The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MouseDreaming

So for our upcoming trip we have decided to eat some meals outside the parks.:eek: We have chosen 3 places that we don't have near us. One of the ones was thanks to @Goofyernmost , Sweet Tomatoes. I was always curious about it. After he mentioned it yesterday I checked out the menu. I didn't know it was a buffet and had loads of vegetarian stuff. It also scored high on Trip Advisor. The second is one a bunch of my chit chat friends have talked up and that is Chuy's. The nearest one to us is outside DC and we have no plans to head that way. We will be in Baltimore this coming weekend, but heading to where that is from the Inner Harbor makes no sense. The 3rd place is Bahama Breeze. It has been many years since we have been. I wish we had one here because I could so use the tropical atmosphere. So anyone want to critique these choices or are they good ones?
Sweet Tomatoes by us closed, and I miss it. Chuy's is really yummy! And the Bahama Breeze that is right down the street from me...never been. We always say we should go, but it still hasn't happened.

*Edit* I just remembered Sweet Tomatoes had a club you could sign up for. Club Veg, I think? Anyway, they used to have some good coupons that would come up. Check the web site.

Figgy1

What is this call for snow on Saturday now????? All day snow??? 1-3 inches? This stuff is generally supposed to be north of us by now. Who is keeping the jet stream from pushing north? There is even a call for snow in Baltimore @StarWarsGirl. :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Saw that in the forecast. It's not abnormal for it to snow in April, but this roller coaster of spring weather mixed with snow is torture. And my trees are all flowering, so all the buds are going to die off :(
Why is Sci- Fi so difficult to get a reservation for. I tried to change times and nothing is available, meanwhile I can easily get a reservation for The Boathouse for lunch. The only reason I wanted to eat there is for a chance to see TSL(hoping the walls would be down at least for a good glimpse), since we won't be back until next year.
By the way here’s a cute snowy dog from yesterday...
View attachment 275197
Snow over night here in Chicago. Glad I am staying indoors today. Also glad that we chose yesterday to take the birds for their routine pedicures. Our parakeets toenails seem to grow a mile a minute.

I went to the cardiologist yesterday, and he sees no need for me to come see him more often than once a year. I really like that doctor. He actually sits and talks with his patients, and doesn't run in and out like some doctors do. His name is Baddi, but he's a goody.
OMG Group sympathy like

Figgy1

Wunderground has Baltimore at 3-5. Accuweather has 1-3. I hope because it has been warm the roads will not let for much accumulation. I just worry about I-70 driving over the mountains. Now I am wondering if I should get a hotel for Friday night. Snow on the roads will make a 90 minute drive potentially much longer. This really stinks. :mad:
I'd book something just in case. Better safe than sorry

Figgy1

Proud Mom moment:
DS had his first performance with the top jazz band at his school, last night. DD came with because she wanted to hit the college store to get a shirt, and she would use the performance for her concert review. They played a lot of Bob Brookmeyer with their special guest. Anyway, one of the songs they did was "The Nasty Dance". Incredibly physically demanding, especially for the tenor sax player. I wasn't sure how DD felt about this. Jazz isn't usually her thing, and that one is a little out there. All doubt was removed when the sax player took a bow, and DD was whooping for him and clapping hard. By the end of the concert, we stepped into the vestibule to meet up with her brother, and she looked at me and asked if she could go back in and buy a CD. We found her brother, who did a great job filling out the trumpet section.

But my favorite part of the evening was as we were leaving, and DD mentioned how it was cool to see the guy in charge of the band (who is DS's advisor). DS asks if she wants to meet him. And she did and got to shake his hand, and chat with him. The reason this was a big deal to quote her, "Mom, he writes the best jazz charts we get to play." So, thank you Mr. Doug Beach, my daughter will never wash her hand again.
It was an all around great evening.
WOOT!!!:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

Figgy1

The Boathouse doesn't have any clothing restrictions that I know, except you have to wear some. Saw plenty of people in very casual/theme park clothes. The Edison has a dress code.

The price on some things isn't that far apart either. I priced out BBQ burgers for both restaurants and Boathouse was $2 more.
Do you know what the code is for The Eddison? THNX

MOXOMUMD

So I got a call from my daughter's principal that someone slugbugged her during hall exchange and she has a beet colored bruise on her arm. Of course it was crowded and she couldn't see who did it. :mad: Seven weeks of school left....seven weeks of school left....

MouseDreaming

Looks like you had great seats, and the things we do for our kids when we are dead tired. I woke up with a start early this morning. I went downstairs and realized dh forgot to put out the Easter baskets. I went upstairs and woke him to find out where they were hidden. I didn't want the little 2 to freak out if they didn't see any baskets. Crisis averted. Oh and this is what happens when your kids start going to bed later than you. ;):banghead:
In case you think when they are older, it will be better... Did the Passover Ceder at family friends house, and got home around 10:30 or so at night. Up the next morning at 5 AM. DS had a paying gig for a sunrise Easter service. The things we do for our kids. (In all honesty, just to see how excited he was to get paid actual money for doing what he loves was worth it).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom