Stitch's Great Escape replacement?

DisneyWall-E

I like SGE, but to be fair, I did like AE better. I can also say that I understand why they got rid of AE, if the reason is that it was to scary for children. IMHO they should have moved it to DHS and not just get rid of it. It was a vary unique(sp?) attraction.

WDWFigment

Dumb jokes aside, the years something has been in existence is not the only factor to consider when determining whether something is a classic. For instance, I'm sure many people would consider the Lord of the Rings (or Harry Potter) to be classic film trilogies (some would not, including myself, but I can at least understand the argument for them being classics). However, most people would not consider the movie Leprachaun, which is much older, to be a classic.

Alien Encounter may very well be a classic to some. It may not be a classic to others. However, the argument that it's not a classic because it was only around 8 years, is unsound.

DougK

Stitch may well be crap ... it may be lousy ... it may be low-blow ... but it is NOT a ride.

Attraction. Show. Sensory experience. ... maybe even adventure.

But c'mon ... ride? Nope.

Sensory experience? Nicely said!

And I agree it is not a ride and it is lousy.

IWant2GoNow

I think they need to remove it and place a major e ticket attraction in its place in time or after the 40th.

If it's that easy, I wish they would do it with MILF, WoL, HISTA, make JII an E again, BLT, SDsDC, ... anything else anyone want to add? :)

When I saw SGE on the map the first time I was excited they worked Stitch into WDW, but when I realized they had to redo AE for it, I was not so pleased. I still do SGE, but I always shed just one tear remembering how AE used to almost make me p33 myself because the experience was that much better. :(

My suggestion is to move this to where SDsDC is in DHS and combine them since they are both "sensory experiences". HAHA! Throw Drew Carey into Stitch animation and just let both attractions suck together. Maybe the ensuing black hole will devour the BAH while we're at it. :p

And note to everyone who goes to see SGE... STOP PULLING DOWN ON THE STUPID SHOULDER RESTS BEFORE THE SHOW STARTS!! If I have to hear one more CM tell people to not do that I'll.... :brick::brick::brick:

disneymoc

I agree, they should get rid of it and send MILF over to DHS which needs the attractions.

Why in the world would Disney send an attraction from one park to another? THey took the time to construct and design an attraction to fit a certain space. If they moved it to another park, there is no guarantee everything would fit perfectly.

Jasonflz

Why in the world would Disney send an attraction from one park to another? THey took the time to construct and design an attraction to fit a certain space. If they moved it to another park, there is no guarantee everything would fit perfectly.

Why not? It's not like they are literally going to pick it up and fly it over there. It will be rebuilt to whatever dimensions are needed. They did that with Turtle Talk on a smaller scale.

I personally think MILF would fit great if the MI coaster is built. It honestly does not need to take up as much space as it is.

jakeman

If you are wanting to move an attraction you are basically stating that you want to see the attraction in MK demolished and a new one built in DHS. The only cost you would be saving would be manufacturing.

So you are okay instead of getting two new attractions, moving one exisiting attraction to a different location and having a replacement?

It's not Roller Coaster Tycoon. You can't just hit the trash can button and be refunded half the cost of the ride and plop it somewhere else.

IWant2GoNow

If you are wanting to move an attraction you are basically stating that you want to see the attraction in MK demolished and a new one built in DHS. The only cost you would be saving would be manufacturing.

So you are okay instead of getting two new attractions, moving one exisiting attraction to a different location and having a replacement?

It's not Roller Coaster Tycoon. You can't just hit the trash can button and be refunded half the cost of the ride and plop it somewhere else.

:ROFLOL:

Ya I think a lot of these newbies think it's as easy as cutting and pasting. But absolutely is not. I wouldn't mind them using the technology from MILF in the queue for the MI coaster as previously mentioned. Then we could just chalk MILF up to a successful trial of an interactive queue and pray for a more Tomorrow-ish attraction in MILF's place.

Jasonflz

Who says it has to be demolished.:shrug:

Look at SGE. It uses most of the show elements that AE used. Almost nothing was really changed. Same can be done with MILF.

jakeman

Who says it has to be demolished.:shrug:

Look at SGE. It uses most of the show elements that AE used. Almost nothing was really changed. Same can be done with MILF.
SO you are going to have a repurposed room?

That's fine but now instead of demolishing cost you have new manufacturing cost. Both for the "moved" attraction and any retheming for the old location.

If it is your opinion that money would be well spent moving MILF and replacing it, you're welcome to it. However, I would rather have MILF remain where it is and get two brand new attractions instead.

Jasonflz

SO you are going to have a repurposed room?

That's fine but now instead of demolishing cost you have new manufacturing cost. Both for the "moved" attraction and any retheming for the old location.

If it is your opinion that money would be well spent moving MILF and replacing it, you're welcome to it. However, I would rather have MILF remain where it is and get two brand new attractions instead.

It won't necessarily be very expensive. If done right, the budget could be very small and still be as effective. As for MILF, who says they need a 400 seat theater. Turtle talk is a quarter of the size and it still brings in people. With a coaster next door they might not even need seats, just benches. It also does not need to be as heavily themed as it is currently.

SGE did use most of the show elements that AE used, but it was in the same location. It wasn't in another park.

Same as I said above, DIsney could move MILF to DHS on a smaller scale. They only need a small capacity theater.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom