The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Nice idea. Here at home, sometimes our kids outlast dh and I. :confused: Wonder if we could pull off a late night. I will think about it. I do love my beauty rest.;) Plus at Disney we will have no pets waking us up a few times a night, :banghead::banghead::banghead:so we like to take advantage of actual restful sleep.:D

Do it at least once...you won't regret it...we have never regretted an extra late/EMH night at MK...!!! :)

donaldtoo

gotta love the clients with attitude who do dumb things.. yet demand everything because "the customer is always right".

JjbMt9g.png

r7TfYth.png

4AKBBbw.png

RuCjf8l.png

eTrArJ8.png

ryv1FWR.png

hrcu9ip.png
qZKKZQ1.png

:joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :oops: ;)

donaldtoo

As a teenager, I worked at a few large department stores during summer vacation, and holiday periods (afternoons after school, and weekends). One of my first assignments (I was about 15 at the time) was the men's underwear section. My first day on the job, a middle aged man came over to my register and asked me what size boxer shorts he should buy. :cautious: Of course, being a young teenage girl, I was mortified ( :hilarious: ) and said I'd go ask the floor manager. He then quickly bolted out of the department. (Apparently, he had his "thrill" for the day . . . :rolleyes: :p )

Sympathy like.
That's really gross... :depressed:

Cesar R M

Sympathy like.
It's just an amazing night and day difference between what you used to be able to purchase at Disney shops and what is available for purchase now, and how few specialty shops are even left. The specialty stuff is still there at certain places, but, not nearly like it used to be.
Take Main Street USA, as just one example.
Used to be pretty much all specialty shops.
I remember, in recent years, a storm squall just starting to let loose as we were approaching Casey's on the way out of the park. We ducked into Casey's, and just kept walking south inside, occasionally stopping along the way to look at some merch...what the heck?! With the exception of Casey's, the whole west side of MSUSA is just one connected, repeating, homogenized merch shop from north to south. :cyclops:

Rant over.
But, not apologizing for it. :bored: ;)
I concur, its the same things over and over and over.
At least there are still some specialized stuff infront.

donaldtoo

While over by me, I was pretty excited to only pay $2.49 per gallon. All self serve. Including the portion the government takes. (I think the price difference has more to do with taxes you pay per gallon),

Yea, I'm not even sure what our combined gas tax combination is here anymore. I used to keep up with it... :cyclops:
All I know, is when it comes to taxes, "fees", "contributions", etc., of any kind...BOHICA...Bend Over Here It Comes Again...!!!!! :joyfull: :D :bored: ;)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Thanks. I remember you saying your mom was just tossing everything...that must have been so frustrating. And your sister lives in a different state, doesn't she? Or in any case, most of it fell to you, right? I think the biggest thing for me is feeling alone because my husband and kids are already back home and so I'm stuck here by myself. I don't really feel like I have the support I need. It's just really lonely and frustrating...but I know you understand that, too. Everything gets dumped on YOU and you somehow have to juggle all the balls by yourself.

I can totally relate to you. 2 days before my Dad passed I had major car repairs and when I got the call he was going to pass I had no way of getting there and he was 1.5 hour away, a real trick to barely get there. I had to tell my Mom he passed, I had to go to my Mom and tell her, I took my Mom to pick out the service and all that and then try to arrange a convenient time for the service for my Sis' family to fly in from Ohio. We wanted him in a Military Cemetery but you can't have it both ways, either you wait until they are ready or you do your service and they ship his remains which my Sis wasn't getting. Ultimately I just Picked the things for the funeral, chose a time, chose a restaurant and boohyah kill me know if any of ya don't like it.

My Mom still has refused to go see where he has been placed into the Veterans Wall. Many have offered to take her...always an excuse. And yes she is still gleeful about everything she finds to toss. I barely grabbed recently a gold watch and cuff lings that were my Dads that he promised to my son. Her thought...he never took them. Well you never gave them to Grandson or offered them to him. I thought the pressure of my Dads illness was rightfully getting to her last year...now I seeing that isn't really it, she is kinda one flew over the cuckoo's nest. But at least I am relatively close to nuts-ville, you stuck here, oy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom