1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The Mom, Oct 19, 2014.

1. DisneyBound2017

DisneyBound2017 Well-Known Member

Holy WOW! This is really unfortunate. I'm so sorry they're handling this so incompetently!! Hopefully it shows up before your PT session because I'm sure PT will be a lot more difficult without it.

2. CherylM

CherylM Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    There are a few, small, shared characteristics, but unless you've learned to read Old English, you really need a translation.

3. Goofyernmost

Goofyernmost Well-Known Member

I would but I didn't send the item, the VA is the originator and the one that is paying for the shipment. Coming from me, it will hardly ruin anyone's day. I have informed the VA that perhaps they should find an alternate way to ship this stuff out. As bad as people talk about the US Postal Service. I have never seen them more on top of things then they are now. I ordered stuff on Amazon that had to come from California and it was at my door in two days. At least when it is shipped via USPS I know approximately when they are going to deliver. With UPS you have to be available all day long.

4. figmentfan423

figmentfan423 Well-Known Member

I'll pinch her for you:D

5. Mr Ferret 88

Mr Ferret 88 Situational swearer Premium Member

FtFY

6. figmentfan423

EPCOT did year one and they didn't card back then or so I heard, but now Izma gets carded:facepalm:

7. CherylM

I agree - USPS has been wonderful the last few years. I had a package that I ordered specifically for a Disney trip that something happened to the label, so the zip code was missing. It ended up in Washington state - across the entirety of the US from me. I called, they tracked it down (it wasn't showing up anywhere in their tracking system), and they had it to me within 2 days.

I would still call and freak. That kind of service is unacceptable.

8. figmentfan423

Is there any chance you could get it from another vendor before then?

9. figmentfan423

We have a tradition, on our first MK day we arrive there by monorail even if it means getting up early and getting to the TTC or one of the resorts

10. Cesar R M

Cesar R M Well-Known Member

Yeah, and this system I'm building is to replace the failing one I'm using right now. I cant wait until AFTER the christmas hours. I need those free days to build this thing and install all the stuff I use for work x_x

11. CherylM

I totally get it. I'm currently creating a ghost of my hard drive because I'm getting imminent failure warnings.

12. Cesar R M

Agree.
    I feel that UPS service is getting really bad lately.
    They are the most expensive (next to Fedex in my country) with the most unreliable system.

For example, I received a package 5 days ago, stated to be delivered that say.. and just yesterday I get the 3 emails saying "your package is scheduled to be delivered TODAY" (5 days later AFTER I received it). Then 30 mins later "your package has been delivered" email.

DHL in the other hand, lowered the costs and offers insanely good services. Almost everything they have sent me, arrives on time or 1 day earlier.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 1:43 PM
  13. Cesar R M

I'm looking but this is the second provider who promised to give it on time and was a noshow.

It will be very hilarious to see if these vendors are all getting the product from Amazon as well, or using the same distributor. Thus noone really has the product they are selling (aka they do "on demand") since its not a normal box you sell every day.
    Its a VERY BIG computer case.

MinnieM123 and MySmallWorldof4 like this.
  14. MySmallWorldof4

MySmallWorldof4 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about sharing in this thread. Besides we can tell you are humble. I know I am not the only one that loves to see pictures from other places on this thread, especially the food ones. :):)

15. RedNoseMickey

RedNoseMickey Well-Known Member

Thank you for the advice especially about the coffee!
    Unfortunately it will be at least 2021 before I can seriously start planning thanks to my stupid mortgage. :(

16. MySmallWorldof4

Not only that, they probably would have found a way to sue. :rolleyes: A lawyer would have found a way to blame Disney for it.

17. RedNoseMickey

Thank you for saying that. I grew up quite poor so the last thing I want to do I make people feel bad because they are less fortunate than I am now.
    And I will happily share any food and travel but most days my life is very tedious.
    Go to work, come home, spent some time on my tablet, go to sleep and repeat.;)

18. RedNoseMickey

You are probably right, idiots like that aren't likely to take responsibility for their own dumb actions.

19. MySmallWorldof4

My guess is that the b's used to be pronounced, and we just got lazy saying them. Maybe in the UK they still pronounce them? What of it @Mr Ferret 88 ?

20. DisneyBound2017

DisneyBound2017 Well-Known Member

I feel like this too :)

21. RedNoseMickey

From what I have been reading your kid can sure keep things interesting.
    Washed your hands yet? :p