The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

@Cesar R M , I was watching a show last night on PBS about Mexico. The part that fascinated me was about a group of indigenous people, the Tarahuma or Raramuri, who were known for their long-distance running skills. The could run up to 200 miles in a session. Can you imagine?!

Here's a general link about them from Wikipedia --

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rarámuri
Indeed, They actually started participating in long running contests.. the women are always in the top 3 podium in every race they enter.

Bonus point.. they run with no shoes or sandals.

MySmallWorldof4

A bean burger? I never saw that offered anywhere? Tell me about a bean burger please.
Restaurantasaurus has a delicious black bean burger. When you go to AK try it. There are veggie burgers all over the resort. The ones in Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach are really good as well. I am seeing on their menus now plant based burgers, so I wonder if those are the Beyond Burger that @figmentfan423 mentioned.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Restaurantasaurus has a delicious black bean burger. When you go to AK try it. There are veggie burgers all over the resort. The ones in Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach are really good as well. I am seeing on their menus now plant based burgers, so I wonder if those are the Beyond Burger that @figmentfan423 mentioned.
2fkhrr.jpg
I'm only teasing. Sometimes the veggie options are nicer than the regular food

SteveBrickNJ

Today's "Random Post by Steve" :p
Title: "KITCHEN STUFF"
My wife has so much kitchen stuff. We have a special bowl like thingee that was invented to hold kitchen stuff. Then like many people we have a lazy susa20180809_101305.jpgn and jammed packed cabinets. After filling up all of those there was a need to store more kitchen stuff. Luckily we have a double oven and frankly Mrs. Steve only needs to use the top part. So....the bottom unused oven is like a storage cabinet. You guessed it....it's full of kitchen stuff. I'll post some photos.
ARE ANY OF YOU OVERLOADED WITH KITCHEN STUFF ALSO????20180809_101251.jpg

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
My wife has so much kitchen stuff. We have a special bowl like thingee that was invented to hold kitchen stuff. Then like many people we have a lazy susan and jammed packed cabinets. After filling up all of those there was a need to store more kitchen stuff. Luckily we have a double oven and frankly Mrs. Steve only needs to use the top part. So....the bottom unused oven is like a storage cabinet. You guessed it....it's full of kitchen stuff. I'll post some photos.
ARE ANY OF YOU OVERLOADED WITH KITCHEN STUFF ALSO????View attachment 301979
@figmentfan423 probably has all that and more. But i bet you she uses it all ...

MySmallWorldof4

My wife has so much kitchen stuff. We have a special bowl like thingee that was invented to hold kitchen stuff. Then like many people we have a lazy susaView attachment 301980n and jammed packed cabinets. After filling up all of those there was a need to store more kitchen stuff. Luckily we have a double oven and frankly Mrs. Steve only needs to use the top part. So....the bottom unused oven is like a storage cabinet. You guessed it....it's full of kitchen stuff. I'll post some photos.
ARE ANY OF YOU OVERLOADED WITH KITCHEN STUFF ALSO????View attachment 301979
We have plenty of cabinet space but way too much stuff in them also. My issue is I hate having stuff right on the kitchen counter so that means everything needs to go someplace and that makes the cabinets and drawers stuffed. I don't have anything in the oven though.

SteveBrickNJ

@figmentfan423 probably has all that and more. But i bet you she uses it all ...
That's good actually if she uses it all. My wife in any given year also uses it all. I'm thankful for her cooking. I'm just sometimes feeling challenged when the dishes and kitchen stuff have dried in the dish rack....and in our marriage it is my job to put everything away at that point. Sometimes if the bowl storage thingee is full and there is one more item to shove in there it can be tricky.
Then when she comes home with another item that seems like it should be stored in there I just quietly sigh :D
.....or another challenge is if she uses something from a cabinet that I did even bother to photograph and post....something that she last used 10 months ago....I will just have to ask: "Hon, where does this belong?" I don't want to guess 'cause then 10 months later or whatever we might take 10 minutes to find it :cool:;)

SteveBrickNJ

We have plenty of cabinet space but way too much stuff in them also. My issue is I hate having stuff right on the kitchen counter so that means everything needs to go someplace and that makes the cabinets and drawers stuffed. I don't have anything in the oven though.
She wouldn't either if it were not for the fact that she has two ovens stacked one on top of the other. When we redesigned the kitchen in 2002 she thought she might cook a meat in one oven and something else in the other....simultaneously. Yet, in real everyday life she did not do that. So then it was decided to just use the upper oven for cooking and the lower oven for storage. The photo I posted above is hard to see the upper oven. The glass door is closed and the glass in the photos just came out blurry or shiny.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom