The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

You are a good sister! I am looking forward to eating some amandelstaaf at Christmas.:hungry: How are you celebrating Christmas and New Years?
We always do Christmas with my in-laws. I think this year we are celebrating on 1st Christmas Day because my nephew (and maybe my brother-in-law, too, now that I think about it) is going with his other grandparents to....Dubai? I don't remember where now, but they are going somewhere on 2nd Christmas day until New Years. And his mom had him for Christmas day last year, so it's my BIL's turn. So basically my parents-in-law, my BIL and nephew, and my family all get together at my in-law's house and we do dinner and open presents. The presents are mostly for the kids...we don't do a whole lot for the adults. My BIL lives less than a block from my in-laws, but we live about 40 minutes away, so we usually spend the night on Christmas Eve, go to Mass at the Catholic church together, then my MIL makes Verse Worst and potatoes (which I won't eat) and then when we get up in the morning, we call my BIL and he brings my Nephew over and the kids go hog wild with the presents and then they play until we have an early-ish dinner. I'm usually in charge of Dessert, because everyone LOVES brownies. So I bring stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer while everyone else does carpaccio or shrimp cocktail, and I bring brownies for dessert, and we stuff ourselves like it's Thanksgiving.
How about you?

Cesar R M

I wouldn't worry about sharing in this thread. Besides we can tell you are humble. I know I am not the only one that loves to see pictures from other places on this thread, especially the food ones. :):)
Agree, there is a huge difference in sharing your experiences and photos.
And other is flaunting in the face of everyone.

Here we encourage sharing.. very different than going to a normal unrelated website or something and then boast how poor everyone is and how much fun you're having in X place because you have the money to pay for it.

And believe me, I've seen the second kind a few times lol.

Cesar R M

I'd ask @RedNoseMickey or even @Songbird76 about the proper use of the English language on that side of the pond. @Mr Ferret 88 only speaks Goinsey and redneck:hilarious:
I wish I could help too, but sadly.. I only speak RedNeck, RudeInternetEnglishForGeeks(tm), Spanish, Spanglish and Traditional Mexican (aka Spanish with a dose of insults and double meaning words lol) :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

My husband makes fun of me because I pronounce the g at the end of words. Like going doesn't sound like goin' from me,... its more like goin-ga

I think I speak that way as well with most words.. the sounds that used to be very silent in the english language, are actually loud and hard in spanish.. so I end saying like CLIMBBBBBE.

Songbird76

Here's a strange Christmas order issue. I ordered dh shirts from J. Crew Factory on Black Friday. They were delivered yesterday. I went to open the box. The box was a nice cardboard gift style box where the lid opens. When I went to cut the packing tape on the seams, I noticed that someone had taken an exacto knife to the tape. It had already been opened. I ordered 4 tops. Only 3 were in the box.:mad::mad::banghead::banghead: I checked the packing slip and there were supposed to be 4. Called J. Crew and they were super helpful. She credited me the top back and said they would look into it. They still had the missing shirt in stock so she did put in an expedited order for it. I was just shocked that the package was tampered with. It was just J. Crew. Not like it was Gucci or something. People suck.
I work in a warehouse for an internet store...we have had problems with that in the past with truck drivers who would open up the packages and take stuff out. We now have to tape boxes in a specific way to make it harder for them to open them. The packing tape sticks to itself really well, so if we make sure the tape overlaps on the sides, it's pretty safe that they can't get into the box. We had these pizza style boxes where the lid opens and those were so easy to open, so we got rid of those and went to different kind. It's apparently a lot more common than you would think.

Cesar R M

Aside from where to find the bathroom, the library, and count to fifteen, everything else I know in Spanish is insults :hilarious::hilarious:
thank-you-my-boy-you-make-me-proud.jpg

Figgy1

Premium Member
I found the cutest outfit for my niece!!! Sending it in her Christmas present:
View attachment 248623

DD was disappointed because this was the biggest size they had...my niece is 4 and this is supposed to be for 5 years, though it looks like it might run a bit small. But DD wished they made it in her size.
Me too! Put that on my to do list, get some heat set gems and black T shirt. The shirt may be the hardest as I'm between sizes:mad:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I found the cutest outfit for my niece!!! Sending it in her Christmas present:
View attachment 248623

DD was disappointed because this was the biggest size they had...my niece is 4 and this is supposed to be for 5 years, though it looks like it might run a bit small. But DD wished they made it in her size.

My daughter has that skirt! She doesn't wear it ever though... you know... because its not a fricken princess dress :cautious::cautious:

Songbird76

ok, who sent the wind:rolleyes: I'm afraid to go outside:brb::bawling::grumpy:. Guess my cooking will get done early and I'll have time for a Christmas movie while I get some crafting done. as in cutting out all the bleeping circles the boys didn't have time to get to:cautious:
Whoever it was must have sent it here, too. The bike ride to pick up DS from school was MISERABLE. There was also this very fine rain and because I was biking into the wind, it was right in my face and I could hardly see and it was so COLD. I'd take snow over that any day. I was so not fun. But, what doesn't kill me makes me stronger, right?

Songbird76

My daughter has that skirt! She doesn't wear it ever though... you know... because its not a fricken princess dress :cautious::cautious:
Well, I sent a picture to my brother and asked if she'd like it and he said yes, she LOVES Minnie Mouse. So yay...good thing, since I had already bought it and if he'd said no, I'd have had to make a trip back to the store to return it.

StarWarsGirl

I agree - USPS has been wonderful the last few years. I had a package that I ordered specifically for a Disney trip that something happened to the label, so the zip code was missing. It ended up in Washington state - across the entirety of the US from me. I called, they tracked it down (it wasn't showing up anywhere in their tracking system), and they had it to me within 2 days.

I would still call and freak. That kind of service is unacceptable.
USPS is pretty good...most of the time.

I had an Amazon package delivered to the house Saturday. It wasn't ours. It was the completely wrong address. Thankfully, the person whose it was lived less than five minutes away, and so I found a phone number for the woman, called her and was able to give her the package. She was happy; it was an Xbox game for her son as a Christmas present. I told her usually the postal service was pretty good.

Fast forward a few days, and USPS ships an SD card, which came from Amazon's Baltimore facility, to Virginia. Could've been here the next day, took five instead. :rolleyes: Ah the postal service.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom