The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

That sounds very nice! I have never been to Hershey PA but clearly I should put it on my travel list.
The town is cute. The amusement park is not Disney World. Does not have the same attention to detail. Chocolate World has now just become a huge store. There is still the free ride inside that shows how they make chocolate, but they re-did the whole entrance. Before it was beautiful and you felt like you were walking through a tropical forest. Now it is just blah white walls with a few pictures scattered. So much more cold now. We would take the hour drive just to enjoy the ambiance of it in the winter. They have a small area upstairs where they have nice chocolate treats, and fun play with your food things for the kids. We could spend a couple of fun hours just in Chocolate World and the parking was free. The whole ride entrance thing just and the whole ground floor being like a huge Hershey department store turned us off. If you would go, I would combine it with Lancaster, PA. Hershey/Lancaster is more of a nice weekend thing. You cannot make a huge trip out of it unless you were going to combine it with a tour of Philadelphia, and Washington DC. Hershey does have one of our favorite restaurants though, The Chocolate Grill. We recommend it to anyone who visits. :hungry:
Someone who witnessed it said they were taken away in handcuffs.
Idiots.
It really is. At least when PI was around, there was a place just for overindulging...now that that's long gone and alcohol is being served in the parks...
Once you open Pandora's box....pun intended.
Sadly the airport and factory tours have both closed. Way back when we'd fly in walk to the park, ride a bunch of rides, take the monorail into town, get off ,tour the factory, eat lunch in town then go to the old fashioned ice cream place, monorail back to the park, check out the zoo and ride rides until closing:inlove: The tour has been replaced with Chocolate World, it's like the Land for chocolate.
The museum is still nice. I miss the restaurant they had inside Chocolate World.:(

Last edited:

12in12

Those dangling lights are gorgeous! And yay for Swiss chocolate! I went to the store yesterday and bought several kilos of chocolate in various flavors to send to my brother for Christmas...it does make a lovely Christmas gift. I also got him stroopwafels and amandelstaf. He's going to love me.
You are a good sister! I am looking forward to eating some amandelstaaf at Christmas.:hungry: How are you celebrating Christmas and New Years?

12in12

The town is cute. The amusement park is not Disney World. Does not have the same attention to detail. Chocolate World has now just become a huge store. There is still the free ride inside that shows how they make chocolate, but they re-did the whole entrance. Before it was beautiful and you felt like you were walking through a tropical forest. Now it is just blah white walls with a few pictures scattered. So much more cold now. We would take the hour drive just to enjoy the ambiance of it in the winter. They have a small area upstairs where they have nice chocolate treats, and fun play with your food things for the kids. We could spend a couple of fun hours just in Chocolate World and the parking was free. The whole ride entrance thing just and the whole ground floor being like a huge Hershey department store turned us off. If you would go, I would combine it with Lancaster, PA. Hershey/Lancaster is more of a nice weekend thing. You cannot make a huge trip out of it unless you were going to combine it with a tour of Philadelphia, and Washington DC. Hershey does have one of our favorite restaurants though, The Chocolate Grill. We recommend it to anyone who visits. :hungry:

Idiots.

Once you open Pandora's box....pun intended.

The museum is still nice. I miss the restaurant they had inside Chocolate World.:(

I still plan to drive or take the train from Disneyland to Disney World one day with lots of stops along the way so Hershey could be one of those stops.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I still plan to drive or take the train from Disneyland to Disney World one day with lots of stops along the way so Hershey could be one of those stops.

Pennsylvania would be waaaaaay out of the way. Lot's of other cool places so in the southern part of the USA.:)

That would add two days to your trip, easy. If you have the time, it's beautiful out that way though. It's near Amish country as well, so you could experience that too.

You would typically want to take Interstate 10 and 20, or at most Interstate 40. There are a lot of amazing things closer to those routes. Like iconic Route 66, which was the inspiration for the towns in the Cars movie!

MySmallWorldof4

Here's a strange Christmas order issue. I ordered dh shirts from J. Crew Factory on Black Friday. They were delivered yesterday. I went to open the box. The box was a nice cardboard gift style box where the lid opens. When I went to cut the packing tape on the seams, I noticed that someone had taken an exacto knife to the tape. It had already been opened. I ordered 4 tops. Only 3 were in the box.:mad::mad::banghead::banghead: I checked the packing slip and there were supposed to be 4. Called J. Crew and they were super helpful. She credited me the top back and said they would look into it. They still had the missing shirt in stock so she did put in an expedited order for it. I was just shocked that the package was tampered with. It was just J. Crew. Not like it was Gucci or something. People suck.

12in12

That would add two days to your trip, easy. If you have the time, it's beautiful out that way though. It's near Amish country as well, so you could experience that too.

You would typically want to take Interstate 10 and 20, or at most Interstate 40. There are a lot of amazing things closer to those routes. Like iconic Route 66, which was the inspiration for the towns in the Cars movie!
Thank you for the advice. I have a few years to plan this trip but it is fun to think about. I want to visit all 50 States before I die. I have done 24 so need to check the other 26 off on an epic road trip.:D

wdwfan4ver

I can't believe some people tried to climb the Tree of Life. :jawdrop:
Anything is possible.

Back when I was in 5th and 6th grade, I saw a classmate able to stand on sink in the bottom floor bathroom and jump at least 2 or 3 feet from the bathroom sink to the plumbing pipes feet in the air and grab on to plumbing pipes near the ceiling:jawdrop:. That student jumped on plumbing pipes when a lot of students had to go to the bathroom from eating launch.

That student hanging on plumbing pipes and moved on them like a monkey moves on a tree. Multiple times, the adults in the school saw him on the plumbing pipes in the same bathroom and had him get down from there multiples times. Based on memory, no student told the plumbing pipe jumper to do it.

To me though, The adults that did the Tree of Life climbing is worse since adults did it instead of a kid.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Thank you for the advice. I have a few years to plan this trip but it is fun to think about. I want to visit all 50 States before I die. I have done 24 so need to check the other 26 off on an epic road trip.:D

Now you have me looking at the map, LOL. I would zigzag so much on that trip because I've been on road trips that cover those areas and there are some things I would LOVe to see again and would definitely recommend to a visitor. What 26 do you have left?

12in12

Here's a strange Christmas order issue. I ordered dh shirts from J. Crew Factory on Black Friday. They were delivered yesterday. I went to open the box. The box was a nice cardboard gift style box where the lid opens. When I went to cut the packing tape on the seams, I noticed that someone had taken an exacto knife to the tape. It had already been opened. I ordered 4 tops. Only 3 were in the box.:mad::mad::banghead::banghead: I checked the packing slip and there were supposed to be 4. Called J. Crew and they were super helpful. She credited me the top back and said they would look into it. They still had the missing shirt in stock so she did put in an expedited order for it. I was just shocked that the package was tampered with. It was just J. Crew. Not like it was Gucci or something. People suck.
I am glad J.Crew was nice about it and you will get the top that was stolen but I agree that some people suck! You had to waste your time and J.Crew is out of money because of an dishonest person.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
@DisneyBound2017 I have done most of the East coast but haven't seen anything inward from West Virginia to Idaho. I did go from California to Colorado and I have also been to Alaska, Hawaii, Texas, Tennessee, Georgia and of course the home of the Mouse.

Well, when you get ready to plan your epic road trip, post about it! I'm sure I'm not the only one who would have a ton of fun suggestions :)

12in12

Hi gang! I commiserate with all with yucky weather. Ugh! We are finally having sunshine this morning! It has been so dreary and cloudy this week! Now we are supposed to get snow showers tonight and 1-3 inches tomorrow! Noooo! Thank goodness I have only 3 more days until Disney! I need warm and sun!!!
3 more days!?! Lucky you. I hope the weather will be perfect for you.:)

12in12

Well, when you get ready to plan your epic road trip, post about it! I'm sure I'm not the only one who would have a ton of fun suggestions :)
I always find it difficult to know what to share. I don't want to sound like I am bragging or showing off as I know there are plenty of people who are less fortune as I am but it is fun to discuss things and share my excitement as I love to travel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom