Stitch's Great Escape TEST RUN!

Snapper Bean

As an annual passholder and DVC member who will be in the MK on 11/5 can someone explain to me the sort of proof or ID that is required to take advantage of the preview? What do you have to show to be permitted on the ride? Thanks in advance.

Jekyll

TheDisneyGirl02 said:
Thanks for the news! I promised my twin that when I go down this week, even if I hit a guest preview, that I won't go on it since she can't go on the trip with me. Oh well...there's always next summer!

TheDisneyGirl02

Now thats a good sister. The temptation would be too great for me. I would have to go.

Jekyll

dxwwf3 said:
And I can't wait to hear everyone's opinions on that.

AE was great! But, after a while it fell, especially after they rolled back the scary factor. It will be missed but it wasn't as good as when it started. It couldn't go forever not with a change in format. I stopped liking it after they took Phil Hartmen out of SIR and put in Tim Curry.

Jekyll

DarkMeasures said:
Well, I probably wont be on Stitch for 10 years. (college, and having career long enough to pay to go down).

Next time I go to Disney, I probably have to pay for everything myself.

Don't worry Pal. As soon as I graduated college I went down. It's not as expensive as you think even on a college students money.

dxwwf3

Jekyll said:
AE was great! But, after a while it fell, especially after they rolled back the scary factor. It will be missed but it wasn't as good as when it started. It couldn't go forever not with a change in format. I stopped liking it after they took Phil Hartmen out of SIR and put in Tim Curry.

Well this is certainly differnt from most people have said. The Hartman preshow didn't seem to be very popular and most of the people that have seen both, seem to prefer S.I.R. in a large way.

And you think that the original Version 1 show was scarier? That also goes against what I was told. I, unfortunately, never got to see Version 1.

Thanks for your insight there.

Jekyll

dxwwf3 said:
Well this is certainly differnt from most people have said. The Hartman preshow didn't seem to be very popular and most of the people that have seen both, seem to prefer S.I.R. in a large way.

And you think that the original Version 1 show was scarier? That also goes against what I was told. I, unfortunately, never got to see Version 1.

I am pretty sure the script was the same. Hartmen had a different edge to it. I liked it better anyway. And Yes The original version was scary they had to tone it down slightly because of childern going to the attraction. I'll double check with a CM who work AE from the time it opened.

barnum42

Snapper Bean said:
As an annual passholder and DVC member who will be in the MK on 11/5 can someone explain to me the sort of proof or ID that is required to take advantage of the preview? What do you have to show to be permitted on the ride? Thanks in advance.
Just flash your Annual Pass. That's how I got into the Philarmagic preview.

Yen_Sid1

dxwwf3 said:

I liked the first version better also. It was scarier with a lot of screaming in the soundtrack and a lot more blood being splattered around. But then had to make it more family friendly.

I think the problem with the preshow was alot of people had just come from the Timekeeper show and TOM was similar to timekeeper in his jokes and antics and they seemed similar. So they changed his profile to SIR, very droll and dry humor.

PhotoDave219

DroppedBurger said:
Oh please I don't believe a word of this. Some of you are quick to believe things. How likely is it that someone who just joined would know this info...Give me a break!
If youve read the boards, You'll notice that I've experienced this attraction during a test preview run. And everything that has been said is 100% on the money.

And Yes, me and my boss had a convo about my review. Nothing bad, tho management is reading this thread....

Jekyll

PhotoDave219 said:
If youve read the boards, You'll notice that I've experienced this attraction during a test preview run. And everything that has been said is 100% on the money.

And Yes, me and my boss had a convo about my review. Nothing bad, tho management is reading this thread....

What do you mean management is watching? Is this 1984 or something is big brother right around the corner?

PhotoDave219

Jekyll said:
What do you mean management is watching? Is this 1984 or something is big brother right around the corner?
I'm saying my boss and i had a conversation about my review, a few pages back. Its common knowledge that Disney reads message forums for feedback every now and then. It wasnt a negative conversation, it was like this "So I heard you didnt like Stitch...."

Kinda like a barometer of opinions, but i certainly wouldnt use a message forum for a represenative sample of the public.

foxfire

In general, what times have the test runs been? Mgt. said they might do some this weekend, but I can't get to the parks till after 5. I've heard that they usually happen after this time, can anyone confirm?

Piebald

Aww man....I'm going with my girlfriends family to Disney next month and originally we were gonna go the weekend before Thanksgiving (after SGEs grand opening) but now her parents are deciding to go the weekend of November 11th. I was real excited to go on SGE and even more excited cause she has never even been to MK or WDW for that matter. Is there a chance this will be open by then or what? The reason for the rescheduling is REAL dumb so if it isnt open by then I'd be upset. I hope it is...!

kodakcastmember

Original Poster
Just keep an eye out. you never know. there may be a preview, or they may be doing soft openings by then. I really am not sure what the whole schedule is before opening, but just keep your eyes open.

PhotoDave219

Today there were previews, I rode it and i got a better feel for it. I felt that Stitch messed with you more through the restraints, etc. Maybe i missed it the first time, but i like it more now. Still dont like the chilli dog stench tho...

Atta83

PhotoDave219 said:
Today there were previews, I rode it and i got a better feel for it. I felt that Stitch messed with you more through the restraints, etc. Maybe i missed it the first time, but i like it more now. Still dont like the chilli dog stench tho...

And I am sure the chili dog stentch will grow on ya too :lol:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I rode it today. When I got to the park at around 12:30 there was an hour wait time, so I wanted to come back later but a CM told me that they were planning to close by 4pm, so I came back after lunch at Cosmic Ray's. I waited about 30 minutes to get on.

My review will be coming soon in a photo update. Let's just say that I was not a happy camper for the rest of the day..... ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom