The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

We have plenty of snobby women in our school.. but it’s the crazy sports dads who do this the worst.
That's really sad. It's the kids who lose out in the end. And it's such a bad lesson to teach the kids!! We dealt with that somewhat at the old school before we switched...not so much with sports, though the snobby parents WERE the ones with the boys who played soccer on the first string team. But it was more just that overall attitude of superiority. I would go into detail, but it would be considered political, so I won't.

Songbird76

You also weren't still in high school and I'm sure you took proper precautions
No, I was in college, it was the 90s, and yes, I took precautions. I made my 6'4" 400lb big brother bring me to the airport and stand with me, in case it wasn't who it was supposed to be, and of course it was a public place, etc. Obviously it worked out, but I don't think I'd dare do that in this day and age. That was before things like social media, etc.

Songbird76

This COULD be my wife, I’m talking about here, I really want to marry her but we’re to young, she feels the same and I’m happy about that. ☺️
That's great....I'm glad you are happy. But I'm glad to know it's someone you have actually seen, and met,...not just someone who could be anyone. We moms tend to worry about things like safety on the internet....even when it's not our own kids.
What makes you so nervous to tell your parents? Are you afraid of their reactions? or is it more yourself and how you will come across? Have your parents ever talked to you about relationships?

THE Monorail Lime

That's great....I'm glad you are happy. But I'm glad to know it's someone you have actually seen, and met,...not just someone who could be anyone. We moms tend to worry about things like safety on the internet....even when it's not our own kids.
What makes you so nervous to tell your parents? Are you afraid of their reactions? or is it more yourself and how you will come across? Have your parents ever talked to you about relationships?
Okay, I’m just nevous the tell them that this girl (whom they have met), is now the love of my life. I’m not afraid of there reactions, it just this is my first GF, and I’ve already almost lost her once. I don’t want her feeling rushed, we’ve decided to wait a few months 😊

21stamps

That's really sad. It's the kids who lose out in the end. And it's such a bad lesson to teach the kids!! We dealt with that somewhat at the old school before we switched...not so much with sports, though the snobby parents WERE the ones with the boys who played soccer on the first string team. But it was more just that overall attitude of superiority. I would go into detail, but it would be considered political, so I won't.

That’s the problem that people have with it. These kids are so young that they’ll segregate themselves any day now.. why would parents intentionally do that in K-3?

I like the parents of the kids who play on this team, sure I’d like T to be invited.. but I know that they really just try to keep the football team together, so I’m not offended. T hangs out with them at different times in their other sports... I understand the point of view from the frustrated moms though.

I’m sorry that you had a bad experience. Glad to hear your new school is better!

MySmallWorldof4

I know that the original Business philosophy of those store having lounging areas was to encourage people to come in and look for books to buy in a very casual atmosphere, but, so many people don't buy anything, they go in an spend hours reading books with no need to buy. That doesn't pay the bills. They would have been far better off to discount the prices to make them more affordable and actually sell some of them. Amazon is, of course, big in Kindle, but, mostly because you can buy actual books cheaper as well. I realize that they are able to do that more easily and profitably because they are not trying to pay for huge stores that are mostly a substitute for a homeless shelter. Cut down the over head, sell fewer weird titles, (leave that for public library's) reduce the prices and more and more will survive. We live in a society of instant gratification requirements. Take advantage of that and compete against a group that requires a delay in shipment, shipping costs and more.
Very good points. I remember when B&N went to more of a library in layout. People would just sit in chairs reading the magazines in books. Why would anyone need to buy them?

21stamps

Okay, I’m just nevous the tell them that this girl (whom they have met), is now the love of my life. I’m not afraid of there reactions, it just this is my first GF, and I’ve already almost lost her once. I don’t want her feeling rushed, we’ve decided to wait a few months 😊

Glad to see you happy! Do your parents have an app where they can read your texts? They might already know. I’d casually mention that you’re in contact with her. :)

MySmallWorldof4

Did you know the Unofficial Guide also has a guide book for Universal? It just came out this past week and I've been using it. It says do NOT do the dining plan for table service, but the nice thing about the quick service is that you can buy it on the day and you don't have to get it for the length of your stay. You can show up to The Three Broomsticks, for example, and then when you go to pay, you can have the amount applied to the dining package. I think it said the quick service was like....22 bucks per day and if you get a combi meal, that's already like 18 bucks, so it CAN save you money if you do it right. It also said the Simpsons area has a lot of kid-friendly options. I'll look closer after dinner and I can PM you with the info.
Ok. Sounds like a plan. :)

MySmallWorldof4

Well, maybe it's morbid, but I've looked a couple of times for obits in her area....her husband's is there, but not one for her....but remember she moved to a smaller home and was having trouble with internet, and her husband was her internet guy...it could be as simple as never having got it set up. I'm hopeful that she'll come back.
Not morbid. I had considered it. Just forgot her last name.

THE Monorail Lime

That is very sweet. Did you like her prior to her texting you?
Yes, I’ve liked her for almost a year, never had the guts to say it, too almost loseing her and her telling me, to say it 😊
Glad to see you happy! Do your parents have an app where they can read your texts? They might already know. I’d casually mention that you’re in contact with her. :)
They Might Know TBH, they know I’m in contact with her, they’ve know since we met

MySmallWorldof4

I will tell them, I just don’t know how

They would be fine with her, her parents “might” know she says, but I’m not mentally ready to tell them I’m in love with a girl in Alabama. Yes I love her a lot, but she told me to wait aswell, I’m thinking we might wait a few months, before telling them, they can’t exactly meet her, I just need advice from people who have been in a relationship.
You could just say, my friend so and so moved to Alabama in December. She texted me the other day. She told me she misses Florida. Then they might ask questions about her. Bring her up everyday. They will get an idea that you like her then if you don’t want to come out and say it. Or you could say that this girl you liked just moved to Alabama and guess what? She texted me the other day!!

THE Monorail Lime

You could just say, my friend so and so moved to Alabama in December. She texted me the other day. She told me she misses Florida. Then they might ask questions about her. Bring her up everyday. They will get an idea that you like her then if you don’t want to come out and say it. Or you could say that this girl you liked just moved to Alabama and guess what? She texted me the other day!!
Uh, don’t have the guts to do that, and like I said she’s not ready for me to tell them

MySmallWorldof4

This is going to look messy, but I had to block for privacy. One small excerpt from a giant FB post.. a fellow school mom ranting.. I’m surprised at how many joined in.

Our school is cliquey, more so the parents than the kids..which in turn segregates the kids. T is athletic and friends with most.. but even he has been excluded from flag invites since he quit football. He would love to play.. I always tell him that we don’t have time, not that he didn’t get invited.

I understand keeping a team together/parent cliques together in the winter, but the problem people have is -don’t call it a school team with the school’s name on the jersey if you are excluding the majority of the grade.

The original post-

View attachment 339544

The following are other 3rd grade mom’s responding-

View attachment 339553View attachment 339554
View attachment 339555

Another one-
View attachment 339558

Another fellow class mom’s response, and my response to her-

View attachment 339549

View attachment 339542

Another comment from me to another mom..

View attachment 339561

Another comment that really made me sad.. they’re thinking about leaving the school.

View attachment 339560

I’m definitely one of the sports parents.. but not at that level.. and not to the point where I exclude other kids.. I invite every single 3rd grader to play on my winter teams. I had no idea that so many parents felt this way. I’m wondering if this mom’s post made anyone realize that what they’re doing is wrong.
Wow! Drama is everywhere. Parents are way too competitive with their kids. Sad when even a parent feels they don’t fit in a school. Guess the cliquey parents don’t follow “Do unto others....”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom