The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

We all have different tastes. I love white doors and trim too. It brightens up a room. I don't like completely white walls though. I prefer color on walls. We had a house once where all the trim was an orangey brown. I hated it. It looked so old and dingy. It took a lot of work to get those white because of the varnish on them.
Yeah, I have light cream colored wallpaper in all our main rooms with one accent wall in each room in the same light taupe as the doors. The Hallway is Off white with a deep blood red on the lower third of it, with the same red for the carpeting on the stairs, and we have a light oak wood flooring throughout, though I'd prefer cherry. We do have cherry in the kitchen and I love it...our dishwasher leaked and we had to replace the oak color in there, but the company didn't have a wood that matched our oak color, so I went with the cherry. DH prefers oak, I prefer cherry. For the most part, everything is very neutral with pops of color here and there, but no white or yellow as those are my pet peeves in decorating.

21stamps

Don't hate me, but I can't stand stark white in any of my decorating. It looks too cold and sterile for me. I have a light taupe color for my doors. It's neutral without giving it that hospital vibe. I'm pretty picky. I don't like yellow walls, white furniture, or wicker.

My comment was more ‘pouting about door replacement’ than anything else.lol. Everyone likes different things! :)

StarWarsGirl

Which Nora Roberts are you reading? I love her!! My favorites are the Three Sisters Island trilogy and In the Garden trilogy. I love the MacGreggors saga, too. If you like Nora, you might give Sandra Brown a try as well.
My mom loves Nora Roberts. I haven't tried any of her books yet. I'm listening to an audiobook at work that I might return if it doesn't pick up soon. I have three books checked out of the library, plus I have my Kindle Unlimited subscription, which I picked back up because it was 99 cents for three months. I don't think I'll run out of material any time soon.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Don't hate me, but I can't stand stark white in any of my decorating. It looks too cold and sterile for me. I have a light taupe color for my doors. It's neutral without giving it that hospital vibe. I'm pretty picky. I don't like yellow walls, white furniture, or wicker.
My pet peeve other than Peeves:hilarious: is wall paper. Every place I moved into has some old wall paper that needed to be steamed off. :rolleyes::mad::grumpy::brb::banghead:

Songbird76

I’ll have to rewatch the movie.. I thought it started out with Harry Potter already living with his Aunt and Uncle. I could be remembering wrong.. we watched it at home and I was in and out of the room.
Nope, it starts with Albus leaving Harry with them. The first 2 follow the books pretty closely, and the Dumbledore is great. But then the actor who played him died and they got a new on who is not as good. He doesn't have the same playful mischievousness that Dumbledore in the books has, and that Richard Harris portrays so well. And from Prisoner of Azkaban on, they take liberties with the plot that the first two don't. The Half-Blood Prince movie really angered me. They rush through, not explaining things sufficiently if you haven't read the books, they cut out a very poignant scene, and they made up a scene that's not in the book and has no real point to it. It was a complete waste of time that they could have used to put in something that's ACTUALLY in the book. But the first 2 are very good about following the books.

MySmallWorldof4

My mom loves Nora Roberts. I haven't tried any of her books yet. I'm listening to an audiobook at work that I might return if it doesn't pick up soon. I have three books checked out of the library, plus I have my Kindle Unlimited subscription, which I picked back up because it was 99 cents for three months. I don't think I'll run out of material any time soon.
I tried getting that Kindle deal and every time I went to check out I got an error. I got so frustrated that I just let it go.

Songbird76

My pet peeve other than Peeves:hilarious: is wall paper. Every place I moved into has some old wall paper that needed to be steamed off. :rolleyes::mad::grumpy::brb::banghead:
Ours had 3 layers of wallpaper to remove when we bought this house. But we DID put in wallpaper because the walls weren't in the best shape and there was no way to really make it look nice by painting it. So we did wallpaper.

MySmallWorldof4

Nope, it starts with Albus leaving Harry with them. The first 2 follow the books pretty closely, and the Dumbledore is great. But then the actor who played him died and they got a new on who is not as good. He doesn't have the same playful mischievousness that Dumbledore in the books has, and that Richard Harris portrays so well. And from Prisoner of Azkaban on, they take liberties with the plot that the first two don't. The Half-Blood Prince movie really angered me. They rush through, not explaining things sufficiently if you haven't read the books, they cut out a very poignant scene, and they made up a scene that's not in the book and has no real point to it. It was a complete waste of time that they could have used to put in something that's ACTUALLY in the book. But the first 2 are very good about following the books.
I found myself needing to explain a lot of what was going on to dh in the last bunch of films since he hadn't read the books. I too like the original Dumbledore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom