The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Since I was a baby I had real jewelry. It was a family thing long before I really had any grasp on real from costume. I have an allergy problem with metals. No matter what the quality I can't wear pierced earrings. That has become worse over the years.

Rings almost as bad, costume kinda eats through my skin. Silver and me seem to hate each other. The only costume jewelry I can get away with is a loose bracelet or a necklace worn for a few hours. I guess the upside is I have enough real jewelry (most of which lives in a safety deposit box cause it so isn't me) that I guess I'm not missing out on much. I have a two carat diamond ring that has been sitting in a safety deposit box for the better part of a decade save a couple of occasions. I always wanted a few Disney pieces but what I could wear was so out of whack price wise. Frustrating.
Just wondering, is it real silver? could be that most of your jewerly have the bad combination of nickel-silver plating?

donaldtoo

I better do this while I still can't fall asleep, 'cause I probably won't be able to reply to it until tomorrow evening, as we have a site visit at lunch.
OK, so first, I need to revise it to only 13...!!!!! :joyfull: ;)
And, as all my information in my profile and posts have always indicated, I've only ever been to WDW 8 times, and DL 5.
I have not been to WDW once or twice a year for around 25-ish years for mostly about 2 weeks at a time.
That may have a bit to do with it. ;)
So, the numbers go like this...
7, 10, 13, 14, 15, 16, 27, 30, 33, 34, 36, 44, and 46.
As you always say, funny thing about surveys/statistics...they can be set up however the creator wants.
It was titled "Disney Super Fans" not "Disney WDW Super Fans".
Replace some of those with ones like...
"Owned or read a Disney Imagineering book",
"Owned or read a Walt Disney biography",
"Stayed in One Man's Dream for over an hour",
"Learned to draw a Disney character competently, over and over again", etc., etc., etc.,
Bottom line...
Even though I've yet to have a Mickey Bar (which, admittedly, I need to fix :oops: ;)), I'm as much a Disney fan as the next person...!!!!!!! :joyfull: :happy: :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
I know. :(

Everything here anyhow is very green, some trees are trying to bud but if you step into that pretty grass your sinking into mush at least 4 inches or so. Our Riverwalk is still under water.

I want to ride my Bike!
Sympathy like

Since I was a baby I had real jewelry. It was a family thing long before I really had any grasp on real from costume. I have an allergy problem with metals. No matter what the quality I can't wear pierced earrings. That has become worse over the years.

Rings almost as bad, costume kinda eats through my skin. Silver and me seem to hate each other. The only costume jewelry I can get away with is a loose bracelet or a necklace worn for a few hours. I guess the upside is I have enough real jewelry (most of which lives in a safety deposit box cause it so isn't me) that I guess I'm not missing out on much. I have a two carat diamond ring that has been sitting in a safety deposit box for the better part of a decade save a couple of occasions. I always wanted a few Disney pieces but what I could wear was so out of whack price wise. Frustrating.
again sympathy like. One trip the boys had some money they earned and bought me a pair of hidden Mickey earrings with what they thought was my birthstone on their own without prompting. They will always be special to me:inlove:

MySmallWorldof4

Ugh! Disney's website having tech issues. It can't pull up any of my reservations. App not working either. Darn those IT guys. No offense @Cesar R M . Maybe they need you working for them?;) By the way, speaking of computers, ds13 repaired one of our laptops. It was running so slow to the point of not running at all.:banghead: He learned how to have it go through its systems and check for bugs. Learned the hard drive was no good. So for $54 ordered a new hard drive. He took apart the computer and installed it himself, but them realized we needed all the software installed. The computer didn't come with any recovery discs so I had to order from HP. No big deal. Under $50 for that. He installed it all and lo and behold he saved us loads of cash! Yes, we can afford to go to Disney now! He was also smart enough to save all his files from his programs that were on the computer prior to removing the hard drive so more kudos to him. Yes, I am very proud of my lone boy.:happy:

MouseDreaming

The vast, vast majority of gas is self-serve here in Texas, yet the lowest price I could find in Joisey was 2.15, and the lowest in Texas is 1.99. :eek: :D

Could it be they're still finding a way to underpay their gas attendants...?! :jawdrop: ;)

http://www.advocate-news.com/busine...s-55m-for-underpaid-new-jersey-gas-attendants
While over by me, I was pretty excited to only pay $2.49 per gallon. All self serve. Including the portion the government takes. (I think the price difference has more to do with taxes you pay per gallon),

MouseDreaming

I better do this while I still can't fall asleep, 'cause I probably won't be able to reply to it until tomorrow evening, as we have a site visit at lunch.
OK, so first, I need to revise it to only 13...!!!!! :joyfull: ;)
And, as all my information in my profile and posts have always indicated, I've only ever been to WDW 8 times, and DL 5.
I have not been to WDW once or twice a year for around 25-ish years for mostly about 2 weeks at a time.
That may have a bit to do with it. ;)
So, the numbers go like this...
7, 10, 13, 14, 15, 16, 27, 30, 33, 34, 36, 44, and 46.
As you always say, funny thing about surveys/statistics...they can be set up however the creator wants.
It was titled "Disney Super Fans" not "Disney WDW Super Fans".
Replace some of those with ones like...
"Owned or read a Disney Imagineering book",
"Owned or read a Walt Disney biography",
"Stayed in One Man's Dream for over an hour",
"Learned to draw a Disney character competently, over and over again", etc., etc., etc.,
Bottom line...
Even though I've yet to have a Mickey Bar (which, admittedly, I need to fix :oops: ;)), I'm as much a Disney fan as the next person...!!!!!!! :joyfull: :happy: :)
Hello, I am a fellow member of the 13 club!

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
From the Disney College Program Alumni Page.

Time for a Test!
C8qd3wbWsAYkLRM.jpg:large

What did you score?
I'm an 8
Havent done 11 , 14 , 26 , 29 , 30 , 33 , 36 , 44

We will be doing 26 , 29 , 30 and 36 this upcoming trip

StarWarsGirl

UhHo! Color me curious. :jawdrop:
I had to send out about two dozen emails to managers yesterday because they hadn't filled out a document correctly, and I asked them to please fix it and some were, shall we say, less cooperative than others. Some were complaining, and I'm like, "You're killing the messenger here! I have no control over any of this. I'm just basically performing inventory."

One manager was starting to complain about what a headache this whole process has been, and I said, nicely, "I've been through over 100 of these files; believe me, I know.". She didn't say another word.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom