Tan lines or it didn't happen - a (patchy) Mexican Riviera Cruise aboard the Wonder.

Hey my lovelies!

I have a teaser post for you all – it’s a busy week for me with school (three midterms, yucky). Be aware that I’d so much rather recap the trip instead!

Long story short, WONDERful time on our Mexican Riviera cruise. Despite a pesky flu bug and some windy days, the Wonder suited us perfectly. Lauren and I definitely converted Rachael – she’ll be back. The magic is contagious.

We had some awesome servers (Desmond and Monika) and Glen, our stateroom host, was a total lifesaver – not to mention trooper.. our room looked like a bomb shelter. The cast was UNREAL – performers and character interactions.. including a special surprise on the last day that you definitely want to stay tuned for. Lauren and I almost had to be sedated.

The one let down? I miss Captain Henry!

Just a little taste:

DSC00338.jpg

Adventures away!

DSC00397.jpg

Sun, please.

DSC00442.jpg

Prepare for 1800 pictures from formal night..

DSC00500.jpg

Souffle.

DSC00513.jpg

ARRR.

IMG_5917.jpg

Do you want a Mexican boyfriend? Bodyguard?

DSC00595.jpg

So much love for this background.

DSC00631.jpg

The finale you’ll never believe!

Keep an eye out early next week!

plaz10

I have a dreadfully boring morning meeting in 9 minutes. But catching up on your TR just made the morning a little better. Thanks, dear.

And I believe when I saw Good Charlotte that Something Corporate opened up for them (WIN! - not for seeing Good Charlotte in concert...thats actually quite embarassing.)

And I saw Simple Plan when they opened up for - ok it's really too embarassing to admit. It's worse than Good Charlotte - thats all I'll say. But I was in middle school (7th grade maybe) so I use that as an excuse. :lookaroun

PolynesianPrincess

Awwww I'm so bummed you were sick and had to miss 2 port days!! :( Such a bummer. But, I guess if you're sick, it's better to be on a lovely Disney cruise ship than at home in bed, am I right?

I have so many dresses that a cruise would be the perfect place the wear them. I LOVE dressing up!! Can't wait to sport some of them on the WDWMagic unofficial girls cruise next year!!

Palo sounds sooooo yummy!! And I'm sure it'd be nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of the cruise (and away from the kids!!) and have a nice quiet dinner.

Zip lining sounds soooo much fun. There's a zip lining place in New Hampshire and you go zipping through the White Mountains. I've never done it but my step-sisters have and they said it's fabulous!! Totaly makes me want to give it a try!!

Daisy really should put Donald on a leash. That duck is all over the place!!! :lol:

tiaragirl

Original Poster
I know right?! Best TR conversation started EVER. I remember seeing them in like 04 and making a shirt that was a pink tux. Good times, good times. (PS, does that mean you like Hawk Nelson too? Cuz that would be fab!)

I don't know if I've ever heard much from Hawk Nelson, but perhaps I will download on your suggestion!

My coworker's down there with his fam right now, and I'm sitting here waiting for him to come home so I can hear about his trip... especially to see if he got his DD on Star Tours for me or not! GAH.

One of my pool families leaves RIGHT after swimming lessons end - kill me, I won't get to hear about their trip (5 and 8 year old, perfect ages!). I also just went and talked with one of my references to tell her about BEd and she and her fam are planning to go NEXT spring. I just want to go as a babysitter/tour guide..

Pretty sure if I was gorgeous like you, I'd look fab when I was sicky too. :animwink: :lol:

Ohh, you charmer. I'm puking again from sweetness.

BTW.... "AND AN EMAIL OF ACCEPTANCE FOR MY BACHELOR OF EDUCATION!" !?!??!?!?!?!?!?

HOW DID YOU NOT TELL ME ABOUT THIS YET???? I am SO excited for you! ahhhhhhhh.

I'M SORRY I FOUND OUT LIKE 2 MINUTES BEFORE I POSTED. And I tried to find you on FB and you weren't thereee, I thought you'd be happy about it! Elementary teachers of the future unite? Except hopefully I'll be Psyching, not teaching..

an entire night devoted to pirates (insert whiney 5 yr old voice)"omg I wanna go on the cruise n be a pirate!!!!" I love piratey things.No but really I wanna go on the cruise so bad but yet I'm terrified to death at the same time:eek::eek: I'm loving your report but feel horrible for how you were feeling,sorry girfraaaann hopefully the next one will be much better for ya :D

Pirate night is awesome, Carrie, especially if you're into pirates! Some people go all out - it's so much fun! Don't be scared of cruising - it's really awesome and safer than driving, and they have lots of precautions =) Do it!

I have a dreadfully boring morning meeting in 9 minutes. But catching up on your TR just made the morning a little better. Thanks, dear.

And I believe when I saw Good Charlotte that Something Corporate opened up for them (WIN! - not for seeing Good Charlotte in concert...thats actually quite embarassing.)

And I saw Simple Plan when they opened up for - ok it's really too embarassing to admit. It's worse than Good Charlotte - thats all I'll say. But I was in middle school (7th grade maybe) so I use that as an excuse. :lookaroun

Haha, anything for a fellow Magic-er! I had a really boring class, so I know the drill.. why does everyday stuff have to be the worst?

YOU SAW SOMETHING CORPORATE? I seriously still love Something Corporate, even though it's total grade 10 music (goes with Dashboard Confessional and Taking Back Sunday). I also love Jack's Mannequin.. why am I so cool? Interesting contrast to my fav boys Jon (Bon Jovi) and Bruce (Springsteen) and the ever love of my life, Rise Against.

PS: you NEED to tell who they opened for..

Awwww I'm so bummed you were sick and had to miss 2 port days!! :( Such a bummer. But, I guess if you're sick, it's better to be on a lovely Disney cruise ship than at home in bed, am I right?

Exactly! And if I'd come home with the flu and had three midterms to study for, I would have been even more of a wreck! As long as there's a comfy bed and sun somewhere, you can always make the best of it.

I have so many dresses that a cruise would be the perfect place the wear them. I LOVE dressing up!! Can't wait to sport some of them on the WDWMagic unofficial girls cruise next year!!

Ah, I'm so jealous of this Cruise! I'll be in school, but I wish I could go so bad! Seeing the TR/s is going to be the worst - dress to kill, please, and think of me!

Palo sounds sooooo yummy!! And I'm sure it'd be nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of the cruise (and away from the kids!!) and have a nice quiet dinner.

Exactly! If you were with your family and you wanted a little break it would be a really nice option. Or if you just wanted to be fancy and wear more dresses =)

Zip lining sounds soooo much fun. There's a zip lining place in New Hampshire and you go zipping through the White Mountains. I've never done it but my step-sisters have and they said it's fabulous!! Totaly makes me want to give it a try!!

I know! I was jealous, I've always wanted to try it. I might get Andrew to do it with me this summer - adventurous spirits unite.

Daisy really should put Donald on a leash. That duck is all over the place!!! :lol:

A duck on a leash - there's something you don't see every day. Dogs and children, yes.. ducks - no. Then again, I'm a shameless flirter, so I love the hand kisses ;)

disneygirl1

OH NO Kenz! So sorry you were feeling under the weather.... I just got over the stomach bug, and man oh man, it was NOT fun! But I agree with the posters, you make sick look good! :ROFLOL:

plaz10

YOU SAW SOMETHING CORPORATE? I seriously still love Something Corporate, even though it's total grade 10 music (goes with Dashboard Confessional and Taking Back Sunday). I also love Jack's Mannequin.. why am I so cool? Interesting contrast to my fav boys Jon (Bon Jovi) and Bruce (Springsteen) and the ever love of my life, Rise Against.

PS: you NEED to tell who they opened for..

Oh yes...my middle school/high school music concert line up:

Death Cab for Cutie
Punchline
Taking Back Sunday
Panic! At The Disco
Mest
The Hush Sound

Gotta love that stage in my life. :lol:

And the embarassing artist...well who do you think would be the MOST embarassing artist that kind of fits into that genre? :lookaroun (yes I'm stalling for time because I don't want to admit it)

enchanted_belle

Oh yes...my middle school/high school music concert line up:

Death Cab for Cutie
Punchline
Taking Back Sunday
Panic! At The Disco
Mest
The Hush Sound

Gotta love that stage in my life. :lol:

And the embarassing artist...well who do you think would be the MOST embarassing artist that kind of fits into that genre? :lookaroun (yes I'm stalling for time because I don't want to admit it)

I wanna know toooooo. And I can't guess, cuz I don't see how you're embarrassed by any of that yet...

sweetpee_1993

2) Here's how old I am: To me "Relient K" is a car that I actually drove in the early 80's (thank you, Lee Iacocca): :cry:

250px-Plymouth_Reliant_Station_Wagon_late.jpg

My mom's was light blue and not the wagon. We drove it from our house in Orlando to Pensacola once with 5 skinny little kids smooshed into the backseat, too. That's something else you won't see nowadays because there aren't exactly 5 seatbelts on that bench seat. :lookaroun Now that I'm a mom I know why we were each given a generous dose of Dramamine before we left the house. Sleeping children can't argue or fight. :snore: The woman is a genius....

Agreeing with the others, Kenz. For a sicky you sure look pretty fab. I hate to say it but I'd suffer thru a week of full-blown stomach flu if I could come out 10 lbs. lighter. :p

Sorry you missed yet another port day. I'd have been :cry:, too. Oh yeah, I *did* my boo-hoo'ing on our Dream cruise and I wasn't even sick. :lol: Hormone-hell-week can push you over the edge, I suppose. God help us when I reach the dreaded mental-pause. :lol:

Y'all are still just the cutest ever! I think I may need to go find me a LBD for our Palo dinner night! Gonna make me a kick-a$$ pirate-y skirt for Pirate Night! Can't wait! I'm gonna so rock that baby! :cool:

Continue on! I'm so immersed!

OH! And we're actually really psyched to be doing the smaller ship (Magic) this go around because smaller=less people. Seriously. Loved the Dream but excited to experience a smaller scale. Just think, CC is gonna practically feel like a desserted haven vs. the masses that we saw there from the Dream. Right? I am, however, considering shipping a nice comforter to myself on the ship. I'm an idiot, I know. I just don't know that I'll be able to push beyond a bedspread. I hate those things with such a passion. Maybe I'll carry my Minnie quilt that I made onboard with me. :hammer:

plaz10

I wanna know toooooo. And I can't guess, cuz I don't see how you're embarrassed by any of that yet...

No. those bands listed - i'm not embarassed by them. Good Charlotte - yeah not exactly a proud moment.

But this artist...it's like...its just bad. I think so - anyway.

Also - I've seen Nsync 5 times in concert when I was really young and I've got no shame there, so that tells you that it's not very good.

Although - Kenz you being from Canada - maybe you celebrate this person...:lookaroun (there's your helpful hint!)

PolynesianPrincess

No. those bands listed - i'm not embarassed by them. Good Charlotte - yeah not exactly a proud moment.

But this artist...it's like...its just bad. I think so - anyway.

Also - I've seen Nsync 5 times in concert when I was really young and I've got no shame there, so that tells you that it's not very good.

Although - Kenz you being from Canada - maybe you celebrate this person...:lookaroun (there's your helpful hint!)

Justin Bieber?!?

sweetpee_1993

...and to think the *only* two concerts I've ever been to in my entire life were both Jimmy Buffet and I didn't pay a nickel for either one. The second when I was 18 was the best...2nd row on the floor...plus I was sober so I remember it...and didn't make out with any boys I didn't know...... :lookaroun

Is Good Charlotte considered uncool? I don't know. I sorta liked them. It all runs together nowadays. I can tell you what I don't like, this Call of Duty crazy speed metal stuff Chandler listens to with all the odd screaming and growling. He wants to listen to it in the car and it makes me feel like I'm about to jump out of my skin and hurt somebody. :lol:

mamamouse

OMg sweetpea I know what ure talking bout my hubby listens to that junkola too n then he laughs at me when i refer to it as "the rah rah rah kill ur mother eat ur grandpa noise":ROFLOL:

plaz10

Robin Sparkles?? :ROFLOL:

OMG ID BE SO HAPPY TO SEE ROBIN SPARKLES.

No joke - I was making a calendar of events for my clients at work and there is this conference thing at the mall and I titled it "Let's go to the mall..TODAY." :ROFLOL:

[P.S. Sorry Kenzie, love for hijacking this thread with old music talk. ]

enchanted_belle

No joke - I was making a calendar of events for my clients at work and there is this conference thing at the mall and I titled it "Let's go to the mall..TODAY." :ROFLOL:

:sohappy::sohappy: I KNEW IT WAS HER! :sohappy:

:lol:
And I hope Kenzie doesn't mind too much, do ya Kenz?

tiaragirl

Original Poster

AVRIL, IS IT AVRIL?

If it is, then that's not embarrassing.. her first album was awesome, it's the ones that came after that are terrible..

vcstr

Oh I hope it was Avril. That's not so bad! I really loved early Avril, although I never saw her in concert.

I did see Simple Plan though and I'm not even ashamed to admit that I saw Panic! last summer - sadly at 20 at the time my friends and I were some of the oldest ones in the audience. The 19+ section was almost empty and many of the people around us actually had their parents take them to the show. Strange feeling :lookaroun

tiaragirl

Original Poster
My mom's was light blue and not the wagon. We drove it from our house in Orlando to Pensacola once with 5 skinny little kids smooshed into the backseat, too. That's something else you won't see nowadays because there aren't exactly 5 seatbelts on that bench seat. :lookaroun Now that I'm a mom I know why we were each given a generous dose of Dramamine before we left the house. Sleeping children can't argue or fight. The woman is a genius....

She sounds like a smart one - you'd never get away with that now! How long of a drive is that? Carly and I can't even make it to Halifax in the F150 without getting into space wars.. and the new truck is MASSIVE.

Agreeing with the others, Kenz. For a sicky you sure look pretty fab. I hate to say it but I'd suffer thru a week of full-blown stomach flu if I could come out 10 lbs. lighter.

Ahahah, I actually refrained from mentioning this earlier, but it's like - I ate my face off the first two and last two days, but the middle three I either threw it all up or couldn't eat much - so I came back basically the same weight as I left! Bonus?

Sorry you missed yet another port day. I'd have been :cry:, too. Oh yeah, I *did* my boo-hoo'ing on our Dream cruise and I wasn't even sick. :lol: Hormone-hell-week can push you over the edge, I suppose. God help us when I reach the dreaded mental-pause.

Trust me, I shed many a tear - I didn't need the missing-port-days cry to put me over the edge. I'm such a sucker. Oh, there's a little kid meeting MIckey for the first time, she's so excited! Oh, there are children dancing with Goofy, they're so adorable! Oh, Tink just covered the ship in pixie dust! Oh, I wish the fam was here to watch the Golden Mickeys with me! Oh, it's the Hunchback, Quasi I love you! ...Need I continue? And I'd like to say that it had to do wth hormone-hell-week - and I did mix my system up a little to permit 24/7 bathing suits - but mostly it's jsut my personality. Emotional basket case, holla.

Y'all are still just the cutest ever! I think I may need to go find me a LBD for our Palo dinner night! Gonna make me a kick-a$$ pirate-y skirt for Pirate Night! Can't wait! I'm gonna so rock that baby! :cool:

This thrills me. You have to TR...

Continue on! I'm so immersed!

OH! And we're actually really psyched to be doing the smaller ship (Magic) this go around because smaller=less people. Seriously. Loved the Dream but excited to experience a smaller scale. Just think, CC is gonna practically feel like a desserted haven vs. the masses that we saw there from the Dream. Right? I am, however, considering shipping a nice comforter to myself on the ship. I'm an idiot, I know. I just don't know that I'll be able to push beyond a bedspread. I hate those things with such a passion. Maybe I'll carry my Minnie quilt that I made onboard with me. :hammer:

Smaller and less people, both can be good things! It might also be less busy because everyone tries to get on the new ships? Which would also be beneficial. Are you going to do better at CC this time around, my dear? You can be a beach girl, embrace it! Comforter would be ideall.. I'm glad I'm not the only one that needs weight when I sleep. I asked Glen to bring a few extra blankets. If I can't be snuggling someone large and warm in a single bed, I need BLANKETS.

...and to think the *only* two concerts I've ever been to in my entire life were both Jimmy Buffet and I didn't pay a nickel for either one. The second when I was 18 was the best...2nd row on the floor...plus I was sober so I remember it...and didn't make out with any boys I didn't know...... :lookaroun

Is Good Charlotte considered uncool? I don't know. I sorta liked them. It all runs together nowadays. I can tell you what I don't like, this Call of Duty crazy speed metal stuff Chandler listens to with all the odd screaming and growling. He wants to listen to it in the car and it makes me feel like I'm about to jump out of my skin and hurt somebody. :lol:

You were a wild one, I feel - I just want to sit down and for you to tell me your life story, because you were definitely way cooler than me, making out with all those boyz. Good Charlotte is like, borderline? I was never into them (I feel like my parents didn't approve or something) but that whole emo thing got a bad wrap after awhile. I still have one or two Good Charlotte songs on my iPod - summer sing along songs! And slit wrists are better than harming others.. so keep listening to the emoz, please. Tell Chandler if you can't sing along, it doesn't belong in a vehicle!

Hijack away, I'm really enjoying this - everyone remembers different things - it's like bein' back when I had no bangs and was in love with boys in the English classes that never spoke to me!

... I forgot about her... which is sad, considering the amount of times I've seen her in concert without choice :lookaroun

Whatt, I totally would go see Avril if I could go for free and she only sang songs from Let Go..

Oh I hope it was Avril. That's not so bad! I really loved early Avril, although I never saw her in concert.

I did see Simple Plan though and I'm not even ashamed to admit that I saw Panic! last summer - sadly at 20 at the time my friends and I were some of the oldest ones in the audience. The 19+ section was almost empty and many of the people around us actually had their parents take them to the show. Strange feeling :lookaroun

I would see Simple Plan now, just to fulfill my grade 8 self's dream - They had some catchy songs. And so did Panic! though I haven't heard anything about them in ages.. I find it hard to believe that there were mostly younguns at the concert though.. some of that stuff had adult messages for sureee.

enchanted_belle

Hijack away, I'm really enjoying this - everyone remembers different things - it's like bein' back when I had no bangs and was in love with boys in the English classes that never spoke to me!

Whatt, I totally would go see Avril if I could go for free and she only sang songs from Let Go..

I would see Simple Plan now, just to fulfill my grade 8 self's dream - They had some catchy songs. And so did Panic! though I haven't heard anything about them in ages.. I find it hard to believe that there were mostly younguns at the concert though.. some of that stuff had adult messages for sureee.

You were in love with the boys in your class... I was in love with the men in my English class novels. MMMMM Darcy. :kiss: hehehehe.

And, yeah.. she opened up for the Jo Bros when I saw them, and then she was at a concert I went to this past winter with Kelly Clarkson and a bunch of awesome peoples.

I liked her at the very beginning, but then she changed into a wannabe popstar, so Leah and I started calling her a poser. :lol:

I would LOVE to see Panic! WDWMagic girls trip? hehe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom