The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Beautiful regarding both of your posts...!!!!! :happy: :)

Roman Catholic here too. Went to 5p mass tonight at our very modern church...nativity still up...

A81418D4-D3E0-459D-B708-D0F3BA764CFC.jpeg

The Catholic Church in my mother’s hometown is listed as one of the historic Texas “Painted Churches”, and is gorgeous!
Reminds me of the one you posted pics of!
My firm was instrumental in an historic refurbishment of said church about 15 years ago. Not going to post pics of it here, but, you can Google Shiner, Texas Catholic Church Images...! :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We’re Roman Catholic and belong to a Roman Catholic Church.. However, our parish church is very new and very modern.. pretty, but modern minimalist circular style.

We were in another part of town tonight, attended mass at a church that was built in the 1800s. We stayed afterwards to take photos.
Absolutely Grogeous!

View attachment 339060View attachment 339061View attachment 339062View attachment 339063View attachment 339064View attachment 339065View attachment 339069View attachment 339070View attachment 339071

That church is gorgeous with all the Christmas decorations. It would probably be gorgeous without them too.

Rista1313

Aldi here is a discount store that doesn't sell anything name brand or high end. I don't buy much from Aldi because they just don't have the selection. For example, no pepsi products at all. No international food section, not many brand name things like doritos, kellogs, etc. Aldi is where you go if you can't afford a regular grocery store. .

I'm sorry I'm a little offended by your statement about Aldi is where you go when you can't afford a regular grocery store. I shop at Aldi (among other stores) primarily. But, I don't mind non brand name things. I also could afford to shop at more expensive stores, but why should I spend my money on the exact same item with a different label? I had a friend who worked at the Aldi headquarters and told me several of the products... for example, their soups are from Campbells. And you bet some of their cereals are from Kelloggs.

I can't always find everything I need there, but I'm usually left with less than 5 items to pick up somewhere else.

::steps off soapbox::

21stamps

Beautiful regarding both of your posts...!!!!! :happy::)

Roman Catholic here too. Went to 5p mass tonight at our very modern church...nativity still up...

View attachment 339081

The Catholic Church in my mother’s hometown is listed as one of the historic Texas “Painted Churches”, and is gorgeous!
Reminds me of the one you posted pics of!
My firm was instrumental in an historic refurbishment of said church about 15 years ago. Not going to post pics of it here, but, you can Google Shiner, Texas Catholic Church Images...! :)

Oh that sounds pretty! I will definitely look it up!

That church is gorgeous with all the Christmas decorations. It would probably be gorgeous without them too.

It is! We’ve been there before. T thinks the church is beautiful, but isn’t a huge fan of the mass because there is no music whatsoever, on Sunday nights. He was sad tonight, last weekend for Christmas songs, and he wanted to hear “oh come all the faithful” one last time. He sings it loudly in church.

The cathedral in downtown Cincinnati has a Latin mass that he wants to attend. We’ll make it there someday. The cathedral is so beautiful, but I’ve never seen it at Christmastime.
Our parish recently started offering a mass in Spanish which I thought was really neat.

donaldtoo

I don't text. I read email a few times a day if at home. When I'm at work, I'm hammered with emails all day long.

I have a personal email, but, only immediate family (DWifey and kiddos) have it, and we all text each other...we have a “familia” text line that goes on for about 27 miles...!!!!! :hilarious:
I can’t remember the last time I even had a personal email sent to me... :cyclops:
As far as my work email goes, it’s very active business-wise...mostly sending sketch/CAD PDFs to the partners for approval before they forward them on to clients...!!! :)
I try to keep it all as simple-minded as I am...!!! ;) :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm sorry I'm a little offended by your statement about Aldi is where you go when you can't afford a regular grocery store. I shop at Aldi (among other stores) primarily. But, I don't mind non brand name things. I also could afford to shop at more expensive stores, but why should I spend my money on the exact same item with a different label? I had a friend who worked at the Aldi headquarters and told me several of the products... for example, their soups are from Campbells. And you bet some of their cereals are from Kelloggs.

I can't always find everything I need there, but I'm usually left with less than 5 items to pick up somewhere else.

::steps off soapbox::

I haven’t shopped at Aldi in awhile, mostly because I forget that they take credit cards now. I like getting points for my groceries. But I liked their products, and I’m a big fan of buying generics. I personally think generic Mac and cheese tastes better than Kraft. I do think some name brands are better and wouldn’t buy generic, like Hellmann mayo and Heinz ketchup always taste better to me than any generic.

I am not surprised by your statement that Aldi’s Soups are from Campbell’s. When I worked at 3M, at one of the factories, we would run the product through and have the 3M printing on the product and box it up with the 3M logo for awhile. Then we turned off the printer and changed the labels that would go on the box and voila... generic products! Same as the “name” brand.

I also like saving money, maybe I should start shopping at Aldi again.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Realistically, if someone is on these discussion board on a regular basis and disappears with no word. It is usually not a happy ending. The two of them just disappeared with no real reason that we know of. I know that if I all of a sudden just disappeared from the boards, it would be something serious. I'm not talking about just a couple of weeks, but, when it stretches into months, I am of the opinion that something very bad has happen and either we have lost them forever or they have had some thing happen that has made it impossible to communicate. Both had major problems happening just before they disappeared and as much as I'd like to think they are just taking a break, life's experience tells me that this will not be the case. Keep our fingers crossed, I guess... but, the outlook isn't particularly good.

Bets well I keep my eye out for her to magically appear in the parks or her DD. I’ve overlapped a few of DD trips this year. In my heart I want her to be OK but she was pretty upset when she was moved into the 600 sq ft apartment and her stuff had to go. Her Contributing membership here (a year one) ended and hasn't been renewed since. I just went and looked at FB, not a word from Bets. I do miss her. A kind woman.

Gabe1

I saw one at a store right before Christmas:rolleyes:

We have a lot of fun with Alexia. That said a good cyber friend of mine and a moderator of a forum I played on that is now defunct told me yesterday that he got an Alexia for Christmas. He had fallen asleep watching TV and there was talk of Alexia while he was asleep and Alexia awakened hearing her name. That woke him up-startled him. Alexia isn't a quite cylinder friend just because it is nightime. This morning he reprogrammed her name so hopefully that won't happen again. Oddly when Alexia came to live with me she did call out a few times during the night, she hasn't done that in a while or I learned to sleep through it.

Gabe1

I'm not a fan of denim jackets, never was but the one you posted looked cute.

I have several but they must be soft. I'm short. Long coats and sweaters are not a good look for me. I bought one last year that is so cute that has laces layered on the bottom. I love it.
It goes well over some of my summer dresses and I like that it cuts at the waist vs over the bum.

Gabe1

I am now in the process of changing our May trip. Trying to make it a combo trip with Uni and Disney. Does anyone know if you can upgrade Uni park tickets to AP’s? They have the buy 2 days, get 2 days free. The better AP has 6 months free for $500. The park to park is $275 for 4 days. The plan would be 4 days at Disney and 4 at Uni with Volcano Bay.

Those kids are going to love Volcano. Disney is going to have sink some money into their waterparks, they are obsolete and failing by comparison to Volcano and other parks or cruise ships.

Gabe1

The boys afternoon viewing memories of a 24 hour day

Let me tell ya, Disney's first Leap Year 24 hour event was a unique thing. My DS closed the park at like 6am with his friends, went to Perkins for Breakfast (as Disney never really gave thought to any food for guests and everything thing closed late evening but guests stayed until dawn) He was to be at work at 8am. That was one overly tired group of CMs overall as the sun rose that morning. Me, it is one of my more cherished zipper hoodies.

MySmallWorldof4

I’m know that I’m not obese.., but I am fat for me. Honestly I weigh the same as I did when I was 8 months pregnant. I’ve never been this out of shape in my life.. I fluctuate 5-8lbs up and down, often.. but 20 in just over a year is definitely a first (outside of pregnancy). It’s my fault.. I’ve pretty much stopped working out and running altogether.. there’s never time. I need to make time.. I refuse to give in to this. That pic is a definite wake up call.
Well you know yourself best. I just don’t see it. Cut out your gluten. That will help with weight loss. I know you work late, but try not to eat after 7. Some say that carbs are the enemy, but I eat tons of carbs and don’t gain weight. I don’t do bread unless it’s Ezekiel, only lentil pasta, or the brand Solare which makes pasta from brown rice and veggies. I eat sweet potatoes, regular potatoes with the skin, beans, quinoa, etc. it is how the food is prepared that matters too. I bake my homemade falafel and bean burgers. No dairy either. I will take 1 day a week and try to prepare most of the food for the week. Yes, it is a plant based diet, and it has kept my weight in check. Oh for bfast I eat oatmeal made with 1/2 cup steel cut oats, frozen berries, chia seeds, hemp seeds, a little black strap molasses, and spices like cinnamon and allspice. There is 22 grams of protein in that. Sorry for the long post.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Oh my gosh. I was just tagged in the team photo.

I’ve put on over 20lbs this year. Heaviest I’ve ever been in my life. This photo is more eye opening than any before... time to get this under control ASAP. Wow. Enough is enough. I am going to make time to work out.
My kid’s sports are making me fat!😡

View attachment 339020

Good grief, if that's overweight, there's no hope for the rest of us! :jawdrop: You look average weight to me.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We’re Roman Catholic and belong to a Roman Catholic Church.. However, our parish church is very new and very modern.. pretty, but modern minimalist circular style.

We were in another part of town tonight, attended mass at a church that was built in the 1800s. We stayed afterwards to take photos.
Absolutely Grogeous!

View attachment 339060View attachment 339061View attachment 339062View attachment 339063View attachment 339064View attachment 339065View attachment 339069View attachment 339070View attachment 339071

Beautiful -- very similar to the churches in my area -- older.

MySmallWorldof4

I haven’t shopped at Aldi in awhile, mostly because I forget that they take credit cards now. I like getting points for my groceries. But I liked their products, and I’m a big fan of buying generics. I personally think generic Mac and cheese tastes better than Kraft. I do think some name brands are better and wouldn’t buy generic, like Hellmann mayo and Heinz ketchup always taste better to me than any generic.

I am not surprised by your statement that Aldi’s Soups are from Campbell’s. When I worked at 3M, at one of the factories, we would run the product through and have the 3M printing on the product and box it up with the 3M logo for awhile. Then we turned off the printer and changed the labels that would go on the box and voila... generic products! Same as the “name” brand.

I also like saving money, maybe I should start shopping at Aldi again.
Interesting about 3M. I don’t have probelms with generic either. I will have to drag myself to Aldi to check them out. I do love my gas points though. Do you need to bring your own grocery bags there?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom