Stitch's Great Escape replacement?

wdwbeepbop

We can argue all we want over who has the better attraction, wether it's JC or SGE, MILF or the Tea Cups, the reality is at the end of the day it's all about what the kids think, as after all, they are who the park was built for in the first place.

The idea of the parks was started when Walt wanted a place where children and adults could have fun together. Most amusement parks are built for kids. He wanted something different

headhoncho34

Original Poster
The idea of the parks was started when Walt wanted a place where children and adults could have fun together. Most amusement parks are built for kids. He wanted something different
Yes but when they come to the conclusion of removing something they should replace it with something better. SGE and MILF are major steps down from the attractions that were there before them.

Studios Fan

JC is a classic pure and simple. SGE is a cheap attraction that doesn't even have what made "Lilo and Stitch" great, and that is heart.

dxwwf3

I think MILF is a decent attraction that would be much better received in the fan community if it were in a smaller attraction space. Replacing something as wonderful as The Timekeeper and taking up such a large building are two major things that detract from a fan's perspective. There's really no reason why MILF couldn't be in a building area the same size as Turtle Talk.

Studios Fan

I think MILF is a decent attraction that would be much better received in the fan community if it were in a smaller attraction space. Replacing something as wonderful as The Timekeeper and taking up such a large building are two major things that detract from a fan's perspective. There's really no reason why MILF couldn't be in a building area the same size as Turtle Talk.

Agreed or some place like the Narnia building in DHS. :)

janoimagine

No, not at all. I'm 15. My main concern was that no one in my family (my mom, dad, and little sister) enjoyed the show. I will admit that I am a little biased on the fact that it replaced Timekeeper and might appreciate it better in DHS. I did manage to write a review on the attraction's page saying my true, unbiased feelings on it.

Thanks. I agree, it replaced a great attraction, (So did Buzz for me, I loved if you had wings), but I think the theming is good, and the technology is pretty cutting edge. My girlfriend is 30, I am 35 and my nephew is 5, we all enjoyed it, I found it funny at times, corny at others, but my nephew absolutely loved it, that's where I found the value in it, seeing his face light up was half the fun for me. I think the bottom line is that it is in the wrong place, and that is what hurt's it the most, it has nothing to do with the future or tomorrow. It's geared to the little ones (and us big ones who act like little ones) I'm impressed that you wrote a review, where is the link?

headhoncho34

Original Poster
I wish that was always the case.
Just as they put the unnecessary Poohs Playful Spot where the great 20K was before. 20K should have stayed because it was classic inside and out and I wonder how WDW management stooped down to such a level to think that a play spot could replace it.

Studios Fan

Just as they put the unnecessary Poohs Playful Spot where the great 20K was before. 20K should have stayed because it was classic inside and out and I wonder how WDW management stooped down to such a level to think that a play spot could replace it.

Hopefully the FL plans come to fruition and we will have a worthy replacement for 20K.

janoimagine

Don't even get me going on 20K, favorite movie as a kid, favorite ride as a kid, what was worse was what happened to the fleet afterwards. Do you even know the whole story as to what was the final nail in the coffin on that ride? It blows my mind, what rubbs more salt in the wound is that DL kept their version and TDO dumped ours. :mad:

Captain Chaos

J - let me ask you something, if you don't think I'm being to personal. How old are you? The reason I am asking is because is it possible that you are not the intended target audience for MILF. I am in my mid 30's and I found it entertaining and funny, but maybe your hang up with it is where it's located? Were it to be located at Pixar Place in DHS would you feel any different? Just curious.

I just turned 35 and I find Laugh Floor entertaining... Classic it's not, but it isn't horrible... It is what it is, a filler-type of attraction... So what???

Captain Chaos

I was responding to the fact that he said AE is not a classic. I agree SGE is a pile of crap and yes JC is a classic.

AE is only a classic to internet fanbois... Not the general public... if it was, the attraction would still be around today.... Classics don't last 8 years then get pulled... They stand the test of time... AE didn't...

Jasonflz

And yet you don't find the same corny jokes in Laugh Floor funny?? Yea, you are a kid... LOL

Maybe because it is occasionally from the heart, not some terribly animated monsters. Also, I'm a teen. I don't like those "PG" jokes. Maybe if the show was like Family Guy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom