TEA/AECOM 2013 Report

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Universal

I take the train every day to work. This morning there were a group of 20 year olds talking about a universal and what they don't like about it and why they don't want to go see HP2 even though the love Harry Potter. they just don't like the feel of the 2 parks because they are so crowed and there is no room. Take this for what it's worth. I know those with universal colored glasses will attack me and say it's not true and that no one could feel that way but it's true.

Also as far as market share goes Disney will gain market share every year from 2016 to 2021. Universal will pick up a little.this year then it will stay equal for a couple of years and then once Disney expansions start coming on line in 2016 and on Disney share will increase.

Now for the attacks to begin.

Yeah, no one goes to Universal anymore, it's to crowded. :)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Universal

I take the train every day to work. This morning there were a group of 20 year olds talking about a universal and what they don't like about it and why they don't want to go see HP2 even though the love Harry Potter. they just don't like the feel of the 2 parks because they are so crowed and there is no room. Take this for what it's worth. I know those with universal colored glasses will attack me and say it's not true and that no one could feel that way but it's true.

Also as far as market share goes Disney will gain market share every year from 2016 to 2021. Universal will pick up a little.this year then it will stay equal for a couple of years and then once Disney expansions start coming on line in 2016 and on Disney share will increase.

No one's attacking anyone, unless differing opinions are what you consider personal attacks. But the opines of one group of "20 year olds" is about as likely to be a prevailing opinion as WDW expansions or even monorail ones....

Tony Perkis

Universal

Wait, so Universal won't build a third gate because some people on a train in New Jersey said it's too crowded?

Firstly, I highly doubt your story being true to begin with.

Secondly, I don't understand the logic in this post at all. At all.

seascape

No one's attacking anyone, unless differing opinions are what you consider personal attacks. But the opines of one group of "20 year olds" is about as likely to be a prevailing opinion as WDW expansions or even monorail ones....
Talking about monorail which everyone knows Wil not be expanded is crazy. Do you really think it upsets anyone?

As for the parks and how they will do no one knows with 100 percent certainty but you can be sure that when Walt Disney Land is finally built out it will be much bigger than it is today, at least twice as large. Universal will grow also but there is no way they can grow as much. After all their parent company had to settle for their second choice of parks to buy.

StageFrenzy

Talking about monorail which everyone knows Wil not be expanded is crazy. Do you really think it upsets anyone?

As for the parks and how they will do no one knows with 100 percent certainty but you can be sure that when Walt Disney Land is finally built out it will be much bigger than it is today, at least twice as large. Universal will grow also but there is no way they can grow as much. After all their parent company had to settle for their second choice of parks to buy.
You're Funny, End Stop .

Never let anyone tell you that you aren't.

tirian

Walt Disney Land sounds like a fun place. Where is it?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Anyone? No. Just certain individuals in particular....

jdmdisney99

Actually, Universal has a possible plan for future expansion which would also more than double their size...
Slide1.JPG

seascape

I am so sorry I typed wrong. It does not change facts. Universal while a nice park and a great place to visit does not have the land to come close to WDW. That is a fact and even the CEO said he would like to get to the size of 10,000 hotel rooms. WDW already has over 30,000 on property and will wind up with over 30,000 more before they are finished. In fact Disney owns more property outside of WDW than Universal owns in orange county. The land you claim they can expand on is not owned by them and is as crazy an idea as those who say Orlando will give them the school across the street from Universal and that the neighbors on the golf course by the school will just let Universal do whatever they want including lowering their property value. After all everyone in Orlando just loves Universal.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Actually, Universal has a possible plan for future expansion which would also more than double their size...
View attachment 56174
To my uneducated eye, that land looks too swampy to support a theme park. But where there's a wallet, there's a way.
Stop with the facts. They're devastating to Jimmy Thick's argument!
Don't say that name! If you say it three times in a row it's said he'll return!

seascape

Wait, so Universal won't build a third gate because some people on a train in New Jersey said it's too crowded?

Firstly, I highly doubt your story being true to begin with.

Secondly, I don't understand the logic in this post at all. At all.
Universal will not build a third gate until after the build 2 more parks in Asia. As for your views in the truth I expected it for those with Universal Colored Glasses. Disney World will draw over 70 million paid guests in we we 2021. What will Universal draw? Something around 20 million.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I am so sorry I typed wrong. It does not change facts. Universal while a nice park and a great place to visit does not have the land to come close to WDW. That is a fact and even the CEO said he would like to get to the size of 10,000 hotel rooms. WDW already has over 30,000 on property and will wind up with over 30,000 more before they are finished. In fact Disney owns more property outside of WDW than Universal owns in orange county. The land you claim they can expand on is not owned by them and is as crazy an idea as those who say Orlando will give them the school across the street from Universal and that the neighbors on the golf course by the school will just let Universal do whatever they want including lowering their property value. After all everyone in Orlando just loves Universal.
Rampant conspiracy theories abound. Why would anyone contest those, being so familiar and the like....

Tony Perkis

Universal will not build a third gate until after the build 2 more parks in Asia. As for your views in the truth I expected it for those with Universal Colored Glasses. Disney World will draw over 70 million paid guests in we we 2021. What will Universal draw? Something around 20 million.
Jimmy Thick, stahp.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom