Stitch's Great Escape replacement?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Same here. They were both very bad moves made by WDW management.

Actually neither are actually horrible attractions if they had been put elsewhere. They would have been quite welcome as people sponges had they not taken the place of better attractions.

Captain Chaos

Agreed. It's not even funny.People just laugh so that battery thingy could fill up and the show would end :ROFLOL:

Not sure what shows you were at, but, I neen to the attraction 3 times now and all three times it was funny... Sure, some of the jokes were corny and lame, but, tell me one comedy club where the comedian DOESN'T tell corny or lame jokes???

Anyway, I would go see Laugh Floor again, as well as SGE... And I will enjoy them for what they are...

EpcotServo

Laugh Floor and Stitch are both good shows. Nobody cares, and people need something to bash sooooo....Nothing ever changes, and nobody's ever going to agree on anything.

*Cue "Ball of Confusion" to panning shot above Tomorrowland*

DisneyDellsDude

Laugh Floor and Stitch are both good shows. Nobody cares, and people need something to bash sooooo....Nothing ever changes, and nobody's ever going to agree on anything.

*Cue "Ball of Confusion" to panning shot above Tomorrowland*
I get most upset because they both replaced two unique, original attractions.

There was no movie behind the Timekeeper.
There was no movie behind Alien Encounter.
Both fit in with the story of Tomorrowland.

Now you have the Laugh Floor - which dropped the "comedy club" name by the way - that has no, and I mean absolutly no tie in to Tomorrowland and it's story at all.

And then you have Stitch's Great Escape. Even though the characters are from outer space, the attraction was executed horribly. A "kid friendly" version of Alien Encounter.

And for those of you who think Alien Encounter was a total flop and it "shouldn't be in a Magic Kingdom park", some execs must have liked it since they just dumbed it down to what we have today.

Castle Cake Apologist

Ummmm....yea. Talk about spin, this entire post is the biggest bunch of BS I've seen on these boards in a long, long time. SGE is the most complained about attraction in the MK.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that you were a Stitch Complex cast member and had access to guest satisfaction surveys pertaining to Stitch's Great Escape! and were able to even come in to this discussion acting like you have any idea what you're talking about.

I also was not aware that you were in ANY position with the company that gives you access to guest relations archives and ultimate sovereign authority to act like you have ANY idea what you're talking about and can definitively say that Stitch is "the most complained about attraction in the MK", when you are dead wrong and are just making yourself look foolish. :rolleyes:

And as for your never has a line argument, I always experienced a 20-30 minute line at Alien Encounter.

Stitch's Great Escape generally has about a 15-20 minute wait at the height of the day, except during very slow periods. I just meant that it obviously isn't going to have the Space Mountain sized lines that people around here seem to think are the mark of a good attraction.

And I've never seen a MILF show with people "cracking up".

And you've clearly not been to many performances of Monsters. As somebody who is in and around the attraction daily, I think I just might have a little more authority than you to say what the general guest consensus of the show is, no?

Threads like these (and the vast majority of the others) are the reason that I have not regularly posted here in almost six years. Walt Disney World is supposed to be a celebration of magic and wonder, and this community nine times out of ten turns it into an all out negativity fest. It's sad.

SirGoofy

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that you were a Stitch Complex cast member and had access to guest satisfaction surveys pertaining to Stitch's Great Escape! and were able to even come in to this discussion acting like you have any idea what you're talking about.

I also was not aware that you were in ANY position with the company that gives you access to guest relations archives and ultimate sovereign authority to act like you have ANY idea what you're talking about and can definitively say that Stitch is "the most complained about attraction in the MK", when you are dead wrong and are just making yourself look foolish. :rolleyes:

You're right. Having many a MK guest relations cast member as good friends, I would have no idea what I'm talking about.

They have told me many a time that SGE is the most complained about attraction at the MK. I'll take their word over yours any day. :wave:

Stitch's Great Escape generally has about a 15-20 minute wait at the height of the day, except during very slow periods. I just meant that it obviously isn't going to have the Space Mountain sized lines that people around here seem to think are the mark of a good attraction.

Really? It's funny, I was at MK a heck of a lot this past month, anywhere from 3-4 times a week, and not once did I see SGE with a queue longer than 5 minutes, same as when I was on my college program.

And you've clearly not been to many performances of Monsters. As somebody who is in and around the attraction daily, I think I just might have a little more authority than you to say what the general guest consensus of the show is, no?

Sure, why not?

But don't be fooled, I've seen my fair share of MILF performances, and not once were people in stitches like you claim.(Ha! Stitches...see what I did there?)

Walt Disney World is supposed to be a celebration of magic and wonder.

And it is. For the attractions that warrant it. Unfortunately SGE isn't one of them.:wave:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Well, as a SGE Cast Member, I can assure you that the attraction is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Despite what the popular opinion of the online Disney fan anti-Stitch bandwagon members may be, SGE is a very well received attraction among average park guests and consistantly pulls in high guest satisfaction ratings.

As for the "it never has a line" argument... I'm sorry, but that really doesn't hold any water. The design of the facility is genius and it is a natural people eater. Plenty of guests do the attraction, it just loads them in so quickly and so consistently that you won't see a line except during very busy peak seasons.

And as for the hallowed overrated Alien Encounter, there's a reason it was removed. General day guests did not like it, it was received with horribly mixed reviews, and at the core of the apple... had no place whatsoever in Magic Kingdon Park.

And on that note, I would LOVE to know what shows of MILF you people have apparently been visiting. I've never seen any show that didn't have the audience absolutely cracking up and when you sit there and insult the show, it's honestly just a slap in the face to all of the talented equity enterainment improv cast members that bring that magic to life.

I'm honestly just so over these Tomorrowland bashing threads. If you don't like anything in Tomorrowland, don't visit it. Kthnx.

:brick:
As a SGE Cast Member you are obviously biased in the attractions defense.

Cast Members are generally the very LAST people to find out about any upcoming changes that may negatively affect their role onstage. Don't feel left out., it's just good business sense not to tell an employee that they are about to be transferred.

Exit polls from an attraction are ALWAYS more upbeat because people don't want to offend who they perceive to be affiliated with the product in question. People are much more apt to let their true feelings be known to a more encompassing authority.

As far as lines go. When AE was open many times it had queue lines that wrapped around to the west of the building. I know, I stood in them.

General day guests DID enjoy the attraction. It was the vocal minority of illiterate guests that wouldn't/couldn't read the signs who complained to guest relations. GR couldn't record that these people were idiots, they just had to record complaints.

Remember other people work at the MK also and may have information that you don't have or can't see by being blinded by loyalty.

Animaniac93-98

And you're not foolish, why? You're word as a CM is better than SirGoofy's because? Oh, you work at the attraction? La de da. What questions are asked on the survey and to whom? What results are given for any specific age range? You can't say them? Too bad, that might make you look less like a arrogant twit.

You're word (and that's all you got) conflicts with a)other CMs who work in the same park b)Unofficial surveys conducted which show the attraction has a "meh" reaction at best by any given age group and c)popular opinion on this and other internet discussion boards.

You have no proof whatsoever to say anybody is "dead wrong" about anything. Come back when your hollow opinion and uncalled for sarcasm towards your fellow coworkers has some weight to it.

Captain Chaos

Ummmm....yea. Talk about spin, this entire post is the biggest bunch of BS I've seen on these boards in a long, long time. SGE is the most complained about attraction in the MK.

And as for your never has a line argument, I always experienced a 20-30 minute line at Alien Encounter.

And I've never seen a MILF show with people "cracking up".

Goof, I have to do it...

I have never seen anyone "cracking up" at the corny jokes from the JC skippers either.. So, should we can that attraction since 90 percent of it is the skipper's spiel???

SirGoofy

Goof, I have to do it...

I have never seen anyone "cracking up" at the corny jokes from the JC skippers either.. So, should we can that attraction since 90 percent of it is the skipper's spiel???

Fair enough. But as I said, this was also the one point I deferred to DisneyExpert. 80% of people on the Jungle Cruise come off laughing. And we destroy our hourly guest numbers everyday. I mean destroy.

janoimagine

The Name is the Real Issue

Walt Disney World is supposed to be a celebration of magic and wonder.

I think you hit the nail on the head here.

Honestly, I preferred AE to SGE, and I loved Timekeeper as well, MILF is a great attraction, the technology is pretty amazing. But do these fit into Tomorrowland? I don't really know, to me they are disconnected, but are they disconnected to a child? The problem stems from the name itself, much like Future World in Epcot. Attractions in Tomorrowland are dated from the time they open, so in a way they are set up to fail. I feel the company as a whole did the only thing they could have when they re-designed the land into the Buck Rogers/Jetsons Sci-Fi world of the 60's. Do I like it, yes, however my favorite was always the Eero Saarinen style with the white towers and waterfalls at the entrance, but that's simply because I am a big fan of his work and it was the Tomorrowland I grew up with.

I like the new Tomorrowland, the neon at night is very cool and has a great retro feel to it and it appeals to the kids, but as a photographer it appeals to me too, it's fun to capture. Let's not forget who the MK is designed for, it was for the young and the young at heart. I think we as adults and even teenagers develop a more cynical outlook on life based on our life experiences, and the way we react to shows like SGE and MILF are different than the way children do.

Walt had the same problem in Disneyland before Tomorrowland even opened, the exhibits were already dated, and he knew it. It's a constant battle, we all talk about SGE and MILF as not fitting in, to me the biggest attraction that doesn't work is the Speedway, I felt the same way when I was younger.

We can argue all we want over who has the better attraction, wether it's JC or SGE, MILF or the Tea Cups, the reality is at the end of the day it's all about what the kids think, as after all, they are who the park was built for in the first place.

Captain Chaos

Fair enough. But as I said, this was also the one point I deferred to DisneyExpert. 80% of people on the Jungle Cruise come off laughing. And we destroy our hourly guest numbers everyday. I mean destroy.

I meant to add a :lol: to the post...

JC is a classic though... Been around forever.... SGE, well, not a classic, never will be... Neither was AE though...

Jasonflz

Looking through this thread, I really hate MILF even more. If anyone on this thread thinks it is funny slap yourself hard. It is awful, and I don't care what anyone says. It is a great example of how Disney management has lost great ideas over the years. Also, everytime I go MILF has a line of 10 minutes or less and usually those 10 minutes are filled with a bunch of idiots being suckered in by cheap promotions. SGE is at least entertaining.

janoimagine

Looking through this thread, I really hate MILF even more. If anyone on this thread thinks it is funny slap yourself hard. It is awful, and I don't care what anyone says. It is a great example of how Disney management has lost great ideas over the years. Also, everytime I go MILF has a line of 10 minutes or less and usually those 10 minutes are filled with a bunch of idiots being suckered in by cheap promotions. SGE is at least entertaining.

J - let me ask you something, if you don't think I'm being to personal. How old are you? The reason I am asking is because is it possible that you are not the intended target audience for MILF. I am in my mid 30's and I found it entertaining and funny, but maybe your hang up with it is where it's located? Were it to be located at Pixar Place in DHS would you feel any different? Just curious.

Jasonflz

J - let me ask you something, if you don't think I'm being to personal. How old are you? The reason I am asking is because is it possible that you are not the intended target audience for MILF. I am in my mid 30's and I found it entertaining and funny, but maybe your hang up with it is where it's located? Were it to be located at Pixar Place in DHS would you feel any different? Just curious.

No, not at all. I'm 15. My main concern was that no one in my family (my mom, dad, and little sister) enjoyed the show. I will admit that I am a little biased on the fact that it replaced Timekeeper and might appreciate it better in DHS. I did manage to write a review on the attraction's page saying my true, unbiased feelings on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom