Oh for bfast I eat oatmeal made with 1/2 cup steel cut oats, frozen berries, chia seeds, hemp seeds, a little black strap molasses, and spices like cinnamon and allspice. There is 22 grams of protein in that. Sorry for the long post.

I need to start meal prep. I’m not burning enough calories now.. and although what I keep at home is healthy, I eat out/takeout way too often these days.

I just bought an old school planner.. going to fill it out tonight and figure out where I can fit in working out and meal prep.

Thanks for the tips!

Good grief, if that's overweight, there's no hope for the rest of us! :jawdrop: You look average weight to me.

Average doesn’t help me fit in my clothes 🤣

The inside of that church is exactly like the one that I grew up with in way upstate NY. I guess they had a standard blue print. The columns, the alter, the pipe organ and choir loft was exactly like that. Decorations were much more subtle in my day, but, other then that, exactly the same.

I’m not sure if it was the 80s or 90s when the new church designs started.. but now they’re large and circular and a lot of wood, little stained glass. Our church freaks me out a little because there’s cameras everywhere.lol

21stamps

I just booked a family suite for 4 nights at Cabana Bay. I am waiting now for the rv company to get back to me. I said we were shortening our Disney stay. I figured we would do Uni first, then Disney. Plan is May 17-21 at Uni and 21-25 at Disney.

How exciting! I’m so torn over what to do here.

Your trip is everything that T has been asking for.lol

Goofyernmost

I’m not sure if it was the 80s or 90s when the new church designs started.. but now they’re large and circular and a lot of wood, little stained glass. Our church freaks me out a little because there’s cameras everywhere.lol
Mostly the late 80's if I recall. Most of the "just regular" church's looked like the one you showed and I remembered. There are some minor changes from church to church, but, the standard design was more cathedral like then community church. I understand why, financially, they had to simplify design. Those turn of the century and before places would be out of reach now. Back in those days, the skills bought their way to heaven by volunteering their services along with the go-fir trades to keep the labor charges lower, but, it took decades to build them.

The Raleigh Diocese just built a Cathedral that was finished the middle of last year. They were building that for at least 8 years. Nice, but, that much money could have been put to better use.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I need to start meal prep. I’m not burning enough calories now.. and although what I keep at home is healthy, I eat out/takeout way too often these days.

I just bought an old school planner.. going to fill it out tonight and figure out where I can fit in working out and meal prep.

Thanks for the tips!

Average doesn’t help me fit in my clothes 🤣

Meal planning is a great start, but I'm busy like you and I'll give you a tip that isn't meal planning.... Make a couple larger meals that you know you'll enjoy, portion them off, and freeze them. I meal plan, but my meal plan doesn't always go TO plan. So yesterday we were supposed to have stir fry and I'd have the leftovers today for lunch. But we got busy and had errands and ended up eating Wendy's for dinner. So today for my lunch I grabbed a pack of lentil lasagna from the freezer for my lunch. So even though I didn't have leftovers for lunch, I have a healthy meal that I don't have to spend $10 on like I would if I said eff it and bought lunch at the cafe.

Figgy1

Premium Member
View attachment 339144

My new reading nook!! This room has felt so empty and sad and useless since the divorce and now it's my favorite room again!
That looks great! We ditched the big couch for a comfy love seat a couple of recliners and a rocker. That way if we need room for some reason it's easy to take a piece out and it's easier to move furniture for cleaning;)

MySmallWorldof4

Received this email last night, here’s two highlights-

s. Also, you will notice that we have eliminated the early Sunday morning training hour. Last year, membership provided feedback that they did not like those hours. In response to that feedback, we have allocated those hours so that all training sessions are Monday-Thursday during the evening hours.

I truly believe that Winter Training is one of the best things that we do. While other clubs are sitting idle, or playing walled indoor soccer, our teams are training to improve their tactical understanding through technical repetition and decision making.

——

I applied bold print to my favorite part. 🙄. The club does not want it’s players to play boarded soccer. I Don’t Care.lol. I love it, my kid loves it, it’s something different, and he’s going to continue to play boarded thru adulthood hopefully. :)

Now on to the ridiculousness of the professionalization of youth sports :hilarious:

As many of you know this is our final year of our uniforms. Over the next couple of months, we will be finalizing our kits with Nike for the 2019-2021 uniform cycle.

—-

T’s 3 pair of shorts are snagged, one of his 4 jerseys has a small rip in it, and 2 are too short. I don’t care about that either. I’m not buying new ones just for Spring.
There’s no need to change kits every 2 years.
Well, at least there are no more Sunday morning practices. Two years is too often for expensive uniforms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom