The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I have enjoyed today watching the Fuji - Blue Dress - Water Women in all the photos. Far more entertaining, minus Carol Burnett, she was wonderful and always a classy woman. Shows me how Comedy can be done well.

Fiji-Water-girl-Golden-Globes-2019-1068268.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My BBF is a The Director of Nursing at one of the Best Hospitals in Illinois in Chicago. If they are plucking the best of Nurses from the top nursing colleges with BA's they likely don't have a lot to worry about as they have to graduate and past their certification tests. Sometimes people need to make others look bad to make themselves feel superior, likely what your hearing the elder professionals gossiping about. If it is a teaching hospital...figure it out yourself isn't likely part of the boards policy or goals.

If they are not hiring the cream of Nursing candidates then it is a HR hiring problem for not vetting their grades, clinicals etc., and poor hiring practices start at the top. My friend who has her doctoral in nursing is often frustrated over the old and old school doc's and support staff that find any little thing they can to pick at with her new nurses, easy targets, these young'ns have been trained with the latest equipment and most current best practices. I'm not overly proud of my generation needing to find fault with the millennial generation and it is only going to get worse as our country keeps raising the retirement age. I'm on the very tail end of the Baby Boomers, the anti-establishment generation and the generation that never found a debt they didn't like. My folks generation had quite a bit to say about the Hippy Generation too.

Wow. The hospital I work at is one of the top in the country. First of all, the nurses have degrees, many with master's or higher. Many also have advanced certifications, and this is encouraged by management. The bar is set very high there. All that education is a wonderful thing and embraced across the board.

As for your comment about hearing elder professionals "gossiping" about (some) of the younger ones, their concern was genuine and not a slam. and certainly not idle gossip. The point was that (some) of the nurses needed more experience to realize that solutions don't always come about quickly (as in an Instagram style format -- not the greatest example to use here, but in a general gist). A deeper dive and more analytical skills and time is what makes a better clinician. This is learned over time.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hahaaa...!!!!! :hilarious:
Yep, the ‘03 Chevy Malibu I’m currently driving is the first vehicle I’ve ever owned with a key fob...just call me Autotech Man...!!!!! :happy:;)

HA! I hate those things. We had issues with ours (2007 car). When we used it, the alarm would stay on, etc. Kinda frustrating--we ended up just using the key in the lock to open & close the doors. Problem solved. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom