The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Technical difficulties at a tech conference is not a promising start. Hopefully, it is all ironed out and the hard drive was worth it.

On a separate note, I noticed there is a casting call for Dapper Dans. Know anyone that might be interested?

The kink got worked out and so far I've picked up a couple good things.

I might know someone that might be interested....;)

MouseDreaming

Proud Mom moment:
DS had his first performance with the top jazz band at his school, last night. DD came with because she wanted to hit the college store to get a shirt, and she would use the performance for her concert review. They played a lot of Bob Brookmeyer with their special guest. Anyway, one of the songs they did was "The Nasty Dance". Incredibly physically demanding, especially for the tenor sax player. I wasn't sure how DD felt about this. Jazz isn't usually her thing, and that one is a little out there. All doubt was removed when the sax player took a bow, and DD was whooping for him and clapping hard. By the end of the concert, we stepped into the vestibule to meet up with her brother, and she looked at me and asked if she could go back in and buy a CD. We found her brother, who did a great job filling out the trumpet section.

But my favorite part of the evening was as we were leaving, and DD mentioned how it was cool to see the guy in charge of the band (who is DS's advisor). DS asks if she wants to meet him. And she did and got to shake his hand, and chat with him. The reason this was a big deal to quote her, "Mom, he writes the best jazz charts we get to play." So, thank you Mr. Doug Beach, my daughter will never wash her hand again.
It was an all around great evening.

StarWarsGirl

Technical difficulties at a tech conference is not a promising start. Hopefully, it is all ironed out and the hard drive was worth it.

On a separate note, I noticed there is a casting call for Dapper Dans. Know anyone that might be interested?
Signs you work in IT: you said hard drive and I thought, "She's getting a free hard drive? How did I miss that?" Then I realized you meant the difficult commute. Whoops. 🙄😂😂

MouseDreaming

Well, everyone. I'm sorry to report that I will be deleting my account tonight. Short explanation. - I have been visiting the political board too often and my responses to what I consider toxic posts from the far right on the recent school shooting are now being deleted. I don't play that.

It has been a lot of fun chatting and sharing stories with all of you over the years. You are a really warm and wonderful community. I wish you all the best, and if anyone wants to stay in touch, you can find me on Facebook under my name, Buddy Thomas.

May your futures be filled with great health, great wealth, and many more great trips to Disney. Love you all.

View attachment 272757
Oh, no! Hope in the future, when things calm a bit, you find your way back.

MouseDreaming

"Groundhog Goulash" So funny! @figmentfan423 :D
Today is a once a month tradition at my elementary school.....it's called "Birthday Breakfast"
One grade level is assigned to bring in a variety of breakfast items....enough for the entire staff. I'm always hoping for a variety of doughnuts, yet most people are bagel fans.
How 'bout you guys? Do you prefer a good bagel or a good doughnut?
For breakfast, I'll take a bagel. After dinner for a donut.

MySmallWorldof4

Well, down here we're a bunch of wussies who can't function when it snows that much, so I'd be aware of that...sidewalks and such might now even be cleared for you to get there.
Snow amounts for Baltimore were lowered now for Saturday. They have intermittent snow and rain. I guess it will keep on changing. I am hoping it changes to NONE.

MySmallWorldof4

Proud Mom moment:
DS had his first performance with the top jazz band at his school, last night. DD came with because she wanted to hit the college store to get a shirt, and she would use the performance for her concert review. They played a lot of Bob Brookmeyer with their special guest. Anyway, one of the songs they did was "The Nasty Dance". Incredibly physically demanding, especially for the tenor sax player. I wasn't sure how DD felt about this. Jazz isn't usually her thing, and that one is a little out there. All doubt was removed when the sax player took a bow, and DD was whooping for him and clapping hard. By the end of the concert, we stepped into the vestibule to meet up with her brother, and she looked at me and asked if she could go back in and buy a CD. We found her brother, who did a great job filling out the trumpet section.

But my favorite part of the evening was as we were leaving, and DD mentioned how it was cool to see the guy in charge of the band (who is DS's advisor). DS asks if she wants to meet him. And she did and got to shake his hand, and chat with him. The reason this was a big deal to quote her, "Mom, he writes the best jazz charts we get to play." So, thank you Mr. Doug Beach, my daughter will never wash her hand again.
How they grow up overnight. Makes you want to cry during these moments.:inlove:

93boomer

Premium Member
Proud Mom moment:

Aww happy moment! Congrats proud mama!

MySmallWorldof4

Thats a lot of pressure, but this non seafood eater liked it hopefully you will too. You will have to report back.
None of us really eat seafood either and the smell makes me want to puke. In a restaurant I am okay, but I used to have to go to a place that sold fish when I was a kid with my mom to buy fresh fish and I would hold my breath and need to walk out. I tried fish sticks once as a kid, and within 30 minutes threw them all up. That was the last time fish ever passed my lips. Dh doesn't eat seafood except for shrimp once a very long while. Oldest will eat it, but the last few times she had eaten it she had thrown up. We are going there for your good burger and truffle fries review, and they have lots of shareable sides. Dh saw the menu and was curious about the ribs.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
None of us really eat seafood either and the smell makes me want to puke. In a restaurant I am okay, but I used to have to go to a place that sold fish when I was a kid with my mom to buy fresh fish and I would hold my breath and need to walk out. I tried fish sticks once as a kid, and within 30 minutes threw them all up. That was the last time fish ever passed my lips. Dh doesn't eat seafood except for shrimp once a very long while. Oldest will eat it, but the last few times she had eaten it she had thrown up. We are going there for your good burger and truffle fries review, and they have lots of shareable sides. Dh saw the menu and was curious about the ribs.

My hubs wanted the ribs as well but they weren't on the menu the day we were there. That is why I got the BBQ burger. I did think about the roasted chicken and club. I have heard the steaks were good to.

MySmallWorldof4

I have cried for every special event, job, etc. that my DD has accomplished even after this age. She is now 32! You never quit crying and being proud. :inlove:
I feel the older I get the more emotional I get. I would always cry for the old Welcome Show at MK. So sad that they just didn't move it to the castle stage. I finally stopped crying watching Coco. I think because it has been in the car for a month and is always on. I have had it on instead of the radio. I can kind of catch myself and stop my tears now. Dh hasn't watched it as much, and I caught him tearing up to it last weekend on a drive up to Chilis.

MySmallWorldof4

I have cried for every special event, job, etc. that my DD has accomplished even after this age. She is now 32! You never quit crying and being proud. :inlove:
I feel the older I get the more emotional I get. I would always cry for the old Welcome Show at MK. So sad that they just didn't move it to the castle stage. I finally stopped crying watching Coco. I think because it has been in the car for a month and is always on. I have had it on instead of the radio. I can kind of catch myself and stop my tears now. Dh hasn't watched it as much, and I caught him tearing up to it last weekend on a drive up to Chilis.

93boomer

Premium Member
Aww same here girlfriend!!

StarWarsGirl

I'm the opposite. But I think that has more to do with being on antidepressants than anything. Couldn't even get chocked up during the Mufasa death scene. That used to get me every time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom