The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Speaking of UPS, I just had the VA send me some pain medicine for my current round with Sciatica. It was picked up by them on the 29th of Nov. The VA is in Durham and I live in Cary, NC... a distance of 24 miles. As of this moment it has not been delivered. I was told that is was going to be an overnight delivery due to the fact that a lot of pain was involved. So I stayed home, inside all day Thursday (no show). Thinking that maybe I misunderstood I repeated my confinement on Friday (nope). Stayed in on Saturday and Sunday as well, still nothing. Along comes Monday and I am in drastic need of some basics at the grocery store (including Advil), so I went out to the store. I was gone about 30 minutes and when I came back there was a UPS slip on my door saying how sorry they were that they missed me. OK, no harm, no foul... it was my fault and the note said they would deliver it the next day. I haven't mentioned yet that the particular meds. they were sending me were controlled medications, so I have to be here to sign for it. Anyway, I then was able to sign on to their Website for tracking. It showed that I wasn't there at the time and deliver was slated for the next day. Tuesday I stayed home all day, no delivery happened. Later I checked the site again and it stated that the deliver date was rescheduled for the next day. Once again I stayed home all day. Wanna guess what happened? Right, no delivery but this time I had to watch as a UPS truck passed right by my apartment.

It is rescheduled for today and in about an hour I have to make my way to Durham for a PT appointment. Anyone want to place a bet on when they are going to show up? Now at least I know what UPS stands for Unbelievably Poor Service! Sure glad I didn't need this medicine to keep my heart beating. Pain apparently isn't important to UPS.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I still plan to drive or take the train from Disneyland to Disney World one day with lots of stops along the way so Hershey could be one of those stops.
If you have the time land in NY and see the city, drive south on 95 to Philly and explore, drive west on 30 through Amish country and Hershey area, drive south on 81 into MD then se( a bunch of twists and turns) into Baltimore then back on 95 into DC then stay on 95 until I-4 into Orlando:joyfull: a word of warning there's nowhere to get off and get decent coffee between the middle of NC and the GA state line, bring a thermos and fill up in NC

Pixieish

Speaking of UPS, I just had the VA send me some pain medicine for my current round with Sciatica. It was picked up by them on the 29th of Nov. The VA is in Durham and I live in Cary, NC... a distance of 24 miles. As of this moment it has not been delivered. I was told that is was going to be an overnight delivery due to the fact that a lot of pain was involved. So I stayed home, inside all day Thursday (no show). Thinking that maybe I misunderstood I repeated my confinement on Friday (nope). Stayed in on Saturday and Sunday as well, still nothing. Along comes Monday and I am in drastic need of some basics at the grocery store (including Advil), so I went out to the store. I was gone about 30 minutes and when I came back there was a UPS slip on my door saying how sorry they were that they missed me. OK, no harm, no foul... it was my fault and the note said they would deliver it the next day. I haven't mentioned yet that the particular meds. they were sending me were controlled medications, so I have to be here to sign for it. Anyway, I then was able to sign on to their Website for tracking. It showed that I wasn't there at the time and deliver was slated for the next day. Tuesday I stayed home all day, no delivery happened. Later I checked the site again and it stated that the deliver date was rescheduled for the next day. Once again I stayed home all day. Wanna guess what happened? Right, no delivery but this time I had to watch as a UPS truck passed right by my apartment.

It is rescheduled for today and in about an hour I have to make my way to Durham for a PT appointment. Anyone want to place a bet on when they are going to show up? Now at least I know what UPS stands for Unbelievably Poor Service! Sure glad I didn't need this medicine to keep my heart beating. Pain apparently isn't important to UPS.
OMG! I would be calling customer service and screaming my head off!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I love watching first timers on MK bus when the Castle starts to come into view..face forward or on left sideways

I'll try to remember you saying this when we get there!! I'd love to see the look on my daughter's face when she first sees Cindergrellas castle!

Because multiple thousands of our words come from Old English, Latin, and French. ;)

I saw this thing on Facebook (which has to be true, right, because it's on the internet) that said that American English actually resembles the most ancient form of English and that European English has evolved far more away from the way it was written and spoken before the times of Shakespeare.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

Holy WOW! This is really unfortunate. I'm so sorry they're handling this so incompetently!! Hopefully it shows up before your PT session because I'm sure PT will be a lot more difficult without it.

Pixieish

I'll try to remember you saying this when we get there!! I'd love to see the look on my daughter's face when she first sees Cindergrellas castle!

I saw this thing on Facebook (which has to be true, right, because it's on the internet) that said that American English actually resembles the most ancient form of English and that European English has evolved far more away from the way it was written and spoken before the times of Shakespeare.
There are a few, small, shared characteristics, but unless you've learned to read Old English, you really need a translation.

Goofyernmost

OMG! I would be calling customer service and screaming my head off!
I would but I didn't send the item, the VA is the originator and the one that is paying for the shipment. Coming from me, it will hardly ruin anyone's day. I have informed the VA that perhaps they should find an alternate way to ship this stuff out. As bad as people talk about the US Postal Service. I have never seen them more on top of things then they are now. I ordered stuff on Amazon that had to come from California and it was at my door in two days. At least when it is shipped via USPS I know approximately when they are going to deliver. With UPS you have to be available all day long.

Pixieish

I would but I didn't send the item, the VA is the originator and the one that is paying for the shipment. Coming from me, it will hardly ruin anyone's day. I have informed the VA that perhaps they should find an alternate way to ship this stuff out. As bad as people talk about the US Postal Service. I have never seen them more on top of things then they are now. I ordered stuff on Amazon that had to come from California and it was at my door in two days. At least when it is shipped via USPS I know approximately when they are going to deliver. With UPS you have to be available all day long.
I agree - USPS has been wonderful the last few years. I had a package that I ordered specifically for a Disney trip that something happened to the label, so the zip code was missing. It ended up in Washington state - across the entirety of the US from me. I called, they tracked it down (it wasn't showing up anywhere in their tracking system), and they had it to me within 2 days.

I would still call and freak. That kind of service is unacceptable.

Figgy1

Premium Member

We have a tradition, on our first MK day we arrive there by monorail even if it means getting up early and getting to the TTC or one of the resorts

Cesar R M

Holy WOW! This is really unfortunate. I'm so sorry they're handling this so incompetently!! Hopefully it shows up before your PT session because I'm sure PT will be a lot more difficult without it.
Agree.
I feel that UPS service is getting really bad lately.
They are the most expensive (next to Fedex in my country) with the most unreliable system.

For example, I received a package 5 days ago, stated to be delivered that say.. and just yesterday I get the 3 emails saying "your package is scheduled to be delivered TODAY" (5 days later AFTER I received it). Then 30 mins later "your package has been delivered" email.

DHL in the other hand, lowered the costs and offers insanely good services. Almost everything they have sent me, arrives on time or 1 day earlier.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Is there any chance you could get it from another vendor before then?
I'm looking but this is the second provider who promised to give it on time and was a noshow.

It will be very hilarious to see if these vendors are all getting the product from Amazon as well, or using the same distributor. Thus noone really has the product they are selling (aka they do "on demand") since its not a normal box you sell every day.
Its a VERY BIG computer case.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom