The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

James is now over 70 inches he's taller than his father and not yet 16:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: My dh claims he's still taller but won't be near him without shoes on:cautious:
I bought him new winter shoes fir winter 2016-17. He wore them once. He wanted to wear his winter crocs instead. I figured with how fast his feet grow that it was cheaper to just get him Crocs. So I didn’t bother with new shoes for this past winter. He will probably fit in Dh’s shoes this coming fall.

MySmallWorldof4

Some things aren't funny. I walk with a small group when the weather isn't too bad and we were planning on going out today. It's supposed to warm a bit and the rain has stopped but we have a wind and fog warning until noon:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
We have a wind warning for today too. 40-50 mph wind gusts. Funny thing is these high winds always happen on the day we put out the garbage. Being on top of a hill the wind seems more ferocious. We have had the recycling containers full of stuff strewn all over our yard and the neighbors. It is never fun cleaning that up. Maybe if you walk against the wind it can feel like you are walking but not really moving so you won’t be far from home when you are done. ;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Big time.... I remember one a few years back that basically leveled Zenia (sp?), Ohio. We had friends that lived there just on the outskirts of the town. It missed them by mere yards. We had one here in Raleigh on the day that I was traveling down here from Vermont when I moved. That was 8 years ago and you can still see the path it took through a wooded area fairly close to where I currently live.

I remember back when my brother moved to N. C. For his birthday that year, I sent him a weather radio that had some sort of alarm system, that would sound if tornado activity was within a certain amount of miles near him. He took a picture of the radio on his porch and emailed it to me at the time, to show me he received the radio. Now, whether or not he ever used it, is another story! :rolleyes::p

MySmallWorldof4

True--it's just that when a cycle turns downward rapidly due to an event, the market freaks. Then the investors freak, until it corrects itself. Bad news unhinges people.
If you are near retirement it is definitely scary. But if you still have a couple of decades to go it is just another bump. I think politics plays into it a lot. The Market is not for the squeamish for sure. I do have my Disney stock though. :p

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
What is this call for snow on Saturday now????? All day snow??? 1-3 inches? This stuff is generally supposed to be north of us by now. Who is keeping the jet stream from pushing north? There is even a call for snow in Baltimore @StarWarsGirl. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Saw that in the forecast. It's not abnormal for it to snow in April, but this roller coaster of spring weather mixed with snow is torture. And my trees are all flowering, so all the buds are going to die off :(

MySmallWorldof4

@ajrwdwgirl I was reading through your TR and now I am considering The Boathouse for lunch. I can easily pick off the sides and get a salad. On the menu it says the sides are shareable. I wish you would have gotten the corn on the cob. I would have loved to see how many ears there are. One of my kids would be happy just eating that. The truffle fries have a lemon aioli.

MySmallWorldof4

Why is Sci- Fi so difficult to get a reservation for. I tried to change times and nothing is available, meanwhile I can easily get a reservation for The Boathouse for lunch. The only reason I wanted to eat there is for a chance to see TSL(hoping the walls would be down at least for a good glimpse), since we won't be back until next year.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
@ajrwdwgirl I was reading through your TR and now I am considering The Boathouse for lunch. I can easily pick off the sides and get a salad. On the menu it says the sides are shareable. I wish you would have gotten the corn on the cob. I would have loved to see how many ears there are. One of my kids would be happy just eating that. The truffle fries have a lemon aioli.

I was pleasantly surprised with how good the Boathouse was. I guess in my report I focused on the food but the service was exceptional as well very friendly, attentive, but not overbearing. Probably the best service we had at a restaurant last trip.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Why is Sci- Fi so difficult to get a reservation for. I tried to change times and nothing is available, meanwhile I can easily get a reservation for The Boathouse for lunch. The only reason I wanted to eat there is for a chance to see TSL(hoping the walls would be down at least for a good glimpse), since we won't be back until next year.

I think I read some other people were having problems booking Sci-fi too. Must be some glitch, maybe if you call they could do something you can’t. Hopefully you’ll get a glimpse of Toy Storyland but I don’t think walls will come down until they open or do previews.

BAChicagoGal

Snow over night here in Chicago. Glad I am staying indoors today. Also glad that we chose yesterday to take the birds for their routine pedicures. Our parakeets toenails seem to grow a mile a minute.

I went to the cardiologist yesterday, and he sees no need for me to come see him more often than once a year. I really like that doctor. He actually sits and talks with his patients, and doesn't run in and out like some doctors do. His name is Baddi, but he's a goody.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom