Stitch's Great Escape replacement?

_Scar

BTMRR

So a minetrain roller coaster only appeals to boys?

Splash

You're right, cartoon animals are only aimed at boys.

Space

I seriously don't get where you are going with these. I should probably stop here, but I've already committed.

Jungle Cruise

I've had girls just as excited as any boy to do the JC. It's animals. All kids love animals.

PotC

Again, a complete and utter falicy. Girls love Captain Jack just as much as boys do. Maybe even more.

TSI

It's a playground. I don't see how it's boy centric. Because it's based off a story about a boy? Most kids in the targeted age group don't even know who Tom is, so it's a weak argument.

CBJ

This is the only one I'll give you.

HoP

I don't really think kids are the target audience for this to begin with.

HM

Again, don't know how this is targeted at boys. If anything the central figure in the ride is a bride.

Girls are mainly into the princesses rather than the great outdoors, westerns, presidents, haunted mansions, getting wet, and space. It's SO true. Yes there are exceptions to the rule, but still the majority of the rides are for BOYS. I'm not saying that girls aren't supposed to ride these either, so no one should twist my words. I do have to agree... girls swoon for Cap'n Jack.

jakeman

1. He confirmed that people walked right on by. HM may have little signage but you still see people noticing it. With TK no one really knew it was there. Disney literally had to put sandwich boards outside saying it was open. Do a thread search or ask Martin yourself. ;)

2. The average guest is dumb if they can't read warning signs.

3. I didn't say it should be brought back. I just said that if it was there would be no problems.

4. Yes, and you are partially right but do Canada and China have an advanced AA and a bunch of cool in-theater effects? Do they even have a storyline? I don't think so.

I personally am never going to do MILF or SGE again. They suck and only appeal to little ones. What a waste.
1. Maybe they walk right past it because they had no interest in going on it?

2. Perhaps at this point I should remind you of your original post:
2.) Like you said, lack of any familiar characters. Just goes to show what suckers regular guests are.
I'm not sure this has anything to do with warning signs.
3. The only problem would be that there would be an attraction that no one goes on...

4. Maybe not, but there was nothing revolutionary about the attraction. It was a combination of already proven technologies.

Yes, it is a waste that Disney has two attractions that don't appeal exclusively to you.

Jasonflz

I was told there would be no reading.

:lol: Same here.

1. Maybe they walk right past it because they had no interest in going on it?

2. Perhaps at this point I should remind you of your original post:
I'm not sure this has anything to do with warning signs.
3. The only problem would be that there would be an attraction that no one goes on...

4. Maybe not, but there was nothing revolutionary about the attraction. It was a combination of already proven technologies.

Yes, it is a waste that Disney has two attractions that don't appeal exclusively to you.

1. That is possible for some guests but like I keep saying, talk or PM Martin and he will explain everything. Don't be shy.

2.Just shows how ignorant regular guests are. (not all of them, just those that I brought up)

3. I would go on it. :p

4. But it was unique. Where have you heard of a movie called Timekeeper. I sure haven't. (although I wished they would make one)

I'm not talking about me. I am talking about anyone old enough to know what a MILF is. Maybe you enjoy it but I know that most adults and teens don't. Like I said, what a waste.

jakeman

I'm not talking about me. I am talking about anyone old enough to know what a MILF is. Maybe you enjoy it but I know that most adults and teens don't. Like I said, what a waste.
This is where your argument falls apart. I would venture to guess, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that you don't have access to that information on an official level, and this "fact" comes from anecdotial conversations you have had.

I don't think any of us here can say definitively what the approval numbers for MILF are.

I liked TK better than MILF, but I don't hate MILF. I don't do it everytime I go, but I didn't do TK either.

Jasonflz

This is where your argument falls apart. I would venture to guess, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that you don't have access to that information on an official level, and this "fact" comes from anecdotial conversations you have had.

I don't think any of us here can say definitively what the approval numbers for MILF are.

I liked TK better than MILF, but I don't hate MILF. I don't do it everytime I go, but I didn't do TK either.

I'm basing on what people on here think. I know many people don't like to do this unless they have children. I can't imagine any other teen wanting to do MILF.

I do see what you mean though, and you do have a valid point.

jakeman

I'm basing on what people on here think. I know many people don't like to do this unless they have children. I can't imagine any other teen wanting to do MILF.

I do see what you mean though, and you do have a valid point.
That is understandable.

Also, I do want to mention again, that I do agree with you that TK was superior to MILF.

I don't think that MILF is bad, just not my cup of tea.

Now SGE is bad...

headhoncho34

Original Poster
That is understandable.

Also, I do want to mention again, that I do agree with you that TK was superior to MILF.

Now SGE is bad...
Agree with you on SGE. Its time WDW takes care of that attraction with the wrecking ball.

Figment632

Typically Disney loses the male demographic when they hit their teenage years, and gets them back in their late 20s/early 30s. The largest appeal is obviously children but whether the focus is on boys or girls is somewhat difficult to ascertain. Obviously the Princess and Fairies line appeals to girls more so than it does guys, but many of the lines that appeal to boys (like Pirates for example) have a marginal appeal to girls.

What I look at are the polarizing characters and movies. I have a feeling that the Princess and the Frog is going to struggle to get young boys to want to see it unless they focus the marketing on the lesser characters. It's akin to Cars where the appeal was more strongly rooted in boys than it was girls (granted that movie did very well).

From the perspective of a child (Under 18, not under 10), it would seem that the rumored Fantasyland expansion appeals more to girls than it does boys, but if Ariel's Undersea Adventure is the amazing attraction that people are invisioning it's not going to matter.

Exactly why I think 99% of the FL expansion is a waste.

_Scar

I'm a boy I guess, but I will ride TLM no matter what when it comes out. Will I brag and say it is my favorite ride to friends? Probably not because it is very girly, but if the budget is like DCA's... it must be something to see.

But I am a die hard Disney fan and most boys my age or younger probably would not care at all.

BatB restaurant will attract boys and girls, though. So FL expansion wouldn't be a waste whatsoever.

Figment632

I'm a boy I guess, but I will ride TLM no matter what when it comes out. Will I brag and say it is my favorite ride to friends? Probably not because it is very girly, but if the budget is like DCA's... it must be something to see.

But I am a die hard Disney fan and most boys my age or younger probably would not care at all.

BatB restaurant will attract boys and girls, though. So FL expansion wouldn't be a waste whatsoever.

Ill say it again I am excited for TLM!.

Jasonflz

That is understandable.

Now SGE is bad...

I do agree. I think MILF is fine the way it is. I am not happy to see it take up as much space as it is. If it was more like Turtle Talk in a smaller location I would appreciate it better.

As for SGE, you are spot on.

Jasonflz

Very true. I personally think that this is an interesting addition. Maybe it is because I am a Disney fan.:shrug:

Dragonrider1227

Matter of opinion.... AE was not a good ride... Better than Stitch, but nothing to brag about...
Indeed. I don't care what the theme was I have no desire to be strapped to a chair while an alien drools on me :lookaroun
and for the record, I'll totally ride TLM and... I'm a boy :eek:

_Scar

TLM story is a classic, and as much as I'm against cloning of rides.... this ride will be awesome along with the rest of FL. I have nieces in the family, so no doubt I will be in that area :king: quite a bit.

Think BatB restuarant will be like Rainforest Cafe as in cheap eats in different themed rooms or a massive room with expensive food?

Anywho, I'd love to have something Tron in there to get people interested in Tron again. I happen to know nothing about Tron, and don't plan to look it up and watch it online... but perhaps if it was shoved in my face I'd want to go see the movie :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom