The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Aldi here is a discount store that doesn't sell anything name brand or high end. I don't buy much from Aldi because they just don't have the selection. For example, no pepsi products at all. No international food section, not many brand name things like doritos, kellogs, etc. Aldi is where you go if you can't afford a regular grocery store. The only things I buy there are my yogurt and french fries, because that's the only brand of fries DS will eat. They also used to have the only chicken nuggets he would eat, but they discontinued them and no longer sell chicken nuggets at all.
Asian markets can sometimes carry some international foods, but produce is not usually one of the things they carry. That's where you go for bulk spices and herbs like if you want 50 garlic bulbs, or a kilogram of....poppy seeds or lentils, or cumin seeds. And smaller towns don't always have a Toko (Asian market). Technically, my town does HAVE one, but it is just a tiny shop where one half has tables and serves food, the other half is a market....which is about a quarter of an an aisle long and one freezer and one fridge. You can get different kinds of rice there, and Asian noodles, and some spices, and that's about it.
There is a larger one in Arnhem that I used to go to a lot....they had quite a bit more, but even there, produce wasn't a "thing". That's where you'd go if you wanted to make lumpias...spring roll wrappers, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, prawns...and Asian candy. You can get fresh ginger at an Asian market, and garlic up the wazoo, but you won't find many fresh veggies beyond cabbage, peppers, etc.
It's a discount store here but they have a growing selection of fresh and frozen organic produce and some good prices on seasonal produce. They're also good for certain pantry items organic quinoa and brown rice. They've also got the best price on organic canned beans. Sorry about your produce situation

MySmallWorldof4

It's a discount store here but they have a growing selection of fresh and frozen organic produce and some good prices on seasonal produce. They're also good for certain pantry items organic quinoa and brown rice. They've also got the best price on organic canned beans. Sorry about your produce situation
Our Walmart now sells organic beans. They sell so much organic that I don’t have to go to the supermarket as much. I still have yet to go into our Aldi. I really like the gas points I get from the supermarket and they are basically across the road from each other. So that is a driver for me going to the supermarket as opposed to Aldi.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
What are you specifically looking for? It looks like the Cruise Terminal is pretty close to the train station, which makes sense since the train station is close to the water and that's where all the boat tours start/finish.
It also depends on what kind of transportation you are wanting to use. Walking or biking you can go where cars and buses can't, and you aren't relying on bus schedules. But, public transportation is a huge thing here, so you can get just about anywhere you need to go and buses/trams go regularly. Google maps says you can walk it in 30 minutes, but I'd add about 30% to that....they are assuming you are practically running.
Thanks. It's one of the ports on our cruise and we are just trying to figure if we do an excursion or just wing it.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Aldi in the UK seems very much like Europe. All cheap items.

MySmallWorldof4

I need help with places to eat in the parks at Uni and Citywalk @figmentfan423. I plan on booking us at Cabana Bay. I don’t think we will want many table services. Maybe 1 or 2. Every other meal we would do counter service. It will be for 4 days. I need kid menus that have pizza, chicken, pasta, grilled cheese, or mozzarella sticks.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Our Walmart now sells organic beans. They sell so much organic that I don’t have to go to the supermarket as much. I still have yet to go into our Aldi. I really like the gas points I get from the supermarket and they are basically across the road from each other. So that is a driver for me going to the supermarket as opposed to Aldi.
25 cents a can times x cases;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
I need help with places to eat in the parks at Uni and Citywalk @figmentfan423. I plan on booking us at Cabana Bay. I don’t think we will want many table services. Maybe 1 or 2. Every other meal we would do counter service. It will be for 4 days. I need kid menus that have pizza, chicken, pasta, grilled cheese, or mozzarella sticks.
Quick service at UNI STINKS!!!!! except for the 2 Potter locations and Thunder Falls Terrace. The good news is Mythos and Lombardi's sit downs in the parks aren't much more expensive than qs and both have gf/vegan options:hungry::joyfull: In Citywalk we did Margaritaville with the burping volcano and Antojitos with table side guacamole and we were happy with both. Both had gf/vegan options plural:hungry::inlove:. There's a pizza place in Citywalk, a sandwich place and BK. Portofino has a deli/pizza place. Cabana Bay has a diner and Royal Pacific has an Asian inspired place that has a few gf/vegan options. The guys went to NBC one day for some type of sandwiches:rolleyes: You can check touring plans for current menus and prices. In general food at sit downs is CHEAPER than Disney, qs runs about the same. DO NOT and I mean DO NOT even think about the dining plan at UNI. For Disney I say run the numbers but just and you have to carry separate tickets to use it. @MySmallWorldof4 and @Songbird76 my UNI part of the TR starts on page 22 https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/i-took-one-for-the-team.917693/page-22

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have zero doubt that analysis is happening more than it ever has just not in the manner we read or compiled for the vast majority of our professional careers. I am watching and listening to my DD as she writes programs that will compile data for analysis and configuration and that could be present in so many ways as in a text of a graph she has created with years of data and research. As an example, a graph could be the conclusion, quick but detailed. I've seen many a graph in my day however what she is programming is beyond what I could have imagined, loaded with interactive additional data analysis. Being able to be on a beach, cruise or WDW and kept current in moments. It will take time for institutions to accept we all realize that. First it was memo's and hard copy reports, then computers with download attachments via email. Less cumbersome ways are fascinating. My DD's bosses boss who is in his Mid 30's keeps pulling her for projects that have to do with her Grad School so he can utilize her and in return she is building a new resume for when she finishes Grad School at the end of the year.

This year while we were at Disney we were getting PUSH NOTIFICATIONS, we see you are near LeCellier, openings at 4:15, 6 pm for your current party of 5 or Welcome to Main Street the Emporium is now open and Casey's is at the end of Main Street. And data plucked isn't from MB or Media admission card. This is the kinda stuff my DD has learned to program and compile the first half of Grad School, helps she already had a mathematics and statistics degrees. The end result of that program will be how many guests took the marketing bait, what age demographic they were, if they checked out other stores or restaurants after the PUSH Notification. All of that info compiles into an analyses just quicker, a broader sampling that leaves less margin of error or incorrect data being submitted. Now few would read every step of the data mining but they will likely read the configured data results on a interactive graph. Machine Learning is sooo cool. And yet creepity.

Yupper, positives and negatives about newer modes of communication. You made a good example about your DD. Where I was coming from on this topic, was from a conversation I heard between some of the doctors and management-level nurses, regarding (some) of the younger nurses seeming to lack a balance of analytical skills, and thinking everything was white or black (based upon a few data points).

They also appeared less willing to search on their own, for the dots to connect the puzzle. Because they grew up in an instant news, etc., electronic world, some assume many things are like that, too. I wish you had heard the conversation--the medical team was very concerned.

MySmallWorldof4

Quick service at UNI STINKS!!!!! except for the 2 Potter locations and Thunder Falls Terrace. The good news is Mythos and Lombardi's sit downs in the parks aren't much more expensive than qs and both have gf/vegan options:hungry::joyfull: In Citywalk we did Margaritaville with the burping volcano and Antojitos with table side guacamole and we were happy with both. Both had gf/vegan options plural:hungry::inlove:. There's a pizza place in Citywalk, a sandwich place and BK. Portofino has a deli/pizza place. Cabana Bay has a diner and Royal Pacific has an Asian inspired place that has a few gf/vegan options. The guys went to NBC one day for some type of sandwiches:rolleyes: You can check touring plans for current menus and prices. In general food at sit downs is CHEAPER than Disney, qs runs about the same. DO NOT and I mean DO NOT even think about the dining plan at UNI. For Disney I say run the numbers but just and you have to carry separate tickets to use it. @MySmallWorldof4 and @Songbird76 my UNI part of the TR starts on page 22 https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/i-took-one-for-the-team.917693/page-22
Thank you!!!!

21stamps

Good luck!!!

We got crushed. I stopped counting once they were up by 8 🤣🤣

We did get 3 goals.. and once I realized there was 0 hope of catching up, I let all of the boys choose where to play. One boy who has never played before this season, he asked to play goal keeper.. he’s not coming for Winter 2, so I let him. He loved it.. even if he kept getting scored on. 😂

Oh well. On to Winter 2!

Goofyernmost

I know that Betty Roses’s husband passed suddenly a few months after their cruise.
Yes, and she had a lot of health problems of her own. She seemed almost too stoic after she found that he had died in his sleep. That must have been pretty shocking and she also had a daughter with some very concerning relationship problems plus had a minor stroke I believe sometime during the previous year. She was very much a member of this community, and to have it just stop with no warning is very upsetting and not a good feel to it.

Figgy1

Premium Member
We got crushed. I stopped counting once they were up by 8 🤣🤣

We did get 3 goals.. and once I realized there was 0 hope of catching up, I let all of the boys choose where to play. One boy who has never played before this season, he asked to play goal keeper.. he’s not coming for Winter 2, so I let him. He loved it.. even if he kept getting scored on. 😂

Oh well. On to Winter 2!
The like is because it sounds like they had fun:joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yes, and she had a lot of health problems of her own. She seemed almost too stoic after she found that he had died in his sleep. That must have been pretty shocking and she also had a daughter with some very concerning relationship problems plus had a minor stroke I believe sometime during the previous year. She was very much a member of this community, and to have it just stop with no warning is very upsetting and not a good feel to it.
To be fair while she was moving she said it may be a long while before she would be able to get back on a computer. I just hope she's happy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom