Stitch's Great Escape TEST RUN!

dxwwf3

NemoRocks78 said:
My review will be coming soon in a photo update. Let's just say that I was not a happy camper for the rest of the day..... ;)

If you weren't a happy camper, then how do you think I would feel if I decided to see it? :lol:

I'm interested to read your review. Hopefully you think that the attraction will be liked by the kids. That's really how we can determine if SGE is a success or not.

DDuckFan130

Piebald said:
Aww man....I'm going with my girlfriends family to Disney next month and originally we were gonna go the weekend before Thanksgiving (after SGEs grand opening) but now her parents are deciding to go the weekend of November 11th. I was real excited to go on SGE and even more excited cause she has never even been to MK or WDW for that matter. Is there a chance this will be open by then or what? The reason for the rescheduling is REAL dumb so if it isnt open by then I'd be upset. I hope it is...!
Hey I'm going that weekend too :wave:. Hopefully we'll get to experience the attraction!!

Bagheera

s25843 said:
Probally won't happen, if they were still strict about pictures the days before AE closed, it will be even worse now that it is a new ride..
Ssssshhhhh. Go to MousePlanet tomorrow morning. :lookaroun

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I also got some photos yesterday....the CMs weren't even paying attention, and the ones that were didn't seem to care. However, they didn't come out very good, since I was walking while I took them and I wasn't using flash.

Figment1986

so... the phots you got had no flash.. (easily fixed with paintshop) and were blury(i junk those)

Darn.. I am waiting for the photos....

Gla people are enjoy this.... oh and for big brother... I want free tickets.. hehe J/K
send them to my addy.. you have it on file :lookaroun

DDuckFan130

I just read a review of SGE by Len Testa on Deb Wills' site. His opinion of the attraction was uh, less than stellar to say the least :lol: :rolleyes:.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
DDuckFan130 said:
I just read a review of SGE by Len Testa on Deb Wills' site. His opinion of the attraction was uh, less than stellar to say the least :lol: :rolleyes:.

This paragraph says it all..... *some SPOILERS ahead*

I left the theater stunned. It's immediately obvious that the story behind the attraction doesn't work. Guests are never given a reason to empathize with Stitch, so it's difficult to root for him during his escape attempt. We're never told why he's a prisoner or what crime he's committed. (Maybe they should have beamed him to Guantanamo Bay instead of Walt Disney World?) If he's so dangerous, why is a theme park an acceptable prison alternative? And are we really supposed to believe that a civilization advanced enough to master teleportation isn't smart enough to have a backup generator for power outages?

That is one of my major complaints as well. :wave:

PeeplMoovr

I got to ride it yesterday (10/24). While I'm sure some will like it, I was not impressed at all. I made me really miss AE, and I wasn't what you'd call an AE fanatic, although I did like the ride, humor, and storyline of AE. I suppose young kids will like this attraction, though, and I guess after seeing this attraction "Fantasyland East" is what Disney is aiming for, so it'll probably work in that context. When I got off Philharmagic when it opened I said "wow". With this I said "where to now?". This is not an attraction meant to appeal to adults in the slightest, in my opinion.

I did see some X-S Tech logos. One was in some of the pre-show mechanical thingies just before you enter the chamber to be seated. For me, that was the highlight of the experience. On the bright side, the animatronics throughout the attraction were excellent.

Other than the animatronics, I'd say this attraction is on par with the Disney "sequel" straight-to-video movies they've been releasing these past few years.
I don't think I'll be visiting the attraction again, unfortunately. Others might find it more appealing, of course.

Unfortunately, the storyline and wit of the imagineers took a big leap backwards with this one as compared to AE. I found AE to be witty and intelligent. This one goes for potty humor (the new SIR - or SARGE - "wets" himself", and the rest of the attraction doesn't go much above this level of humor)

Between Buzz and SGE, I'd say the transformation of Tomorrowland to Fantasyland East is nearly complete.

(sorry for the negativity - guess I was hoping for much more)

DDuckFan130

NemoRocks78 said:
This paragraph says it all..... *some SPOILERS ahead*

That is one of my major complaints as well. :wave:

Yeah I figured that would be a complaint. I'm still excited about seeing it because Stitch is one of my favorite characters and I actually watch the series on the Disney Channel :rolleyes:. With AE, I loved it the first couple of times and if we had time maybe we would experience it again. But for myself and the people I would go with, it was never really on the "must-do" list, except to see Skippy :D. Since Skippy is still intact in SGE, I'm excited about seeing him as well. Don't know yet what my opinion of the attraction we will see.

Jekyll

Stitch is supposed to be the most expensive AA in disney history. This beg one more question. Is he called Stitch or Experiment 626?

dxwwf3

Well like I said before this one is shaping up to follow in AE's footsteps in the "Love It Or Hate It" category.

The one thing this attraction better do is please the kids. If it does that, then mission accomplished. But if it scares alot of kids and the majority of them don't like it.....then it's back to the drawing boards. I still say that MOST kids will probably like it, but it will be interesting to follow once it opens up for real.

dxwwf3

PeeplMoovr said:
I did see some X-S Tech logos. One was in some of the pre-show mechanical thingies just before you enter the chamber to be seated. For me, that was the highlight of the experience.

Awesome to hear that there are some X-S Tech logos still in there. But I hate that it was the highlight of the attraction for you :lol:

Testtrack321

I left the theater stunned. It's immediately obvious that the story behind the attraction doesn't work. Guests are never given a reason to empathize with Stitch, so it's difficult to root for him during his escape attempt. We're never told why he's a prisoner or what crime he's committed. (Maybe they should have beamed him to Guantanamo Bay instead of Walt Disney World?) If he's so dangerous, why is a theme park an acceptable prison alternative? And are we really supposed to believe that a civilization advanced enough to master teleportation isn't smart enough to have a backup generator for power outages?

Same thing could be said about AE with the power.

As for story, I think this is a prequel to the actual movie, this is the first time he's captured, in the movie it's the second. Ofcourse, I'm not 100% sure, but you know...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom