TEA/AECOM 2013 Report

Jeffxz

Nobody said it was canceled. This is why I won't discuss this with you. You do what you accuse others of. It was claimed to be in development gridlock among other claims. This was never remotely true. There was no infighting, there was no scaling back to a CMM type land. All of it was claimed as fact and none of it was true. PM Steve. He follows this stuff intently.

Just out of curiosity, do you have a personal relationship with Steve? A lot of your posts seem to imply that information you state is coming from him or that he is always backing up your facts.

P.S. I'm not trying to get involved in any of the back and forth here, I'm just genuinely curious.

Bolna

No they would have f'ed up if they built that...instead they are doing something WAY bigger and better. I know it won't matter what they do you will still find problems with it...but I'm going to DTD right now to enjoy it, yep...construction at all. Enjoy your couch or wherever you are...I'll drink one for ya ;)

I am happy that you say you are having a great time. Maybe I am old-fashioned, but to me posting on a discussion forum while in a theme park to argue that others are too negative about Disney appears to be sign of boredom. My advice would be: Enjoy every minute of your vacation, don't bury your nose in an electronic device and come back afterwards refreshed and full of energy to take part in the discussion boards. Taking a break from them can be very nice!

CDavid

Found nothing from 2011. You claim it exists. Prove it.

A few Avatar threads from 2011:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/avatar-land-the-specifics.804238/

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/avatar-land-coming-to-disneys-animal-kingdom.803695/

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/avatar-land-your-predictions.812912/

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/avatar-land-ideas.807239/

These are just the first four Avatar related threads from 2011 I found in about 2 minutes of searching. If your claims have any basis in fact, you can find the evidence somewhere in the forum.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
but I'm going to DTD right now to enjoy it, yep...construction at all. Enjoy your couch or wherever you are...I'll drink one for ya ;)

Your at Disney World but your posting here? Great memories you are making! Ohhhhhh, living it up, my heart starts beating...

devoy1701

I'm surprised that TDL beat out Disneyland for the #2 spot. And I'm also very surprised that MK saw a 1M uptick in visitors. I'm also very surprised that DCA is still the least visited Disney park state-side.

WDWDad13

Your at Disney World but your posting here? Great memories you are making! Ohhhhhh, living it up, my heart starts beating...

yeah I've been using the MDE app, checking weather, responding to urgent work messages, and then checking the boards here while I'm in line or on the bus or something like that.

If people didn't post while in the parks we might not get up to the minute details some like some provide on here too (and I have over the past 2 weeks a few times)

It's ok....I really appreciate your concern but we're living it up just fine....we are here many times a year so we'll make it ok.

jt04

Just out of curiosity, do you have a personal relationship with Steve? A lot of your posts seem to imply that information you state is coming from him or that he is always backing up your facts.

Definitely not. I have just observed that he is a critical thinker and he does not tolerate false rumors or excessive trolling. He is also very patient and takes action on his own timetable. You won't find one instance of him propogating false rumors. He bides his time silently. And he a true professional or this site would have been sent to neverland long ago. He deserves a lot of credit.

He may never back anything I say outright. But he will not deny something or make a claim that is not true.

Disneyhead'71

Of course you will ;)
htd92r.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
yeah I've been using the MDE app, checking weather, responding to urgent work messages, and then checking the boards here while I'm in line or on the bus or something like that.

If people didn't post while in the parks we might not get up to the minute details some like some provide on here too (and I have over the past 2 weeks a few times)

It's ok....I really appreciate your concern but we're living it up just fine....we are here many times a year so we'll make it ok.
Damn, two weeks. I guess thats enough time to allow a little wdwagic posting. You know I enjoy bustin your chops. Have a good trip buddy!

jt04

You really can't keep your stories straight, can you?

And checking with Steve doesn't seem to work too well for you, seeing how you'll keep believing in your own personal load of b#ll#cks....

Digging and found this gem from you....

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any interest on the part of Lucas to bring any more of SW into the parks then there already is. And since he's come out and stated he's retiring (albeit comments he's made before), it doesn't appear he's too concerned about either his legacy or the next generation of SW fans. I think if Disney could have brought more Star Wars into the parks by now, they would have.

Everyone should read Avatar The Specifics. It is hilarious. Already found a claim on page 50 claiming a source it was not likely to happen. Unfortunately it appears the biggest dust-ups were deleted as they are often when arguments start. Fun to look back though.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any interest on the part of Lucas to bring any more of SW into the parks then there already is. And since he's come out and stated he's retiring (albeit comments he's made before), it doesn't appear he's too concerned about either his legacy or the next generation of SW fans. I think if Disney could have brought more Star Wars into the parks by now, they would have.

Everyone should read Avatar The Specifics. It is hilarious. Already found a claim on page 50 claiming a source it was not likely to happen. Unfortunately it appears the biggest dust-ups were deleted as they are often when arguments start. Fun to look back though.
And until TWDC purchased LucasFilms, there wasn't. But again, still not addressing your own argument. Not surprising in the least, since most of what you offer is comforting white noise for your own brand of prattle....

jt04

And until TWDC purchased LucasFilms, there wasn't. But again, still not addressing your own argument. Not surprising in the least, since most of what you offer is comforting white noise for your own brand of prattle....

I just refered you to page 50 which comes after page 44 where a certain spirit plants seeds of doubt by referencing honor hunter. This is the genesis of the meme that Avatar was in jepordy. Never true. It was an attempt to create a sort of self-fufilling inevitability that spun out of control.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

I found the post you are referring to in the Avatar thread and it's pretty interesting if you follow back the sources. The poster is linking to a post on another site called "AVATAR Project for Animal Kingdom Officially Delayed Indefinitely" which get's it's information from an IGN article that says the Avatar project may be delayed but says NOTHING about it being delayed indefinitely.

jt04

I found the post you are referring to in the Avatar thread and it's pretty interesting if you follow back the sources. The poster is linking to a post on another site called "AVATAR Project for Animal Kingdom Officially Delayed Indefinitely" which get's it's information from an IGN article that says the Avatar project may be delayed but says NOTHING about it being delayed indefinitely.

Agreed. But certain interests were grabbing a straws and using "unamed sources" to create a sense of doom over the project. None of it was true. It is a very common practice by some on these boards. Just a few weeks ago people made the new coater seem like a Test Track redux. It is all a scam.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom