Stitch's Great Escape TEST RUN!

dxwwf3

Julius & Boobah said:
So does S.I.R return? Please say yes... he was probably my favourite pre-show character EVER!

Sorry to tell you, but S.I.R. is no more. Now the animatronic occupied in the space S.I.R. used to reside is "Sarge". He looks similar to S.I.R., but there are alot of noticable differences.

dxwwf3

Julius & Boobah said:
I'm guessing one of them is that it's not voice by Tim Curry? That could be it's only saving grace for me... More attractions need Tim Curry and Jeremy Irons IMO.

Nope no Tim Curry. It's a totally different character.

Sorry :wave:

Main Street USA

Christopher Walken needs more cowbell, and until he gets it, he won't be doing any voices for WDW attractions.

I mean, he's got a fever, and the only prescription, is more cowbell. :D

dxwwf3

Main Street USA said:
Christopher Walken needs more cowbell, and until he gets it, he won't be doing any voices for WDW attractions.

Babies, he makes Gold Records. Don't question him.

Legacy

Main Street USA said:

I prefer him as the Continental.

dxwwf3

MrNonacho said:
Yep, he is voiced by Richard Kind. His portrayal of the sergeant is about as far away from Tim Curry's S.I.R. as you can get.

Is the Sarge performance similar to the old Phil Hartman TOM 2000 preshow that preceeded S.I.R. at Alien Encounter? If you haven't seen or heard that version of the preshow, you can find it on my AE tribute video on #disney-central (Cheap plug, I know :animwink: ).

kodakcastmember

Original Poster
Main Street USA said:

hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

MrNonacho

Premium Member
dxwwf3 said:
Is the Sarge performance similar to the old Phil Hartman TOM 2000 preshow that preceeded S.I.R. at Alien Encounter?

Sarge is definitely much closer to TOM than S.I.R., especially in how he welcomes the guests into the room. Overall, though, Sarge is a bit more neurotic and "odd."

Fantastic video, by the way. I don't know why I didn't watch it earlier.

dxwwf3

MrNonacho said:
Sarge is definitely much closer to TOM than S.I.R., especially in how he welcomes the guests into the room. Overall, though, Sarge is a bit more neurotic and "odd."

Fantastic video, by the way. I don't know why I didn't watch it earlier.

Thanks. I just wanted to put something together for all the AE fans. I'm glad you enjoyed it :wave:

Another question I had about this was about the length of the attraction. Does each preshow and the main chamber show last about the same length as AE did or has this been like the Tiki Room where the replacement is much shorter than the attraction that came before it? Thanks for all your insight MrNonacho. You guys are really all I have to go by on this one....at least until someone gets a video of it :animwink:

MrNonacho

Premium Member
dxwwf3 said:
Does each preshow and the main chamber show last about the same length as AE did or has this been like the Tiki Room where the replacement is much shorter than the attraction that came before it?

Oddly enough, the first preshow seemed shorter, the second preshow seemed about the same, and the main show seemed longer. I didn't time the shows at all, but that's how they felt to me.

dxwwf3

MrNonacho said:
Oddly enough, the first preshow seemed shorter, the second preshow seemed about the same, and the main show seemed longer. I didn't time the shows at all, but that's how they felt to me.

Well that's a good sign. I hate to see when new attractions are shortened a great deal.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Ah....I hated the TOM 2000 performance by Phil Hartman. Tim Curry's performance was just perfect.

Anyways, my review should be up late Saturday night....that is, if I do get on it....

Ahhh that's who Tom is... Sa... I mean Boobah and I we're looking through our WDW colouring book and there's a picture of "TOM" She asked who he was and I said I had no idea.

I've been on Alien encounter loads and I swear I did when it was new but I don't believe I have ever seen TOM. How long did he last? Why was he gotten rid of? It's kinda a sad to hear Phil Hartman's voice (I believe he's on the pre-show to the new Tiki room too) now that he's not with us.

dxwwf3

Julius & Boobah said:
I've been on Alien encounter loads and I swear I did when it was new but I don't believe I have ever seen TOM. How long did he last? Why was he gotten rid of? It's kinda a sad to hear Phil Hartman's voice (I believe he's on the pre-show to the new Tiki room too) now that he's not with us.

T.O.M. 2000 didn't last very long at all. If you saw the show after June of 1995, then you only saw S.I.R.

And the biggest reason for the replacement was the Hartman version just wasn't right for the attraction.

ljs1691

Stitch Test Oct 13

You guys are pretty rough on new folks but my son and I also happened to be in the right place at the right time. We tested Stitch late afternoon on October 13. You can imagine our excitement. Never experienced AE but Stitch was cool. Thanks to the advice of all those who said to keep an eye out for testing, it paid off for us.

My son is 7 and it was thrilling for him as Stitch is probably his favorite Disney character. When the lights went out he was initially a little tentative about being there but by the time it ended he was on cloud 9.

barnum42

ljs1691 said:
You guys are pretty rough on new folks.
I think it's more a case of people getting fed up at fake new people who create another new ID and try to cause problems with it.

As far a real new people go - welcomed with open arms :wave:

Glad you were able to get into the attraction, even better that you enjoyed it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom