The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

I found myself needing to explain a lot of what was going on to dh in the last bunch of films since he hadn't read the books. I too like the original Dumbledore.
Yeah, there were a lot of confused people in the theater. The same thing happened with The Host movie. They cut so much out for time that people who had never read the books were at a loss. The Hunger Games did that too, but they added in commentary that explained a bit so exclusive movie watchers weren't so lost. But Half-Blood Prince was just so hard to follow! But, I'm a reader and I've read the books SO many times, so I see every little thing they changed. It's kind of funny though, I see the scenes from the books as I'm reading them with the actors...so even scenes that aren't in the movies, I see those in my head. Like the Ton Tongue Toffee when the Weasley's come to get Harry for the Quidditch World Cup, or with Dumbledore picking up Harry from the Dursley's house and subtly giving them some very needed lessons in ettiquette. SO much better than the movie version!!! I don't understand why they changed that.

Songbird76

The Nora Roberts book is called Shelter in Place, it is about people who are involved in a mass shooting. Kind of scary, at least for me. It is good though. I have read some Sandra Brown as well, she is a pretty good author as well.
I will have to check that one out...I haven't read it. If I had to choose, I prefer Nora, but I enjoy Sandra Brown as well. My friend is an author and just got an agent, but she LOVES Nora/JD Robb and she got to meet Nora when Nora did a writers seminar in Ireland. She was so excited and I was jealous!!

Songbird76

Today's "Random Post by Steve" :p
Title: "KITCHEN STUFF"
My wife has so much kitchen stuff. We have a special bowl like thingee that was invented to hold kitchen stuff. Then like many people we have a lazy susaView attachment 301980n and jammed packed cabinets. After filling up all of those there was a need to store more kitchen stuff. Luckily we have a double oven and frankly Mrs. Steve only needs to use the top part. So....the bottom unused oven is like a storage cabinet. You guessed it....it's full of kitchen stuff. I'll post some photos.
ARE ANY OF YOU OVERLOADED WITH KITCHEN STUFF ALSO????View attachment 301979

I am, but I can not use my oven for storage...I use it a lot for its intended purpose!

21stamps

Yeah, there were a lot of confused people in the theater. The same thing happened with The Host movie. They cut so much out for time that people who had never read the books were at a loss. The Hunger Games did that too, but they added in commentary that explained a bit so exclusive movie watchers weren't so lost. But Half-Blood Prince was just so hard to follow! But, I'm a reader and I've read the books SO many times, so I see every little thing they changed. It's kind of funny though, I see the scenes from the books as I'm reading them with the actors...so even scenes that aren't in the movies, I see those in my head. Like the Ton Tongue Toffee when the Weasley's come to get Harry for the Quidditch World Cup, or with Dumbledore picking up Harry from the Dursley's house and subtly giving them some very needed lessons in ettiquette. SO much better than the movie version!!! I don't understand why they changed that.

I have never watched or read The Hunger Games. I may be one of a select few humans who have absolutely Zero Interest. Lol

MySmallWorldof4

I agree with your assessment of Half Blood Prince and the rest you wrote. When I reread the books I see the actors as the characters in my head as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom