Stitch's Great Escape replacement?

pax_65

I understand people hate Stitch, and I'm not a big fan either, but my kids really enjoy it. I preferred AE, but that didn't have that great of a repeatability factor - you experience it once and it's scary and exciting, but it's not as exciting the 2nd and 3rd time. Stitch at least is sort of funny and entertaining, so the repeat factor is a little higher - especially with kids. We walk in saying, "Give me back my chili dog!" and enjoy the strange looks we get from first-timers.

All the "classic" folks (which I sympathize with) need to remember that Walt Disney created Disneyland as a place where adults and kids could have fun TOGETHER. AE didn't really fit that vision because so many kids were excluded - more than just the under 40 inches crowd). Stitch does fit that vision, so I can see why they replaced AE with it.

You want a classic attraction, bring back "Mission to Mars" with its dusty windows and vibrating floor! LOL.

I wouldn't cry if Stitch was replaced, but there are other things in MK more in need of replacement than Stitch, or at least an update with new technology. The Speedway (major update or replace), Jungle Cruise (update), Carousel of Progress (major update and refurb), Swiss Family Treehouse (replace), etc.

jakeman

It won't necessarily be very expensive. If done right, the budget could be very small and still be as effective. As for MILF, who says they need a 400 seat theater. Turtle talk is a quarter of the size and it still brings in people. With a coaster next door they might not even need seats, just benches. It also does not need to be as heavily themed as it is currently.
Wait, what? It is adequately themed and that's about it.

Same as I said above, DIsney could move MILF to DHS on a smaller scale. They only need a small capacity theater.
You are still are spending money that could go to a new attractions. I would rather have new things instead of moving anything.

Jasonflz

Wait, what? It is adequately themed and that's about it.

You are still are spending money that could go to a new attractions. I would rather have new things instead of moving anything.

1. I'm talking about the queue. They do not need a queue if it is moved to DHS. Just some Tv screens will be sufficient enough.

2. Let's face it, Disney can be cheap. With rumours of the MI coaster never happening I doubt we will see new attractions with large budgets for a while. Either way, Disney can scale back a bit. Look at how much they make daily. That is enough to pay for MILF getting added to DHS. They can just cut a bit of budget if necessary.

Monster's inc takes away from the TL theme. Timekeeper the attraction that was there before fit perfectly in TL.

Well said. MILF should not be in Tomorrowland period. Timekeeper was a perfect fit and should have stayed. (considering it wasn't outdated when it closed)

vonpluto

I think it should be revamped into "626 and The Brain, Escape to Greatness"

Eviction-Notice.jpg

:hammer:

magicmaya

1. I'm talking about the queue. They do not need a queue if it is moved to DHS. Just some Tv screens will be sufficient enough.

2. Let's face it, Disney can be cheap. With rumours of the MI coaster never happening I doubt we will see new attractions with large budgets for a while. Either way, Disney can scale back a bit. Look at how much they make daily. That is enough to pay for MILF getting added to DHS. They can just cut a bit of budget if necessary.

Well said. MILF should not be in Tomorrowland period. Timekeeper was a perfect fit and should have stayed. (considering it wasn't outdated when it closed)

Half of the stuff in tomorrowland isn't futuristic, like
Space Mountain (in refurb)
Stitch (???)
MILF
COP (keep it and update it)
TLSW

hwdelien

Why does everyone refer to SGE's predecessor as AE? Wasn't it called Extraterrorestrial Encounter? I realize that EE would confuse things with Expedition Exerest...

Jasonflz

In your opinion. A thread search will bring up several opposing viewpoint.

I know about those and I disagree very strongly. MILF is a poor excuse for a show and has nothing to do the future and nothing, and I mean NOTHING! will change my mind about that.

Jasonflz

Half of the stuff in tomorrowland isn't futuristic, like
Space Mountain (in refurb) Wasn't really futuristic when it was open.
Stitch (???) Takes place before Lilo and Stitch which is set in the present.
MILF This one just sucks.
COP (keep it and update it) True
TLSW Agreed.

:animwink: Fixed.

hack2112

Why does everyone refer to SGE's predecessor as AE? Wasn't it called Extraterrorestrial Encounter? I realize that EE would confuse things with Expedition Exerest...
The full name was The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter.

Terror in caps. ...ha... :lookaroun

SirGoofy

Honestly, something needs to be done over there. Even with Space and TTA closed, neither MILF nor SGE had a line, and MILF was terrible each time I watched it. Terrible as in people were walking out terrible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom