The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

So do you remember the anticipation of the Sears Christmas Wish Book? The hours we spent looking through, dog-earing and paperclipping pages.
764e7becc71dfdcf74ab45e052e99640.jpg

Or the choking hazard Poly Pocket mini doll sets?
ade80323d14a11f3d3c7a41b62c72389.jpg

Or do you remember the Original Cabbage Patch Kid dolls that turned the early 80s into a Christmas nightmare?
8d853a31ef01a6e50cfddcb674941f7e.jpg

Or remember the days gone bye of square scooters-gone because too many students lacked the coordination not to fall off and get concussed.
d4f3f578eb2997233b848df260f007ec.jpg

Or remember the unique Mr. Rogers?
6232f60728c0b20e84dd9371fd55b41a.jpg

Or do you remember the later questionable formula Tab soft drink that disappeared quietly?
7a084e4e91f6487c3f475520b05b69e1.jpg
All but 3-ish, this time...

I think I vaguely remember the Sears Christmas Wish book, but, I don't seem to remember the square scooters or the questionable formula Tab, at all... :cyclops:

donaldtoo

Sympathies. My truck needs some work and I am procrastinating. So freak'n expensive.

We had one car-not gone all that long ago that had a battery mounted where you had to remove half the guts of the car to get to. Now tell me that wasn't deliberate. Frustrating.

One of my BrotherILs had a Chrysler Sebring convertible several years back...You had to remove the drivers side rear wheel to get to the battery compartment. :cyclops: :bored:

donaldtoo

I loved the part where they were looking at a house to buy and while they stood there a plane crashed into it. Robin was ecstatically happy and yelled out.... "All right, it's pre-disastered". There were some other parts that I thought were funny too, but, as I recall, not suitable for a family discussion board.

Yep, there were definitely some pretty funny moments in it, as well.
Just kind of quirky little flick, all the way around.

93boomer

Premium Member
So do you remember the anticipation of the Sears Christmas Wish Book? The hours we spent looking through, dog-earing and paperclipping pages.
764e7becc71dfdcf74ab45e052e99640.jpg

Or the choking hazard Poly Pocket mini doll sets?
ade80323d14a11f3d3c7a41b62c72389.jpg

Or do you remember the Original Cabbage Patch Kid dolls that turned the early 80s into a Christmas nightmare?
8d853a31ef01a6e50cfddcb674941f7e.jpg

Or remember the days gone bye of square scooters-gone because too many students lacked the coordination not to fall off and get concussed.
d4f3f578eb2997233b848df260f007ec.jpg

Or remember the unique Mr. Rogers?
6232f60728c0b20e84dd9371fd55b41a.jpg

Or do you remember the later questionable formula Tab soft drink that disappeared quietly?
7a084e4e91f6487c3f475520b05b69e1.jpg
All but the square scooters. Our DD didn't take her cabbage patch dolls with her when she went to college and then moved on and got married. There are two shelves in my basement with those dolls.

Figgy1

Premium Member
So, Yesterday started as a nice day. And then we got nailed not once, not twice, but four times by torrential down pour, thunder, lightening, and hail. During one, my DH called. He works a few towns over, and didn't know what I was talking about. Street flooded, make shift pond open for ducks. And, as an added bonus, I now have a coyote roaming about, at 4 in the afternoon. It looked like he was stalking a particular yard. So, need to be mindful of that with our pup.

@Gabe1 Did you get a hit, or miss?

And for good measure, right now, 48, real feel 42.
Sympathy like. I have a few groundhog steaks in my freezer, need any?

Figgy1

Premium Member
I agree. It has seemed to move over more and more to costume jewelry which I never have worn. Before there was a good balance.
The costume stuff wasn't even interesting.:mad:I have a favorite costume pair of earrings from WOD(and a spare gotten on a later trip) that I wear quite often. Almost every trip the boys have purchased me something(mostly charms) from the costume department and even they couldn't find anything.:(

Figgy1

Premium Member
It was the best of days, it was the worst of days. Today was almost perfect a bit cool to be perfect but not bad:joyfull: I went walking with a few friends, saw some cute furry creatures, ducks and geese and our local bald eagle:joyfull: then the boys got home. James announced that a group of his buddies from chorus were going to see B&TB tonight because all chorus members got coupons for tonight:joyfull: of course I can't go because I have to get my dh up and then pick up my other ds. I don't want to wait to see it when it comes out on DVD:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

MySmallWorldof4

It was the best of days, it was the worst of days. Today was almost perfect a bit cool to be perfect but not bad:joyfull: I went walking with a few friends, saw some cute furry creatures, ducks and geese and our local bald eagle:joyfull: then the boys got home. James announced that a group of his buddies from chorus were going to see B&TB tonight because all chorus members got coupons for tonight:joyfull: of course I can't go because I have to get my dh up and then pick up my other ds. I don't want to wait to see it when it comes out on DVD:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
The old thermometer hit 86 here today.:cool:
You definitely need to catch B&TB on the big screen. Hope you can get a chance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom