TEA/AECOM 2013 Report

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Agreed. But certain interests were grabbing a straws and using "unamed sources" to create a sense of doom over the project. None of it was true. It is a very common practice by some on these boards. Just a few weeks ago people made the new coater seem like a Test Track redux. It is all a scam.

I do find myself constantly correcting you on this. There is nothing to support that "None of it was true", it is far more likely that there were creative differences over this project then not, and I don't want to hear your "Cameron being difficult to work with is just a Meme" line, there is overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I just refered you to page 50 which comes after page 44 where a certain spirit plants seeds of doubt by referencing honor hunter. This is the genesis of the meme that Avatar was in jepordy. Never true. It was an attempt to create a sort of self-fufilling inevitability that spun out of control.
Which again is a far cry from being canceled. But wonderful try all the same....
I found the post you are referring to in the Avatar thread and it's pretty interesting if you follow back the sources. The poster is linking to a post on another site called "AVATAR Project for Animal Kingdom Officially Delayed Indefinitely" which get's it's information from an IGN article that says the Avatar project may be delayed but says NOTHING about it being delayed indefinitely.
Whoops....

jt04

I do find myself constantly correcting you on this. There is nothing to support that "None of it was true", it is far more likely that there were creative differences over this project then not, and I don't want to hear your "Cameron being difficult to work with is just a Meme" line, there is overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Not within the theme park industry and no evidence there was any friction on this project. That is just the truth. Everyone likes to demand proof from me but provide none for their outlandish claims.

Here is me in August 2012.....

Compare it to Carsland which probably cost about the same in total dollars. Then factor in Pandora will not need near the rockwork (expensive) and that labor is cheaper in Florida (cost savings) and you can start getting an idea of what we can expect. Personally I expect something on the scale of Carsland but mostly indoors.

Compare to other "insiders" claiming the project was in serious trouble at the same time. I rest my case your honor.

jt04

Which again is a far cry from being canceled. But wonderful try all the same....

Whoops....

Again, people were claiming it would be canceled not that it actually was ever in trouble in the real world. It was all lies by people who claim insider knowledge. You are in denial or approve of such tactics.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Again, people were claiming it would be canceled not that it actually was ever in trouble in the real world. It was all lies by people who claim insider knowledge. You are in denial or approve of such tactics.
Less proof, more empty words. As is usually the case. And no, bringing up Carsland or Star Wars does nothing for you or your conspiracy theories....

The Crafty Veteran

Funny, I was saying the same thing about Snow White ... a movie that came out before World War II.

Seriously, if you think Potter has lost steam, then you're losing a grasp on the obvious ... unless you think Potter 1.0 is supposed to result in annual 40% increases. Is that what you think?

I think to quote Deep Throat, people are "following the money".

I also think if they were not adding to Potter this year someone could make a valid argument IOA could lose people on next years report. The dependance of IP rights is getting ridiculous and that goes for Disney and Comcast.

Anyone know what the Frozen meet and greet does in a day compared the any parks biggest attractions?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Not within the theme park industry and no evidence there was any friction on this project. That is just the truth. Everyone likes to demand proof from me but provide none for their outlandish claims.

Here is me in August 2012.....

Compare it to Carsland which probably cost about the same in total dollars. Then factor in Pandora will not need near the rockwork (expensive) and that labor is cheaper in Florida (cost savings) and you can start getting an idea of what we can expect. Personally I expect something on the scale of Carsland but mostly indoors.

Compare to other "insiders" claiming the project was in serious trouble at the same time. I rest my case your honor.

That doesn't prove anything. The earliest articles on Pandora said it was going to be on the scale of Carsland, so no inside info there, and there is no evidence at this point that it will be "mostly indoors".

Yes, I will admit that there isn't concrete proof of conflict (although a number of different sources reported this) but anyone who thinks logically about the situation would have a hard time concluding that there wasn't conflict. WDW is know for penny pinching, they want to deliver a decent project with a little expenditure as possible. Cameron is someone with a great creative mind and large ego so will ask for the stars. Finally throw in Rhode who is very protective of "his" park. No way that these parties sit down in a room and immediately come to a happy compromise. It is not hard to believe that any party would have resorted to brinkmanship to come to an agreement.

jt04

That doesn't prove anything. The earliest articles on Pandora said it was going to be on the scale of Carsland, so no inside info there, and there is no evidence at this point that it will be "mostly indoors".

Yes, I will admit that there isn't concrete proof of conflict (although a number of different sources reported this) but anyone who thinks logically about the situation would have a hard time concluding that there wasn't conflict. WDW is know for penny pinching, they want to deliver a decent project with a little expenditure as possible. Cameron is someone with a great creative mind and large ego so will ask for the stars. Finally throw in Rhode who is very protective of "his" park. No way that these parties sit down in a room and immediately come to a happy compromise. It is not hard to believe that any party would have resorted to brinkmanship to come to an agreement.

I never claimed insider status. Far from it. But I was far more accurate than what we were being told by people considered to have reliable sources.

And you are engaging in pure speculation in the rest of your post. Evidence seems to indicate they get along perfectly. Rhode and Cameron have very similar outlooks. It sure does seem to me this project has been smooth sailing from day 1 except for the delay in the films. Probably waiting on some cool new movie making magic.

jt04

Less proof, more empty words. As is usually the case. And no, bringing up Carsland or Star Wars does nothing for you or your conspiracy theories....

You really should consider a 12 step program. Just read the Avatar thread. Or are you afraid. Keep in mind much was purged by the mods.

Heat vs Spurs has bumped you from my agenda. Nothing personal. Just more fun.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I never claimed insider status. Far from it. But I was far more accurate than what we were being told by people considered to have reliable sources.

And you are engaging in pure speculation in the rest of your post. Evidence seems to indicate they get along perfectly. Rhode and Cameron have very similar outlooks. It sure does seem to me this project has been smooth sailing from day 1 except for the delay in the films. Probably waiting on some cool new movie making magic.

So you are asking me to believe you, when you just admitted you have no inside information, but not to believe people who have proven in the past that they had access to inside information? Where is you evidence that they got along fine? The fact that thing appear to have worked out, is not proof.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
You really should consider a 12 step program. Just read the Avatar thread. Or are you afraid. Keep in mind much was purged by the mods.

Heat vs Spurs has bumped you from my agenda. Nothing personal. Just more fun.
And keep in mind you have no proof of that, save it yet again serves your own agenda. Nothing new there....

jt04

So you are asking me to believe you, when you just admitted you have no inside information, but not to believe people who have proven in the past that they had access to inside information? Where is you evidence that they got along fine? The fact that thing appear to have worked out, is not proof.

It is more proof than any rumor that there were problems. Nobody was fired. Nobody quit. And nothing was scaled back as was rumored even until a few weeks ago when some were still saying there would only be 1 attraction. The facts just are not on the side of those who have predicted doom all along. Nothing more to say really. Just a nice project being built as was originally announced.

jt04

And keep in mind you have no proof of that, save it yet again serves your own agenda. Nothing new there....

Unfortunately they do not leave behind a blank posting to show they were edited. But I understand it has to be that way from time to time.

I gave you specific examples of innacurate information concerning the project. They do not meet some imaginary standard in your own mind as proof. Nothing more I can do. You have blinders firmly in place.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Unfortunately they do not leave behind a blank posting to show they were edited. But I understand it has to be that way from time to time.

I gave you specific examples of innacurate information concerning the project. They do not meet some imaginary standard in your own mind as proof. Nothing more I can do. You have blinders firmly in place.
Whatever smooths over your inability to support your claims, I suppose....

WDWLover#1

Well numbers seem to only going up. Still unsure on how HS numbers went up but oh well. With increasing population and numbers, would anyone think that in the next 20 years disney will keep their parks open for 20 hours a day??

Dafid Duck

I definitely agree with the Villians land or theme park etc. but please, somewhere else besides MK. DHS might be a good place and we all know it needs TLC

Frozen land could be interesting too and as it may fit best in fantasyland, let's spread out the MK crowds out to other parks instead of just adding more and more people to MK. It's bad enough now

One thing Disney needs is more thrill rides. Imagine an entire Villain's park with the newest technology for large scale thrill rides. Not to mention doing Mickey's SCARY Halloween Party, Nightmare Before Christmas or other more mature themes. Frozen land would best fit in Fantasyland and continue to draw families there.

Dafid Duck

...Six Flags in Jackson NJ. I go once a week to see the lion cubs on the safari. I also like the water park. So I will go there about 30 times this year. But it costs only 5.00 a day as I don't buy anything there except one refill drink pass. My wife and I share the drink and we have the meal deal.

Could you imagine those types of rides with a Disney Villains theme? Roller coaster junkies the world over would be clamoring over themselves to get there. ( I don't think you would get a refill drink pass from Disney though.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom