TEA/AECOM 2013 Report

Disneyhead'71

I apologize if my statement was interpreted to imply universal was a coaster park. I think six flags in NJ is but it still has something I like, the safari. I don't know all the rides at Universal and rather than just say I won't ride certain ones I thought I would mention I think I would like spiderman. I like that you can check out the rides on the Internet before going.

I think I would like some of what universal offers. However I did have a better view of Universal before coming on these boards. I will not let the negative feelings some people cause keep me from making up my own mind. I have to say if I did not feel the way I do about not letting others influence me I would consider skipping Universal because of the negative feeling I get from some of the people here.
Universal Orlando Resort has 3 large rollercoasters between 2 parks. As a matter of fact if you compare the 2 studios parks, DHS is a much more thrill oriented park than USF. Each park has one large coaster, RnR and HRRR. RnR has a launch and 3 inversions. HRRR doesn't have a launch or loops. USF doesn't even have a 13 story drop tower.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The project was announced by Iger in 2011. The oldest thread in the Pandora forum is spring of 2012. There was a full year of discussion about the viability of the project. That is until it was announced in the NY Times. I have no intention of wading through that year-long debate. But if you are really interested you will search out the answers yourself. Unless you want to compensate me for doing your work for you. Doubt you have the means.
His means are irrelevant, but here's another example of you changing the argument. He asked you for proof of when someone said Pandora was canceled, not about the dates of either the announcement or the first threads about the project, neither of which has anything to of someone saying the project had been cancelled. Which you know occurred well after both....

Skip

The project was announced by Iger in 2011. The oldest thread in the Pandora forum is spring of 2012. There was a full year of discussion about the viability of the project. That is until it was announced in the NY Times. I have no intention of wading through that year-long debate. But if you are really interested you will search out the answers yourself. Unless you want to compensate me for doing your work for you. Doubt you have the means.

...so let me get this straight. You refuse to provide evidence to support your argument (which is making some pretty bold assumptions and accusations against the membership here), unless I pay you? Yikes. Sorry buddy, once again, the burden of proof is on you, not me. I read those discussions, and I know you're wrong. If you want to prove me otherwise (since you are the one making the claim), be my guest. Otherwise... well, I'll continue living with the sane.

Probably the same people who told us Uni's third gate announcement was near. A long time ago.

Same question as last time: who actually said that? At this point you're literally making stuff up.

Disneyhead'71

wow... lol

Disney Springs is going to be great....I have no doubt. Sure it takes construction but you can't have it both ways ya know (want change but don't want construction)
Construction 8 years ago when they ply boarded the place up would have been the prudent and acceptable course of action. But I do understand that pointing out that Disney f'd up hard makes one persona non grata around these parts.

I'm ok with that.

jt04

His means are irrelevant, but here's another example of you changing the argument. He asked you for proof of when someone said Pandora was canceled, not about the dates of either the announcement or the first threads about the project, neither of which has anything to of someone saying the project had been cancelled. Which you know occurred well after both....

Nobody said it was canceled. This is why I won't discuss this with you. You do what you accuse others of. It was claimed to be in development gridlock among other claims. This was never remotely true. There was no infighting, there was no scaling back to a CMM type land. All of it was claimed as fact and none of it was true. PM Steve. He follows this stuff intently.

WDWDad13

Construction 8 years ago when they ply boarded the place up would have been the prudent and acceptable course of action. But I do understand that pointing out that Disney f'd up hard makes one persona non grata around these parts.

I'm ok with that.

No they would have f'ed up if they built that...instead they are doing something WAY bigger and better. I know it won't matter what they do you will still find problems with it...but I'm going to DTD right now to enjoy it, yep...construction at all. Enjoy your couch or wherever you are...I'll drink one for ya ;)

seascape

Well, what about all those so called "insiders" who were saying Huperion Wharf was dead. They were obviously lying and just trying to make Disney look bad. Announcing HW was obviously a brilliant smokescreen to throw off the "insiders" on the real Disney Springs plan. TDO had planned all along to let 1/3 of DTD sit ply boarded up for 8 years. The entire plan is genius. And only a UniTard would fail to see the blinding brilliance.
Did Disney take too long to develop a Disney Springs? Yes. Is Disney Springs everything I'd like? No. I would have loved a theater to show live Disney Broadway Plays. That said I think it will be great for those staying on property and those who live in the area. Unlike city walk parking is free and like city walk there will be lots of entertainment, in fact more than city walk. Was it worth the wait? It doesn't matter. It will be here soon and I will go once or twice a year during my visits. My wife loves to shop and buy things.

jt04

...so let me get this straight. You refuse to provide evidence to support your argument (which is making some pretty bold assumptions and accusations against the membership here), unless I pay you? Yikes. Sorry buddy, once again, the burden of proof is on you, not me. I read those discussions, and I know you're wrong. If you want to prove me otherwise (since you are the one making the claim), be my guest. Otherwise... well, I'll continue living with the sane.

Same question as last time: who actually said that? At this point you're literally making stuff up.

Do a half measure and I will be happy to help you. Find the first Avatar thread from 2011 when Iger made the announcement. I will take it from there.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Nobody said it was canceled. This is why I won't discuss this with you. You do what you accuse others of. It was claimed to be in development gridlock among other claims. This was never remotely true. There was no infighting, there was no scaling back to a CMM type land. All of it was claimed as fact and none of it was true. PM Steve. He follows this stuff intently.
Again you are wrong. I am nearing 15000 post, every single one can't be right. I still say that if Legoland was not greenlit, you likely would have seen investment elsewhere. Even Steve does not have access to that sort of inside baseball.

People did claim DTD was dead after HW was shelved and suggested PI be reopened. And they also claimed Pandora was not happening. Some with qualifiers, some not.

The fact is that there are cranes all over WDW and more to come as I always said it would happen. Period. End
of conversation.
You really can't keep your stories straight, can you?

And checking with Steve doesn't seem to work too well for you, seeing how you'll keep believing in your own personal load of b#ll#cks....

jt04

Nobody said it was canceled. This is why I won't discuss this with you. You do what you accuse others of. It was claimed to be in development gridlock and would never happen among other claims. This was never remotely true. There was no infighting, there was no scaling back to a CMM type land. All of it was claimed as fact and none of it was true. PM Steve. He follows this stuff intently.

jt04

You really can't keep your stories straight, can you?

And checking with Steve doesn't seem to work too well for you, seeing how you'll keep believing in your own personal load of b#ll#cks....

People claiming it would not happen is not the same as saying they had proof it was canceled. That is why I kept saying I would be at the ribbon cutting (long before Jimmy) to mock those who were saying it was not happening (in their opinion).

One claim was Iger was leaving (the previous date) and the new CEO would not let it go forward.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
People claiming it would not happen is not the same as saying they had proof it was canceled. That is why I kept saying I would be at the ribbon cutting (long before Jimmy) to mock those who were saying it was not happening (in their opinion).

One claim was Iger was leaving (the previous date) and the new CEO would not let it go forward.
You're now trying to parse "not happening" and "canceled" as if you can somehow justify that they mean completely different things. But, like your next trip to WDW, it's all in your imagination....

jt04

You're now trying to parse "not happening" and "canceled" as if you can somehow justify that they mean completely different things. But, like your next trip to WDW, it's all in your imagination....

Some claimed it was not happening. Of course this being the news and rumors section in an on-line anonymous forum the minutes of meetings are rarely provided. They claimed it as their opinion based on "inside" knowledge and were proven wrong. Which is why they choose to never discuss the land anymore. I guess they are feeling a bit humbled by it all. Or something.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Some claimed it was not happening. Of course this being the news and rumors section in an on-line anonymous forum the minutes of meetings are rarely provided. They claimed it as their opinion based on "inside" knowledge and were proven wrong. Which is why they choose to never discuss the land anymore. I guess they are feeling a bit humbled by it all. Or something.
Or some didn't claim that, or claim it was canceled, and you're just trying to use those alleged comments to burnish your role as Defender of All That is WDW Without Having to Visit There. Either way, unless you can prove your own allegations, it's just another trip down B#ll#cks Lane....

CDavid

Of course this being the news and rumors section in an on-line anonymous forum the minutes of meetings are rarely provided.

Actually a record of forum threads and discussions does indeed exist, and if you use the search feature, you should be able to find the documentation to back up your assertions in a reasonable amount of time.

wow so much I could debate in that lol. Not worth it

I hope you are having a great time in Walt Disney World, in all seriousness. But when you find the time, I would honestly like to read what you take issue with in my post to which you are referring. I am not sure which of the main points is open to debate, because WDW is indeed far larger than Universal, and it actually does require a greater level of investment to support a larger resort complex.

Most people are not afraid of facts.

I think all most of us are asking are that you provide such facts - some sort of documentation - to support the claims you are making.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

The only way those two things could be different is if people claimed an Avatar land would never happen, BEFORE it was announced. Once announced, there are really only two possible outcomes, it opens or it get's canceled.

Disneyhead'71

No they would have f'ed up if they built that...instead they are doing something WAY bigger and better. I know it won't matter what they do you will still find problems with it...but I'm going to DTD right now to enjoy it, yep...construction at all. Enjoy your couch or wherever you are...I'll drink one for ya ;)
I'll be at Emeril's Orlando in about an hour having my own drink.

jt04

Actually a record of forum threads and discussions does indeed exist, and if you use the search feature, you should be able to find the documentation to back up your assertions in a reasonable amount of time.

Found nothing from 2011. You claim it exists. Prove it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom