Team Cape Breton does the Vorld and the Vonder (Trip report May 1-9)

Hellooooo my lovelies!

This is the trip report to go with the pre-TR (http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=559883) for May 1-9, time divided between Pop Century and the Disney Wonder. Most things stayed the same, but let me break it down for ya.

There was Paige: 

28953_1373500231948_1665060016_8619.jpg

Erica:

28561_1374118207397_1665060024_8631.jpg

Lauren:

28953_1373498311900_1665060016_8619.jpg

And me, Kenzie:
31811_1373199504430_1665060024_8610.jpg

We’ve all known each other for ages, going to the same schools since grade school, and were pretty tight in high school. Paige, Lauren and I go to the same university (Mount Allison hollla whatttt), and Erica parties at St. FX (boooooo).

And our story begins..

sweetpee_1993

HOW COULD SOMEONE REFUSE CHILDREN DISNEY WORLD?
This is a conspiracy.

POFQ OR the Poly would be a wonderful breakk.. Erica and I have decided that next time we vaca we are staying at the Poly. Right. Like that'll happen =P Hopefully a 7 day cruise though! I need to get back on a ship and get the Dooney and Bourke Cruise Line design wristlet.. kicking myself for being a cheapie when I was there!

Eh.... Don't get me started on my brother's ex. I'll be nice since one of my nieces is a member here and does read the forums every now & then. Their mom is a small town girl & prone to habit for comfort. She's never been to Disney. She has no sense of value for what's there. :rolleyes:

Never say never, girl! Someday you & Erica will totally be all up in the Poly owning the place. :D OMG! Isn't the cruise line Dooney da bomb?! I've never even been on a cruise but I'd carry it. Oh! And last week I was in line to check out at Target and the girl in front of me had the sketch tassel Disney Dooney. We were like long lost BFFs! People were looking at us like we were nuts. It was such a fun, random moment! It's strange what you can bond with a total stranger over. :lol:

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Never say never, girl! Someday you & Erica will totally be all up in the Poly owning the place. :D OMG! Isn't the cruise line Dooney da bomb?! I've never even been on a cruise but I'd carry it. Oh! And last week I was in line to check out at Target and the girl in front of me had the sketch tassel Disney Dooney. We were like long lost BFFs! People were looking at us like we were nuts. It was such a fun, random moment! It's strange what you can bond with a total stranger over. :lol:

Hahahha unlikely about the Poly.. don't spend enough time at a hotel to pay that much for it! I'm a small town girl, too, but it's all about the bang for your buck ;)

LOVE the cruise line Dooney, and too funny about the lady at Target! You don't see a lot of the design around here, but there were so many people carrying them at the world/Airport.. even in Toronto! Someday I will be able to part with 200$ for a bag.. someday.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I bet the boys (and dog ;)) would have a great time burping and ordering pizza with you on vaca for a little while

^^^
True dat.

You should definitely consider going, especially since it's your mom's first trip. It would be a shame to miss that!

Nicole220

You girls are intense park goers. I don't think I'd be able to keep up with y'all. :lol:

Aren't romantic dates on the Poly beach aaaaamazing?! Glad you got to experience it... It's quite special. :D And you're welcome. I didn't know about it, either. Was all Luke's idea.

Also, packs are still unacceptable at 40. :lol:

maggiegrace1

You girls are intense park goers. I don't think I'd be able to keep up with y'all. :lol:

Aren't romantic dates on the Poly beach aaaaamazing?! Glad you got to experience it... It's quite special. :D And you're welcome. I didn't know about it, either. Was all Luke's idea.

Luke stole that idea from me.:D...that is my hammock...;)
Just bring a blanket next time..:):lol:

Great report ..gorgeous girls..Looking forward to the cruise part..:sohappy:

tiaragirl

Original Poster

Nahh, you totally would have kept up.. Course, you would've had to haul that yeti around. I feel that you + me + my sis + your sis would have quite the time.. many romantic dates would be had indeed.

Mom and Dad both wear one when we're at Disney =( As soon as C and I got old enough to carry our own crap Dad switched to the hands free method.. except he wears it so it's to the back, which totally defeats the purpose, making it easy to steal things like money and wallets and peppermints.

Great report ..gorgeous girls..Looking forward to the cruise part..:sohappy:

A blanket woud have been an EXCELLENT idea.. I was brushing sand off for days!

Cruise is up next! It's written on my laptop.. just need to transfer everything over and add pictures. Keep an eye out tomorrow!

Nicole220

Ah! That's right. Sorry, finals have turned my brain to goo. That is most definitely your hammock. :D

Nahh, you totally would have kept up.. Course, you would've had to haul that yeti around. I feel that you + me + my sis + your sis would have quite the time.. many romantic dates would be had indeed.
Oh my. That would be an awesome, awesome time. :cool:

Kenz said:
Mom and Dad both wear one when we're at Disney =( As soon as C and I got old enough to carry our own crap Dad switched to the hands free method.. except he wears it so it's to the back, which totally defeats the purpose, making it easy to steal things like money and wallets and peppermints.
My dad wears one, too. I feel your pain. :lol:

Btw, do you call your sister C? Or is that just short hand for the 'net? I call my sister B (even though her name doesn't start with a B...long story).

Kenz said:
Cruise is up next! It's written on my laptop.. just need to transfer everything over and add pictures. Keep an eye out tomorrow!
Booo...I'll be on the road till Saturday. The wait might kill me. Looking forward to it!

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Btw, do you call your sister C? Or is that just short hand for the 'net? I call my sister B (even though her name doesn't start with a B...long story).

Booo...I'll be on the road till Saturday. The wait might kill me. Looking forward to it!

Yeahh, Dad calls us 'C' and 'K' haha. When I want to make her angry, though, I call her Gappy.

HAVE A SAFE TRIP! And good luck tomorrow morning, you'll do great =) It's almost summa!

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Why in every ride picture you have there is some creepy ______ dude sitting alone in the back row? Your Disnosaur pic, AND Splash Mountain pics...lol

tiaragirl

Original Poster
May 6

DAY 6: So what do you think, you’re Elvis or something? Whatever.

Morning came quickly. We’d packed the night previous, as our luggage was to be picked up between 8 and 9AM to be transported to the Wonder. By 8AM, we were all awake and restless. There was a knock at exactly 815, when I let in a terrified bellhop to grab our luggage. Seriously, my curls translate to a dead poodle after I’ve slept on them.

Everyone showered and we were out by 9:40AM. We checked out right away, a painless process except for the fact that we would not be returning after our time on the ship.

28561_1374112487254_1665060024_8631.jpg

SEE YA 8440!

Pooling and shopping (and pictures!) filled up our time between checking out and being picked up by the cruise motorcoach.

28561_1374112527255_1665060024_8631.jpg

DIRTY POP.. SICK AND TIRED OF HEARIN’ ALL THESE PEOPLE TALK ABOUT.. 
N’Sync? Anyone, anyone?

The bus came at 12:30.

28561_1374112567256_1665060024_8631.jpg

CIAO, POP-O

There were probably 4-5 families that got on at Pop, but the bus was filled completely after our stop at Caribbean Beach. We made it to Port Canaveral and checked in using the Castaway Club line, as I have cruised before. Convenient. We were on the boat at 2:30.. introduced as Team Cape Breton.

28561_1374112607257_1665060024_8631.jpg

TERMINAL

28561_1374112647258_1665060024_8631.jpg

PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER.. ITTY BITTY LIVING SPACE

28953_1373500551956_1665060016_8619.jpg

I LOVE CONFINED SPACES! SO PUMPED!

After checking out our room (only my camo luggage – picture yet to come – was there), we headed up to the Beach Blanket Buffet for some eats.

28561_1374112687259_1665060024_8631.jpg

IS THIS REAL ICE?!

After Vitney fondled the ice sculpture for a little while, and we admired the vegetables carved into flowers, we turned around.. Lo and behold our family (from the monorail Grand Floridian) were behind us! Right next in line! Well, we had QUITE the chat then, and the grandfather sufficiently embarrassed us and his grandson.. as he had apparently given him a hard time about not sitting next to the ‘pretty girls’ on the monorail. Good times.

28953_1373500431953_1665060016_8619.jpg

LOOKIN’ ROUGH ON TRAVEL DAY

As we sat outside to eat (it was nearly impossible to find seats, everyone on the ship was starving!) it started to rain. And not just rain, it was this torrential downpour thing. We hightailed it inside and sat next to our makeshift fam and ate. And ate. And ate. And then I had dessert. The food was amazing.. I’m drooling thinking about it.

Anyway, we browsed the ship after that..

28953_1373500471954_1665060016_8619.jpg

VITNEY ON THE VONDER.. SHE’S VONDERFUL

You can see the water on the deck if you look really closely.. incroyable!

After we scouted the place we headed back to the room for the requisite 330 boat drill.

28953_1373500671959_1665060016_8619.jpg

ORANGE IS SO MY COLOUR AND COMBOVER IS SO LAUREN'S HAIRSTYLE

tiaragirl

Original Poster
May 6 (cont.)

Paige and Lauren headed back to the room, while Erica and I made our way to the party on the main decks. Adventures away! It was still spitting rain, but we had a good time anyway. I love that the ship’s horn is ‘When You Wish Upon a Star’.. what a great way to set sail!

28561_1374112887264_1665060024_8631.jpg

OH HAYYY, WE ARE HARD LOOKIN’

28561_1374112927265_1665060024_8631.jpg

FAVS.

When the two of us got back to the room, Paige and Lauren had showered and lugged the rest of our bags inside. We did exceptionally well all week with the little space we truly had.. the hard part was going to the bathroom at night and not having any light to see where you were going! There were some stubbed toes.

Triton’s was first on our dining rotation. While it wasn’t officially ‘formal’ night, we wanted to dress up, and as Triton’s is a nicer-ish restaurant (by like a fingernail, mind you) we decided to go all out. Once we all looked presentable – like we ever didn’t ;) – we headed out to uncover uncharted adventures and get some sweet pix.

28561_1374113007267_1665060024_8631.jpg

28561_1374113207272_1665060024_8631.jpg

As we had been slotted in the 815PM dining time, we hit the red carpet for the Golden Mickey’s at 615. I must say, they do a truly fabulous job with the pre-show for this performance. I loved the *photographers* milling around, it makes it feel so real! I loved the show as well.. cried a few times. It’s nice to see something from the Hunchback of Notre Dame incorporated into such a performance.. when that show was at MGM it was my absolute favourite.

28561_1374113127270_1665060024_8631.jpg

GOLDEN MICKEYS!

Minnie was roaming around, so we got in line to see her in the lobby. The little cruise outfits are pretty sweet.. I can only imagine the size of the room used to store all the costumes on board!

28561_1374113247273_1665060024_8631.jpg

SHE’S DRESSED LIKE SHE’S DONE THIS BEFORE

And then it was time for Triton’s. What a nice restaurant. Our server was pretty cool and extremely friendly (would have been fun at a bar). Our drink server.. not so much, which was unfortunate. This is the point where the other three began to struggle a little with their inability to order drinks. In Canada, you can get all liquored up legally at the age of 19.
Apparently, wine with supper would have been nice. I abstain, so I have no idea what they’re talking about, haha.

28953_1373501631983_1665060016_8619.jpg

HOW ROMANTIC
I'd say 80% of people that saw us on this trip would have assumed Paige and Erica
were together. Not the case. So funny, though.

We ordered and chatted. Not going to lie, we were discussing wedding dresses and engagement rings and weddings. Yep. Detailed descriptions of the engagement rings we want. The man in the couple sitting next to us (their children weren’t at supper) probably peed himself trying not to laugh at us, but we had a good time. And, for the record, his wife had a nice rock herself.

castlecake2.0

lloks like an amazing trip!

Just wanted to leave a note about the Canada Pavilion. Its desingned to show Canada at the turn of the 19th century. Thats why it has the whole frontier and lumberjack look. Just wanted to share as I had to explain this to Canadian guests everyday I worked there. There is a reason and a story for why it looks the way it does, just like all of world showcase. There is actually a 20 page outline of its back story haha, just wanted to say!
Glad u had such an amazing time!

Brad,
Quebec

tiaragirl

Original Poster
May 6 (cont.)

Sorry for the delay! Photos wouldn't resize.. and I know you all want to see food pictures ;)

Appetizers first.. Lauren ordered escargots and Erica tried her first ever (I had had them when I did the Europe trip with the school, and Paige knew she couldn’t handle it):

28561_1374113327275_1665060024_8631.jpg

PWalk and I both had the Applewood Smoked Bacon and Wild Mushroom Tart. Wow, quite the mouthful. It was good.. I’m not one for different foods, but it was most definitely good.
Erica had the Chilled Jumbo Shrimp.

IMG_1914.jpg

MM, TARTS

Soup/salad went over slightly less well for me. I love soup, but none of the selections spoke to me, so I went for a salad. I NEVER eat salad, it makes me feel like a bunny, and the Market Green Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette truly did nothing for me. The others, however, enjoyed their Tomato and Basil Soup, and French Onion Soup.

Now, on to the main course! I got a sharp knife:

28561_1374113407277_1665060024_8631.jpg

LES POISSONS, LES POISOONS, HE HE HE, HUN HUN HUN

As I was having the Grilled Beef Tenderloin (which was absolutely fabulous by the way, I want all my green beans wrapped in bacon from now on):
IMG_1919.jpg

Paige had a salad with chicken on it that I apparently did not write the name of down:
IMG_1920.jpg

Erica had the Three-cheese Lobster Macaroni:
IMG_1921.jpg

Lauren, our vegetarian, had the Mushroom Stuffed Pasta:
IMG_1922.jpg

tiaragirl

Original Poster
May 6 (cont.)

We were SO FULL at this point that there was no way we could eat anything else.. except dessert. It’s my favourite part of every meal.. and I wish it had have been a four course dessert!

Kenzie – Chocolate Mousse:
IMG_1923.jpg

Erica – Creme Brulee:
IMG_1925.jpg

Paige – Chocolate Cheesecake (even though it was sugar free):
IMG_1924.jpg

Lauren – Ice Cream Sundae:
IMG_1926.jpg

Now that I have made you all sufficiently hungry, I will warn you that this is the night that I took the best pictures of food (mostly for my mother), so please do not expect this for all three nights!

Anyway! We were so full that you could have rolled us out of there.. and as we were heading out rolled right into our family, who happened to be on the same dining rotation as us. It really is a small world (Erica allowed me to sing this song solely for this purpose, as it was truly appropriate). We chatted for a few minutes, happy they got to see us not looking in shambles, and proceeded to the upper decks to relax like real adults.

That idea was shot down soon after we put our feet up giggling at one of the adult lounges on board. A nice Irish man came over, asked how old we were, and then asked to see our IDs. Seriously. Three 19 year olds and a 20 year old, dressed up for supper.. and we still can’t pass? That’s embarrassing. We made our way down to Studio Sea, as it was nearly 10 and almost time for Family Kareoke! Yay!

28561_1374113487279_1665060024_8631.jpg

READY FOR THE SPOTLIGHT
Except my hair.. it was hurtin' at this point

We partied along with all the children who sang something other than High School Musical and Hannah Montana (Life is a Highway? Anyone all about the Tom Cochrane version? Rascal Flatts ruined it), and got up and did some Shania Twain. That Don’t Impress Me Much. Wow, do I ever wish I had a picture, or even better, a video to scar you all with. I can’t sing to save my life. It was awesome.

Following complete humiliation, which everyone in Studio Sea appeared to enjoy, we headed to Wavebands. Um, dance party anyone? There were two other groups on the dance floor, and we were there just loving our lives. We put on quite the show.

28561_1374113607282_1665060024_8631.jpg

28561_1374113647283_1665060024_8631.jpg

WORK IT, WORK ITTTTTTTTTT.

We decided that the Cha-Cha Slide (circa grade 6 ‘socials’) was our cue to leave. We were in bed by 1230.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom