The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Snow over night here in Chicago. Glad I am staying indoors today. Also glad that we chose yesterday to take the birds for their routine pedicures. Our parakeets toenails seem to grow a mile a minute.

I went to the cardiologist yesterday, and he sees no need for me to come see him more often than once a year. I really like that doctor. He actually sits and talks with his patients, and doesn't run in and out like some doctors do. His name is Baddi, but he's a goody.

Hey that's great news!!!

StarWarsGirl

So I've been up this morning since 3 am. The kid woke up from a bad dream about her bed trying to eat her. I'm sure you can imagine how difficult it is getting a three year old back to bed when she's convinced it's trying to eat her :cautious::cautious:
I had a bad dream last night too. There was an invoice approval gone wrong. It was bad. I woke myself up and had to cuddle Belle due to the horror. :hilarious:

MySmallWorldof4

Snow over night here in Chicago. Glad I am staying indoors today. Also glad that we chose yesterday to take the birds for their routine pedicures. Our parakeets toenails seem to grow a mile a minute.

I went to the cardiologist yesterday, and he sees no need for me to come see him more often than once a year. I really like that doctor. He actually sits and talks with his patients, and doesn't run in and out like some doctors do. His name is Baddi, but he's a goody.
Sorry about the weather, but hooray for the good health news. :)

MySmallWorldof4

We're in the 3-5 inch range! Ugh! Maybe I'll just invite my one friend over to get snowed in with us.
Wunderground has Baltimore at 3-5. Accuweather has 1-3. I hope because it has been warm the roads will not let for much accumulation. I just worry about I-70 driving over the mountains. Now I am wondering if I should get a hotel for Friday night. Snow on the roads will make a 90 minute drive potentially much longer. This really stinks. :mad:

StarWarsGirl

Cannot like that at all!! We are supposed to be at the convention center in the Inner Harbor for 7:30am. Awards aren’t until 12:45. How can you be in 3-5 if by me it is 1-3. Now I have to see if they changed the predictions. :eek::mad::banghead::banghead::banghead:
I'm further north than the city, so our weather can be different than down there. A coworker of mine lives in the city, and a few weeks ago, it barely did anything in the city, but she said she got up here was was like 😮

If we get in the 3-5 inch range, your ceremony may be cancelled. Sorry...

StarWarsGirl

Wunderground has Baltimore at 3-5. Accuweather has 1-3. I hope because it has been warm the roads will not let for much accumulation. I just worry about I-70 driving over the mountains. Now I am wondering if I should get a hotel for Friday night. Snow on the roads will make a 90 minute drive potentially much longer. This really stinks. :mad:
I would consider getting a hotel. Any of the ones in that general vicinity (Inner Harbor) should be good. There's also a Sheraton in Towson, which is slightly north of the city, that's pretty good, if you didn't want to stay in the city.

MySmallWorldof4

I'm further north than the city, so our weather can be different than down there. A coworker of mine lives in the city, and a few weeks ago, it barely did anything in the city, but she said she got up here was was like 😮

If we get in the 3-5 inch range, your ceremony may be cancelled. Sorry...
It is a 2 day competition for most teams. Most were required to have an overnight stay. Dd’s team only competes 1 day so they didn’t need a hotel. They seem to never cancel competitions though. I could see them canceling if it was for a foot or more, otherwise they would expect you to have prepared and gotten a hotel. I did contact the team coordinator though.

StarWarsGirl

It is a 2 day competition for most teams. Most were required to have an overnight stay. Dd’s team only competes 1 day so they didn’t need a hotel. They seem to never cancel competitions though. I could see them canceling if it was for a foot or more, otherwise they would expect you to have prepared and gotten a hotel. I did contact the team coordinator though.
Well, down here we're a bunch of wussies who can't function when it snows that much, so I'd be aware of that...sidewalks and such might now even be cleared for you to get there.

MouseDreaming

Hahaaa...!
SCORE!!!!! :joyfull:

And, btw (meant to post this in my response to your birthday post)...if you go to Chuy's on Elvis's (and yes, I googled the Elvis's spelling :geek:) b-day (Jan. 8th) dressed like him, they'll comp your meal...!!!!! :hilarious::joyfull:

View attachment 275162

ETA...
At Chuy's low prices, I wonder how many years it would take to make up for the cost of the Elvis getup...unless you normally dress like that...!!!!!!! :hilarious:
I am thinking it wouldn't take as long. Chicago market has higher prices.;) You can also dress as Priscilla if you prefer. The kids got a kick at the dog wall. If you bring in a framed pic of your pup, score a free appetizer.

MouseDreaming

I'm at a tech conference today, had to drive on super icy Roads to get here. What should have been a 30 minute drive took an hour and 10. Hopefully this is worth it! The presenter is having some technical difficulties with a video though. :confused:
Technical difficulties at a tech conference is not a promising start. Hopefully, it is all ironed out and the hard drive was worth it.

On a separate note, I noticed there is a casting call for Dapper Dans. Know anyone that might be interested?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom