The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
I do night terrors. They come in clusters and usually in spurts when I'm very stressed and mixed with insomnia or total lack of adequate sleep. My night terrors leave me rattled and I always always remember them. Most dreams leave my memory very quickly if I wake at all so my night terrors are a totally different animal.
Sympathy like. I hope the rest of 2017 is better for you. Prayers and pixie dust

MySmallWorldof4

That is definitely part of it. Most of the things you can't get in the brick and mortar locations anymore are available online. I remember much of our merch also getting replaced by newer IP merch, such as Marvel, Doc McStuffins, Princess Sofia, etc., etc., etc.
Also, we were required to do in-store returns of online-purchased items...and they counted against our hourly/daily sales goals...especially frustrating when happening during your managing hours...:bored:
I can remember things, such as a lady having ordered 3 different sizes of adult holiday pajamas online for three different relatives, because she didn't know their sizes, and returning the 6 that didn't fit, to our store, during one of my management shifts.
It was what it was, but, anything returned from an online purchase, we took the hit for... :cyclops:
Well that is totally unfair. What if this person happened to be from out of town and purchased the items from her home in Michigan? Did you guys get bonuses if you reached certain sales goals?

MySmallWorldof4

Sympathy like:(:(:(:( We're getting a new farmer at our local market. It's a very small farm specializing in greens :joyfull: runs and hides under large rock
We have a farmer's market in town every week. Actually Gettysburg does also, so we have no problem with fresh produce here. :)We have a lot of farms. The only problem with the farms is the lovely smell of flowers and fresh cut grass can get diminished when the farmers start spraying manure. :confused:Yes, spraying. The smell has sent my kids indoors from playing in the backyard. There is a farm behind the complex where my kids take gymnastics and the smell sometimes wafts into the building. It is just horrible.:eek::eek:

MySmallWorldof4

Do you mean spearmint leaves, or is it a liquid spearmint? How do you use it--do you put outside the house along the foundation walls? If it's outdoors, it would probably go away if it rained, I would guess. Anyway, just curious about all this.
Once at F&G festival I asked a Disney gardener how they kept bugs off plants. He said spearmint oil mixed with water.

Figgy1

Premium Member
We have a farmer's market in town every week. Actually Gettysburg does also, so we have no problem with fresh produce here. :)We have a lot of farms. The only problem with the farms is the lovely smell of flowers and fresh cut grass can get diminished when the farmers start spraying manure. :confused:Yes, spraying. The smell has sent my kids indoors from playing in the backyard. There is a farm behind the complex where my kids take gymnastics and the smell sometimes wafts into the building. It is just horrible.:eek::eek:
I've never been to the one in Gettysburg, I missed that one in my travels in and through the area:( What day(s) is it and where. Maybe with some luck I can pull off a solo "fabric buying" couple of days this summer:angelic: now how to come up with an excuse to buy quilt fabric:angelic::angelic::angelic:

Goofyernmost

Yep, that's what I've always heard...it was all about long hair getting into the filter system, just like cutoff blue jean threads doing same, thus cutoffs not allowed.
I don't think it is the issue of hair in the filter as much as years ago, and in some cases now, the drain for the circulation system was in the bottom of the pool. A large amount of long hair, still attached, could easily get sucked down into them and cause a problem if the person doesn't have the strength to pull themselves free. Another was, how can I put this nicely, BUGS, lice and so on that could , for a while at least, float on the surface and connect with someone elses hair.

MySmallWorldof4

I've never been to the one in Gettysburg, I missed that one in my travels in and through the area:( What day(s) is it and where. Maybe with some luck I can pull off a solo "fabric buying" couple of days this summer:angelic: now how to come up with an excuse to buy quilt fabric:angelic::angelic::angelic:
It is in the downtown circle area. They call it the square, by the Gettysburg Hotel. It starts up again next Saturday. 7am-noon. There was one at the Gettysburg Outlet center but it moved. Here is a link. http://agmap.psu.edu/Businesses/index.cfm?fid=5719

MySmallWorldof4

Do you know of the store called "The Sewing Place"? They sell loads of fabric and quilting supplies. It is on route 30 west of Gettysburg.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom