Stitch's Great Escape replacement?

jt04

He better. Because if not, the Mouse is looking at losing a lot of people in Florida. The natives are indeed restless.

If complaing could change anything the AC would be staying and the BAH would have been removed years ago.

WDW will probably get some adds because, well, it's that time.

Pendulum, new sheriff, DVC's are built, Potterland etc.

SirGoofy

If complaing could change anything the AC would be staying and the BAH would have been removed years ago.

I'm not talking about the "D&G" crowd when I refer to the natives.

The past month I heard more, and more chatter from CMs and guests. Chatter that leads me to believe many a person believes Disney is falling behind.

Something needs to be done.

jt04

I'm not talking about the "D&G" crowd when I refer to the natives.

The past month I heard more, and more chatter from CMs and guests. Chatter that leads me to believe many a person believes Disney is falling behind.

Something needs to be done.

If the blueprint is real, then it appears something is being done. I've felt it was overdue for something to happen.

Here is how I seriously think it is happening. DCA is being brought to the point it no longer needs to be "subsidized" by other divisions. So they have largely focused on that and I am convinced the DLR will shortly generate enough profit to become 'independent'. I'm hoping this happens across all divisions so WDW will not be the WDC cash cow and can continually improve with the standards and new investment all of its patrons expect.

So, patience can really pay off in the long run for WDW. They desperately need to fix DCA and are. But they definitely need to announce something soon and Jim Hill says they will.

SirGoofy

If the blueprint is real, then it appears something is being done. I've felt it was overdue for something to happen.

Here is how I seriously think it is happening. DCA is being brought to the point it no longer needs to be "subsidized" by other divisions. So they have largely focused on that and I am convinced the DLR will shortly generate enough profit to become 'independent'. I'm hoping this happens across all divisions so WDW will not be the WDC cash cow and can continually improve with the standards and new investment all of it's patrons expect.

So, patience can really pay off in the long run for WDW. They desperately need to fix DCA and are. But they definitely need to announce something soon and Jim Hill says they will.

I honestly don't think Fantasyland will be enough. I love the proposed addition, don't get me wrong. But I don't think many guests without girls under the age of 12 will.

People are thirsting for some kind of thrill, especially at the MK. I heard the word "lame" thrown around left and right in the park. "I don't want to go on just another boat ride." "Why aren't there any roller coasters." Space, Splash, and Thunder are not nearly enough thrill rides for the park. And I hope there is some kind of thrill ride in the works as a Fantasyland follow up, because the park needs it.

jt04

I honestly don't think Fantasyland will be enough. I love the proposed addition, don't get me wrong. But I don't think many guests without girls under the age of 12 will.

People are thirsting for some kind of thrill, especially at the MK. I heard the word "lame" thrown around left and right in the park. "I don't want to go on just another boat ride." "Why aren't there any roller coasters." Space, Splash, and Thunder are not nearly enough thrill rides for the park. And I hope there is some kind of thrill ride in the works as a Fantasyland follow up, because the park needs it.

I am of the school the last thing the MK needs is major thrill rides. If folks want thrills then DHS and AK are much better candidates IMO. Not only would this please many thrill ride people but would go along way in balancing out the crowds between the parks.

SM, BTM and SM are family thrill rides and perfect for the MK. DHS really needs another true thrill ride and AK at least two. I'd like to see another added to World Showcase to draw thrill seekers out of Future World. But this is all just my opinion.

SirGoofy

I am of the school the last thing the MK needs is major thrill rides. If folks want thrills then DHS and AK are much better candidates IMO. Not only would this please many thrill ride people but would go along way in balancing out the crowds between the parks.

SM, BTM and SM are family thrill rides and perfect for the MK. DHS really needs another true thrill ride and AK at least two. I'd like to see another added to World Showcase to draw thrill seekers out of Future World. But this is all just my opinion.

And I understand where you are coming from completely. I don't agree, but, I also never said it had to be some high octane thrill ride ala ToT or M:S.

But you say "balance out the parks", and I would agree, except that this is MK. If people are going to come for 1-3 days(yes, there are quite a few) they will go to MK, in which caxe this park should have something for everyone. Almost everyone who sets foot in WDW will go to MK, and one more thrill ride is needed to appease everyone, IMO.

Another ride on the level of Splash/BTM/Space would be a perfect addition to follow up Fantasyland. Give the kids what they want in Fland, and then give the big kids what they want with on more thrill ride. Say...in Adventureland? Starring...oh I don't know, a man wearing a fedora?

Perfect fit. Gives the girls the Princess, give the boys the Adventurer.

Figment632

I agree with Goofy I'm not a 12 year old girl besides the TLM ride the expansion offers me nothing. Needs one more major thrill ride in FL or AL, whether it's something like JTCOE or a coaster.

The Conundrum

Disneyland, which Magic Kingdom is a clone of, proves that MK doesn't have ENOUGH thrill rides. Disneyland has the additions of Matterhorn, Indiana Jones Adventure, and the family friendly coaster Casey Jr. This idea that MK should be focusing on attractions for toddlers is moronic. The park needs to add both all-ages attractions like The Little Mermaid as well as new thrill rides on the calibur of the Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye and Matterhorn Mountain. MK is just lagging behind in all aspects from capacity to family friendly rides to thrill rides to maintenance!

jt04

Disneyland, which Magic Kingdom is a clone of, proves that MK doesn't have ENOUGH thrill rides. Disneyland has the additions of Matterhorn, Indiana Jones Adventure, and the family friendly coaster Casey Jr. This idea that MK should be focusing on attractions for toddlers is moronic. The park needs to add both all-ages attractions like The Little Mermaid as well as new thrill rides on the calibur of the Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye and Matterhorn Mountain. MK is just lagging behind in all aspects from capacity to family friendly rides to thrill rides to maintenance!

Last I checked DLR had 2 parks and WDW 4 to "fill up". IJ is better suited to DHS or AK and DHS needs another major roller coaster to compete with Manta and RRR. WS could use a thrill ride too.

Comparing DLR to WDW and how the rides should be distributed is truly apples and oranges.

Eddie Sotto says less than 1 in 5 MK patrons go to Space Mountain. That speaks for itself. And the crowds coming through the gate indicate the lack of major thrills is not a problem for the MK. :shrug:

SirGoofy

That speaks for itself. And the crowds coming through the gate indicate the lack of major thrills is not a problem for the MK. :shrug:

Eh, jt. I know it's brought up a lot, but honestly it's because people don't know. They just don't. Coming in they think POTC, Jungle Cruise, and HM are thrill rides. When they find out they aren't, they're disappointed.

People know it's Disney, but they still expect a theme park to have a nice amount of thrill rides.

And I disagree with Indy "fitting better" in DHS and DAK than the MK. Adventureland is just as perfect as either of them, and there is a spot just waiting for it.

jt04

Eh, jt. I know it's brought up a lot, but honestly it's because people don't know. They just don't. Coming in they think POTC, Jungle Cruise, and HM are thrill rides. When they find out they aren't, they're disappointed.

People know it's Disney, but they still expect a theme park to have a nice amount of thrill rides.

And I disagree with Indy "fitting better" in DHS and DAK than the MK. Adventureland is just as perfect as either of them, and there is a spot just waiting for it.

I'd love to see IJ added to the MK but DHS and especially DAK need such an add much more.

I see it entirely different than you. WDW is so much more than the MK. It is unecessary and problematic to make the MK the epicenter of WDW. And WDW can better respond to it's competion by having more tailored parks. That is a great luxury management and Imagineering should be exploiting.

I want DHS to be popular with everyone but especially teens and young adults. It should emphasize thrills. So if there is money for thrill rides it should go there mostly.

I want to see Epcot be popular with everyone but especially those who enjoy the "edutainment" angle. And don't be fooled, there are a lot of them. So they need to restore the Epcot Center values and appear to be.

I want AK to be popular with everyone, but especially people who enjoy truly immersive environments and adventures that such a park can provide.

And I want to see MK popular with everyone, but it should cater to families with preteens, not exclusively, but primarily.

This strategy would really allow Disney to seperate WDW from all other theme park resorts in the US and keep it as the number 1 tourist destination in the world. IMO.

I guess we agree to disagree here.

SirGoofy

I like your post, and yes, we will agree to disagree.

However on this point:
It is unecessary and problematic to make the MK the epicenter of WDW.

Unfortunately it is, jt. MK has been, is, and always will be the epicenter of WDW. Just as DL, TDL, and DLP will always be the epicenter of their respective resorts. Everyone wants to see the castle. Everyone wants the magic. No matter what they do, MK will always be the epicenter, and to make matters worse that's how they market it.

jt04

I like your post, and yes, we will agree to disagree.

However on this point:

Unfortunately it is, jt. MK has been, is, and always will be the epicenter of WDW. Just as DL, TDL, and DLP will always be the epicenter of their respective resorts. Everyone wants to see the castle. Everyone wants the magic. No matter what they do, MK will always be the epicenter, and to make matters worse that's how they market it.

It's terrible that the average guest isn't as excited about a trip to DHS as the MK or at least reasonably so. Yes, MK is the iconic park, but people can be informed of other options. They sure didn't seem to have any problem finding E:E in the first year it was open. I just think Disney could provide a better guest experience by tailoring the parks to a degree and better distribution of guests on property. That should be the goal anyway in my opinion.

headhoncho34

Original Poster
I'd love to see IJ added to the MK but DHS and especially DAK need such an add much more.

I see it entirely different than you. WDW is so much more than the MK. It is unecessary and problematic to make the MK the epicenter of WDW. And WDW can better respond to it's competion by having more tailored parks. That is a great luxury management and Imagineering should be exploiting.

I want DHS to be popular with everyone but especially teens and young adults. It should emphasize thrills. So if there is money for thrill rides it should go there mostly.

I want to see Epcot be popular with everyone but especially those who enjoy the "edutainment" angle. And don't be fooled, there are a lot of them. So they need to restore the Epcot Center values and appear to be.

I want AK to be popular with everyone, but especially people who enjoy truly immersive environments and adventures that such a park can provide.

And I want to see MK popular with everyone, but it should cater to families with preteens, not exclusively, but primarily.

This strategy would really allow Disney to seperate WDW from all other theme park resorts in the US and keep it as the number 1 tourist destination in the world. IMO.

I guess we agree to disagree here.
Agreed and i hope Star Tours 2.0 draws a lot of people back to DHS. All the thrill ride projects that WDI come up with from now on as you said should go to DHS and AK where most of the teens and adults go to already including Epcot.

SirGoofy

It's terrible that the average guest isn't as excited about a trip to DHS as the MK or at least reasonably so. Yes, MK is the iconic park, but people can be informed of other options. They sure didn't seem to have any problem finding E:E in the first year it was open. I just think Disney could provide a better guest experience by tailoring the parks to a degree and better distribution of guests on property. That should be the goal anyway in my opinion.

I agree. That's how it should be done, maybe you should move into a Disney marketing office, jt.:lol:

Lets Go Old School...

Bring back Mission to Mars and CircleVision: Magic Carpet Round The World and put them in their respective homes. While we're at it, get rid of those stupid rock formations and bring back the original waterfalls! The 70's-80's were such a great time for the parks...I feel bad for everyone who missed out on those times and had to suffer through the Eisner error of destruction.

--Central Clear.

Jasonflz

Bring back Mission to Mars and CircleVision: Magic Carpet Round The World and put them in their respective homes. While we're at it, get rid of those stupid rock formations and bring back the original waterfalls! The 70's-80's were such a great time for the parks...I feel bad for everyone who missed out on those times and had to suffer through the Eisner error of destruction.

--Central Clear.

No offense but no thank you. That 70's look was so outdated. No one today would buy it. The white color scheme looks incredibly ugly. New Tomorrowland was the best thing that could have happened in that location.

But I guess it is just opinion.

RSoxNo1

Casey Jr. is a train ride if I'm not mistaken - not a coaster. That being said, Disneyland has a larger crop of attractions than Magic Kingdom in Disney World, and after 2012 if WDW remains the same (unlikely) the Disneyland Resort will be rapidly approaching the total number of attractions in all 4 WDW parks.

Last I checked DLR had 2 parks and WDW 4 to "fill up". IJ is better suited to DHS or AK and DHS needs another major roller coaster to compete with Manta and RRR. WS could use a thrill ride too.

Comparing DLR to WDW and how the rides should be distributed is truly apples and oranges.

Eddie Sotto says less than 1 in 5 MK patrons go to Space Mountain. That speaks for itself. And the crowds coming through the gate indicate the lack of major thrills is not a problem for the MK. :shrug:

Manta has been heralded as a fantastic coaster - has it taken away from Disney's attendance? Universal has missed the boat on Rip Ride Rockit as they haven't been able to get it open for the summer crowds. My guess is that Universal has been taking the hit because of Manta, not Disney.

To me, the problem isn't necessarily adding thrill rides - sure, I like the thrills as much as the next guy, but what needs to be added is capacity. The Fantasyland expansion will accomplish this in the Magic Kingdom. Truth be told, all of the parks need an increase in capacity. Obviously adding high capacity D and E tickets to any of the parks would help lengthen the day, lengthen the trip and improve the guest experience.

If we're to believe the 5 year expansion plan for the MK (Jim "Grain of Salt" Hill), we're supposed to see phased construction that would start with the Beauty and the Beast area, then Little Mermaid (opening 6 months after DCA's version), and then the Enchanted Forest area that would include several smaller attractions (my hope is B/C level dark rides, but likely smaller stage shows and what not). This type of expansion would dramatically increase the overall capacity of the Magic Kingdom. My hope is that this, along with Harry Potter will see the other Disney parks attendance suffer, causing Disney to add new things across the board.

Studios Fan

Casey Jr. is a train ride if I'm not mistaken - not a coaster. That being said, Disneyland has a larger crop of attractions than Magic Kingdom in Disney World, and after 2012 if WDW remains the same (unlikely) the Disneyland Resort will be rapidly approaching the total number of attractions in all 4 WDW parks.

Manta has been heralded as a fantastic coaster - has it taken away from Disney's attendance? Universal has missed the boat on Rip Ride Rockit as they haven't been able to get it open for the summer crowds. My guess is that Universal has been taking the hit because of Manta, not Disney.

To me, the problem isn't necessarily adding thrill rides - sure, I like the thrills as much as the next guy, but what needs to be added is capacity. The Fantasyland expansion will accomplish this in the Magic Kingdom. Truth be told, all of the parks need an increase in capacity. Obviously adding high capacity D and E tickets to any of the parks would help lengthen the day, lengthen the trip and improve the guest experience.

If we're to believe the 5 year expansion plan for the MK (Jim "Grain of Salt" Hill), we're supposed to see phased construction that would start with the Beauty and the Beast area, then Little Mermaid (opening 6 months after DCA's version), and then the Enchanted Forest area that would include several smaller attractions (my hope is B/C level dark rides, but likely smaller stage shows and what not). This type of expansion would dramatically increase the overall capacity of the Magic Kingdom. My hope is that this, along with Harry Potter will see the other Disney parks attendance suffer, causing Disney to add new things across the board.

I agree. I like thrills as much as anybody, but capacity should be the main goal.

WDW1974

I agree. I like thrills as much as anybody, but capacity should be the main goal.

It is.

Capacity is the ONLY reason MK expansion is finally gonna happen.

Although the idea that every attraction at MK has to appeal to six-year-olds or octagenarians with back and heart conditions (as it now seems) is patently absurd.

Walt himself built one of the first thrill rides of the modern era with the Matterhorn.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom