Stitch's Great Escape replacement?

Studios Fan

As a fan, I would be extremely happy to see both MILF and SGE replaced immediately, but these things have a certain shelf life, so we're probably stuck with them for a few more years. Now COP, that's another thing. Disney finally needs to have mercy and pull the plug on that one. It's time has long passed, and the only people getting any enjoyment out of it are the .01% of the park guests who have great nostalgia for Disney history (I would include myself in this).

I agree with you on the points except COP. It could use some updates but is a classic and I would say a higher percentage enjoy it than you might think.

headhoncho34

Original Poster
I can't speak for anyone else, but as much as I loved Timekeeper, I can see why that change was made. Circle Vision attractions are never going to be headliners that attract waiting times. Now I do wish that an attraction up to the same quality of Timekeeper had replaced it. I think MILF is fine, but it isn't a very ambitious attraction and it shouldn't require a lot of space. It's fine for what it is, but it isn't something that should be occuping that large show building, IMO.

I think the CoP could thrive again if a nice rehab began. You can say a lot of things about the MK, but one thing they have done a nice job of recently is updating the classic attractions. They've been MUCH more successful at that than they have been in brand new attractions.
True because when they refurbished HM it went from excellent to perfection. Now JC is getting its major refurb in 2010 and well have to see how SM turned out after its refurb in November.

jt04

Oh, good. Armchair jt is much more preferable to Sheriff jt.:wave::lol:

Still like your WoM idea....

I'm not the sheriff. But if the sheriff shows up at D23 and announces WDW projects, then Armchair jt is out of business for another decade. So it's all in how you look at it.

I'd rather have real projects being built than making them up in my imagination.:lol:

Jasonflz

There is great irony in this thread. On the one hand, you have people arguing that SGE never has a line, proving that the attraction is on some level a failure.

And then a lot of those same folks are saying that we should bring back Timekeeper to replace MILF.

If there was ANY attraction in recent MK memory that never had a line, it was Timekeeper. You could always walk right in to the next show, regardless of whether it was a cold week day in November or the middle of the Fourth of July. Disney would be nuts to bring it back.

This has nothing to do with the quality of the show, which I personally find vastly superior to MILF (just as I find AE to be vastly superior to SGE). It has everything to do with marketing. The average family doesn't know that Laugh Floor sucks. They only know that they like Mike and Sully. Of course they're going to give Laugh Floor a shot. Nobody knows anything about "The Timekeeper", nor did Disney bother to market it as something you needed to see.

I don't think SGE or MILF pull in very many repeat visitors. People will see them once because of the cartoon characters plastered above the door. Over time, word of mouth starts to compensate for the bad shows, and the attendance drops. It actually happened with AE too. Its popularity waned, because it developed a reputation for being too scary for the MK.

As a fan, I would be extremely happy to see both MILF and SGE replaced immediately, but these things have a certain shelf life, so we're probably stuck with them for a few more years. Now COP, that's another thing. Disney finally needs to have mercy and pull the plug on that one. It's time has long passed, and the only people getting any enjoyment out of it are the .01% of the park guests who have great nostalgia for Disney history (I would include myself in this).

Very well said. There was a reason TK had small lines.
1.) No one knew where it was. There was no signage like MILF that sticks right out.
2.) Like you said, lack of any familiar characters. Just goes to show what suckers regular guests are.
3.) Same problem with MILF, AE, and SGE. Lack of repeat visit-ability. See it once and you are done for the rest of the time. (unless you loved it like me)
4.) The idea of standing for 20 minutes to watch a show after walking all day isn't very popular with guests. It is a shame because Circle-Vision is very revolutionary in my opinion.

MILF does have the element of advertising but it still pulls in fewer crowds and receives very mixed reviews. It would fare better in a smaller location at DHS. Then, it could last for years to come. If it remains in TL the lines will be literally gone. Possibly even in a few years.

Studios Fan

MILF does have the element of advertising but it still pulls in fewer crowds and receives very mixed reviews. It would fare better in a smaller location at DHS. Then, it could last for years to come. If it remains in TL the lines will be literally gone. Possibly even in a few years.

I agree completely.

vonpluto

Now COP, that's another thing. Disney finally needs to have mercy and pull the plug on that one. It's time has long passed, and the only people getting any enjoyment out of it are the .01% of the park guests who have great nostalgia for Disney history (I would include myself in this).

Maybe for COP as it sits the time has passed, but I think the concept of a "Carousel of Progress" is timeless.

Here's a thought relocate the "concept" to FW, and let WDI run wild with a new presentation of progress. GE is gone, so electricity would not have to be the central theme.:)

vonpluto

4.) The idea of standing for 20 minutes to watch a show after walking all day isn't very popular with guests. It is a shame because Circle-Vision is very revolutionary in my opinion.

Perhaps a better fit for today's "average" guest is Impressions de France. 270 degree screen, and seating. Great for those who want to take a load off and enjoy a show and wonderful for those who need a:snore:

wdwbeepbop

I think The Timekeeper would've thrived in DL because of their respect for a real classic attraction seeing as how the Enchanted Tiki Room can still play there to a relatively full theatre

headhoncho34

Original Poster
He better. Because if not, the Mouse is looking at losing a lot of people in Florida. The natives are indeed restless.
I think they well because how dont think even WDW management is that stupid to not want new projects being confirmed for their parks. Nobody wants to have people leaving the area to go to DL because when people leave that means the budget of WDW will plummet. Trust me theyll be announcing projects for WDW.

jakeman

Very well said. There was a reason TK had small lines.
1.) No one knew where it was. There was no signage like MILF that sticks right out.
2.) Like you said, lack of any familiar characters. Just goes to show what suckers regular guests are.
3.) Same problem with MILF, AE, and SGE. Lack of repeat visit-ability. See it once and you are done for the rest of the time. (unless you loved it like me)

1.)Lame excuse. Haunted Mansion doesn't have any signs and Jungle Cruise is literally in a hole.

2.)Stupid regular guest. They don't deserve to have things that are nice! Only people who truely grasp the minutae of WDW should be allowed to dictated preferences of the corporation.

3.)So it has no repeatablility, but should be kept around?

4.) Circle-Vision was revolutionary in 1982. You know what else showed up around that time? The juice-box.

Jasonflz

1.)Lame excuse. Haunted Mansion doesn't have any signs and Jungle Cruise is literally in a hole.

2.)Stupid regular guest. They don't deserve to have things that are nice! Only people who truely grasp the minutae of WDW should be allowed to dictated preferences of the corporation.

3.)So it has no repeatablility, but should be kept around?

4.) Circle-Vision was revolutionary in 1982. You know what else showed up around that time? The juice-box.

Your excuses are very weak.

1. No it's not. Even Martin confirmed this.

2. That is true.

3. What are you talking about?

4. Where else can you find screens circling around you? Call me if you actually do.:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom