The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

12in12

We always do Christmas with my in-laws. I think this year we are celebrating on 1st Christmas Day because my nephew (and maybe my brother-in-law, too, now that I think about it) is going with his other grandparents to....Dubai? I don't remember where now, but they are going somewhere on 2nd Christmas day until New Years. And his mom had him for Christmas day last year, so it's my BIL's turn. So basically my parents-in-law, my BIL and nephew, and my family all get together at my in-law's house and we do dinner and open presents. The presents are mostly for the kids...we don't do a whole lot for the adults. My BIL lives less than a block from my in-laws, but we live about 40 minutes away, so we usually spend the night on Christmas Eve, go to Mass at the Catholic church together, then my MIL makes Verse Worst and potatoes (which I won't eat) and then when we get up in the morning, we call my BIL and he brings my Nephew over and the kids go hog wild with the presents and then they play until we have an early-ish dinner. I'm usually in charge of Dessert, because everyone LOVES brownies. So I bring stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer while everyone else does carpaccio or shrimp cocktail, and I bring brownies for dessert, and we stuff ourselves like it's Thanksgiving.
How about you?
I also wouldn't eat verse worst with potatoes.:depressed:
Brownies sound very delicious, you would be welcome at my Christmas dinner. :hungry:
If I am not working I spend Christmas with my mom and sister. None of us have a 3 bedroom home so we often go away. We learnt the hard way that we don't like celebrating Christmas in warm weather so we usually stay within Europe.
This year we are staying in Bosrijk in the Efteling, for the first time ever all my siblings plus nieces and nephews will be there as well. My dumb brother moved to Australia 18 years ago so we have only had one Christmas with him and his kids since. And that was in Australia so didn't feel like Christmas at all.

It will be crazy busy but should be fun as well.

12in12

USPS is pretty good...most of the time.

I had an Amazon package delivered to the house Saturday. It wasn't ours. It was the completely wrong address. Thankfully, the person whose it was lived less than five minutes away, and so I found a phone number for the woman, called her and was able to give her the package. She was happy; it was an Xbox game for her son as a Christmas present. I told her usually the postal service was pretty good.

Fast forward a few days, and USPS ships an SD card, which came from Amazon's Baltimore facility, to Virginia. Could've been here the next day, took five instead. :rolleyes: Ah the postal service.
I miss Amazon.:( They don't operate in Switzerland.

12in12

Am available for a road trip (along with the Boss) . Nothing bad ever happens when i travel ...
Please, once one of the engines of the plane I was in caught fire. Emergency landing etc. bla bla bla. These things happen when you travel.;) Happy to have some travel partners, keep the end of 2021 free because that is the earliest this trip will happen.:joyfull:

Last edited:

12in12

No prob. I found you a hotel if you wind up in DC. It's called the Hive Hotel the rooms are small but supposedly clean and nice, depending on the night $74 and up in the city
Thanks, when I have a longer trip I tend to mostly stay in hostels. It is a great way to meet people, I can usually cook my own food and it is way cheaper than a hotel. If I have to save enough money for hotels for a 9 month trip I will never get to go.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Here's a strange Christmas order issue. I ordered dh shirts from J. Crew Factory on Black Friday. They were delivered yesterday. I went to open the box. The box was a nice cardboard gift style box where the lid opens. When I went to cut the packing tape on the seams, I noticed that someone had taken an exacto knife to the tape. It had already been opened. I ordered 4 tops. Only 3 were in the box.:mad::mad::banghead::banghead: I checked the packing slip and there were supposed to be 4. Called J. Crew and they were super helpful. She credited me the top back and said they would look into it. They still had the missing shirt in stock so she did put in an expedited order for it. I was just shocked that the package was tampered with. It was just J. Crew. Not like it was Gucci or something. People suck.

Wow. Sorry to hear that. Years ago we had a package stolen from the front porch. It was my Christmas present, and the only thing I asked hubs to get for me. No Christmas present under the tree for me that year. :( Yes, people do suck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom